PDA

View Full Version : Adam Metal Armor stack?

WolfSpirit
07-05-2007, 10:04 AM
That is, I've a set of +5 Adama(sp?) Chain Shirt, paid a good price for too. Only DR/1. So I also buy a +5 Ada Light steel shield, also DR/1. My character sheet still only shows DR/1. Don't they stack? Shouldn't they? Whats going on here?

Mad_Bombardier
07-05-2007, 10:11 AM
Armor DR does not stack, you take the highest value. Eg., Axeblock and Adamantine stops 5 from slashing weapons and 3 from others.

WF DR stacks with DR enhancements and Barb DR stacks with Barb enhancements. Lastly, Shield DR stacks only when Shield Blocking. See DDOwiki's Damage Reduction (http://ddo.enterwiki.net/page/Damage_reduction) page.

WolfSpirit
07-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Makes sense from the rules set, but...

If I have DR on a shield (not the blocking type but the material type) and a monster has to get past even the somewhat in the way shield.

And then has to get past the armor clad part which has its own DR.

You would think since it has to get past 2 things (non-magical) it would be DR 2.

I'm not complaining, just speculating. I'll sell the shield, I've a +3 light of Mod Fort I was using anyway.

Missing_Minds
07-06-2007, 09:45 AM
If I have DR on a shield (not the blocking type but the material type) and a monster has to get past even the somewhat in the way shield.
And then has to get past the armor clad part which has its own DR.
You would think since it has to get past 2 things (non-magical) it would be DR 2.

No, because your shield is already figured into your AC. DR works on the assumption that you got hit. So the only way to make it work also is to be actively shield blocking.