PDA

View Full Version : Gianthold Tor: Dragon Scale Runs

grimblackblade
07-05-2007, 09:53 AM
I have a quick question. I appriciate the help.

When a group is doing a Gianthold Tor Dragon Scale Loot Run (like you see in the LFG panel), do they need to finish the quest part first in order to access the Dragons or can they just go right to the dragons without finishing the quest?

Thanks.

samhuinn
07-05-2007, 09:56 AM
You have to finish the quest in order for the gate to the dragons to be opened. Usually once yer doing the preraid your character is capped or real close so it doesn't matter so much, but I wonder how much XP killing the dragons would be worth.

Lithic
07-05-2007, 09:57 AM
You must finish the quest first. Otherwise you have about 12 locked and closed doors between you and the dragons :D

The quest itself isnt too bad though. Our guild groups usually breeze through those in about 30mins or less. Oh and if you want to do the tor on elite for favor, dont even think of doing the dragons hehe.

samhuinn
07-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Oh and if you want to do the tor on elite for favor, dont even think of doing the dragons hehe.

Nah, as with everything, with the right group, the dragons on elite aren't too bad. Just gotta make sure to have a plan, and have everyone stick to it.

Loots still the same ****, and ya don't get anymore scales. So there's not a lot of point to it, other than to say ya did it, but it's a good time :)

grimblackblade
07-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Thank you very much.

I went through it with my Sorc, but need to do it with my other 2 and just got the relics for it. I didn't want to join a pug looting for scales if they wouldn't advance me to be raid ready via the quest part. And if they are going after the dragons, obviously that helps because it is needed as well.

Thanks again for the info.

gorloch
07-05-2007, 02:38 PM
I wonder how much XP killing the dragons would be worth.

One dragon is worth just under 5k xp at level 14. ;)

P

Bombalo
07-05-2007, 02:52 PM
One thing you should make sure is that your not joining a group already in progress cause a lot of times a group has a tank or caster drop and they need to fill the spots to take out the dragons...oh and a dragon is worth 4600 xp at level 14 on normal.

Aranticus
07-05-2007, 08:32 PM
You must finish the quest first. Otherwise you have about 12 locked and closed doors between you and the dragons :D

The quest itself isnt too bad though. Our guild groups usually breeze through those in about 30mins or less. Oh and if you want to do the tor on elite for favor, dont even think of doing the dragons hehe.

i've done elite dragons when i'm on my ftr. its actually not that hard.... but it takes a good caster to solo the white dragon while the rest try take the giant down. 2 casters n 2 clr is a must on elite

Aranticus
07-05-2007, 08:35 PM
One thing you should make sure is that your not joining a group already in progress cause a lot of times a group has a tank or caster drop and they need to fill the spots to take out the dragons...oh and a dragon is worth 4600 xp at level 14 on normal.

doesnt really matter. i find joining groups who already finished the main parts to be best time wise for scale runs.... but before you join, its good to check who are the party members :D

samhuinn
07-06-2007, 08:26 AM
One dragon is worth just under 5k xp at level 14. ;)

P

hehe..thanks, I've never really payed attention to it before actually.