PDA

View Full Version : Reset ransakes as apart of loot weekend

osirisisis
07-04-2007, 12:30 PM
If there going to give us a gift then why not make the gift great and reset all ransakes b4 a +1 loot week end.

Bombalo
07-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Im pretty sure they already do that but seriously how hard is it to plan ahead...they gave us more than a weeks notice on the weekend just stop looting on say thursday night. How hard is it really?

Grammaton_Cleric
07-04-2007, 01:54 PM
If there going to give us a gift then why not make the gift great and reset all ransakes b4 a +1 loot week end.

Hmmm, let me guess you went ransacked as of yesterday or today, and are whinning now about them reseting your characters. They gave you ample notice to stop running the quest you plan on doing for the +1 loot weekend.

Look on the bright side, there is always Tempest Spine for ya.

Scarsgaard
07-04-2007, 01:58 PM
LOL...

Don't reset them. If people can't hold their horses for 1 eek then they deserve the ransack...

...you folkes do realize that there are other quests besides the Tor?

narizue
07-04-2007, 02:07 PM

Sorry I just can't support this idea. As other posters have indicated, we got more than one weeks notice. If you don't want to postpone ransacking on POP etc for a week to take full advantage of the +1 loot weekend that is you choice.

And with a little planning and an understanding of the ransack timer you can get the best of the weekend pretty easily. :rolleyes:

They point is that there are a lot of different oppurtunities in the game other than just looting the same quest over and over for a week. Heck there are even other loot runs, though not always as fast or rewarding.

As a side note, I am gonna guess that somebody forgot to make sure his ransack timer would be clear for the weekend. :eek:

Rathic
07-04-2007, 03:04 PM
actually the smart thing to do would be run it once on say saturday morning a week before... then sack it friday, and saturday it will reset and you can sack it twice in one weekend :p

query
07-04-2007, 08:42 PM
I haven't played POP in two weeks and I tried it once today! What does that mean for my weekend of leveling my lower characters?

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Hokiewa
07-04-2007, 08:55 PM
actually the smart thing to do would be run it once on say saturday morning a week before... then sack it friday, and saturday it will reset and you can sack it twice in one weekend :p

Smart:)

As far as reseting ransack status for those that can't read, NO. Turbine actually gave a generous advance notice for this and if you can't contain yourself then tough lima beans. Absurd request OP, next..............

Uska
07-04-2007, 09:06 PM
NO you were given plenty of notice to plan for it so dont be greedy

TechNoFear
07-04-2007, 09:41 PM

I don't think this works.....

My understanding is that the ransack timer STARTS when you get the ransack message (not when you first did the quest).

And to the OP, no don't reset the timer. Plan ahead, the rest of us did.

Lifespawn
07-04-2007, 10:19 PM
incorrect the ransack timmer starts when you open the chest the first time after ransack resets

Kethir
07-05-2007, 01:49 AM
Agree. In fact, I'd say reset it before the weekend and after the weekend.

I hate how before a weekend, there's nothing to do except lowbie stuff, since everyone is "saving" the quests for the weekend.

I hate how after a weekend, there's nothing to do except lowbie stuff, since everyone has "burned" their runs during the weekend.

Every loot weekend kills the server activity for level 14 characters for 2 weeks. Loot weekends sort of suck for that reason.

query
07-05-2007, 01:54 AM
as listed in my biting sarcasm prior post. Non hiddens so come on down to my listed serves and I'll play w ya if you lemme know when.

2 down 4 to 12 to go :)

Swordalot
07-05-2007, 07:35 AM
I'd like it, personally, if Turbine would deal with all the people who are running *every* Gianthold quest now, and saving their end rewards for the weekend. Make an announcement that all quest statuses will be reset or something, then reset all top-priority loot quests to "begun but not finished" status.

MacFionn
07-05-2007, 07:48 AM
I got the impression that the ransack timer reset after a certain amount of time regardless of whether you hit ransack. Essentially, if I ran PoP 5 times in a row 3 weeks ago the timer would have reset, despite the fact that I didn't get a ransack notice.

Lorien_the_First_One
07-05-2007, 10:47 AM
I got the impression that the ransack timer reset after a certain amount of time regardless of whether you hit ransack. Essentially, if I ran PoP 5 times in a row 3 weeks ago the timer would have reset, despite the fact that I didn't get a ransack notice.

If you search the dev threads the answer is out there somewhere but around the first look weekend one of them confirmed that the timer starts the first time you open a chest. And it resets in 7 days. It doesn't matter if you loot to ransack all in the first day, or if you open in once on Monday and then do the rest of your ransack on day 7, on day 8 you have a clean slate either way.

Some people use this to plan for the loot weekends... Avoid the quests 2 weeks before the loot run day... 1 week before run it once. On the first loot day ransack (day 7 of the timer) and then the next day you can ransack again (basically 2x ransack in 1 weekend).

OKCRandy1
07-05-2007, 10:47 AM
/bad idea

Plenty of chests to around.

Lorien_the_First_One
07-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Agree. In fact, I'd say reset it before the weekend and after the weekend.

I hate how before a weekend, there's nothing to do except lowbie stuff, since everyone is "saving" the quests for the weekend.

I hate how after a weekend, there's nothing to do except lowbie stuff, since everyone has "burned" their runs during the weekend.

Every loot weekend kills the server activity for level 14 characters for 2 weeks. Loot weekends sort of suck for that reason.

If people actually plan to run every L12/13/14 quest to ransack over the weekend (is there even time to do that?) then they need to take a break from the game so the ransack timer is a good thing :cool:

The_Cataclysm
07-05-2007, 10:50 AM
If you search the dev threads the answer is out there somewhere but around the first look weekend one of them confirmed that the timer starts the first time you open a chest. And it resets in 7 days. It doesn't matter if you loot to ransack all in the first day, or if you open in once on Monday and then do the rest of your ransack on day 7, on day 8 you have a clean slate either way.

Some people use this to plan for the loot weekends... Avoid the quests 2 weeks before the loot run day... 1 week before run it once. On the first loot day ransack (day 7 of the timer) and then the next day you can ransack again (basically 2x ransack in 1 weekend).

That is the reason why they should reset the ransack timers (though they shouldn't announce it).

FoxOne
07-05-2007, 11:02 AM
how is it turbine's responsibility if people are too stupid to control themselves & plan?we only had like 3 weeks notice before...Even with a loot week-end some people complain.Losers will always be losers

Barumar
07-05-2007, 03:11 PM

I did just that on both my lvl 14's last Saturday with a very cooperative PUG!

Now if I can get off work early tomorrow, and ingore my family all afternoon/evening, I may just be able to Ranscak Pop with both before Noon (and 12:30pm) on Saturday, and then do it over again Saturday - Sunday...

Pop til I drop this weekend! :D With some +50% XP quests with my lvl 7 Cleric mixed in.

Barumar