FrostBeard
07-03-2007, 10:05 PM
nuff said

dormetheus
07-03-2007, 10:29 PM
give us a merged thread

VengeanceBlade
07-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Yea, I'd love to have cloaks and capes in the game Actually display. (As well as the ability to recolor armor and cloaks so we could dye it whatever color we wanted... AND to not have to do 5 million things to get a tub of dye or have an account active for X amount of time.) Would be great!

Falco_Easts
07-03-2007, 10:52 PM
And how many threads you wanna post on this?

VengeanceBlade
07-03-2007, 10:53 PM
As many as it takes? Hahaha and while we're on the subject of repetitive threads of what we want in the game that isn't... Is it true Monk's will be released in an expansion we have to Pay for? Want to try and find out of that is true or just idle gossip if anyone knows.

Lillitheris
07-04-2007, 05:07 AM
As many as it takes? Hahaha and while we're on the subject of repetitive threads of what we want in the game that isn't... Is it true Monk's will be released in an expansion we have to Pay for? Want to try and find out of that is true or just idle gossip if anyone knows.

There has been no word about a paid expansion. Monks were announced to be released in the fall (tm). Depending on your viewpoint (and where you live, heh) that might mean either Mod5 (Septemberish-October) or Mod6 (Decemberish).

Shrazkil
07-04-2007, 06:34 PM
GIVE US a break with these stupid threads.

gelgoog
07-04-2007, 07:32 PM
i agree with op cloaks should be viewable or not....kinda like guild wars.

Mookie_Mashfoot
07-04-2007, 07:41 PM
GIVE US a break with these stupid threads.

/signed

OKCRandy1
07-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Nothing wrong with thread. It's posted in the appropriate section. If someone doesn't like it they can choose to not respond, nobody is twisting their arm.

Cloaks and and other appearance enhancments would be great. Many development threads have them on wish lists. Let's hope the devs are paying attention. Character building is one of DDO's greatest assets, I hope they expand on the character appearance option to compliment the great character devellpment.

Ken_Dorak
07-05-2007, 12:11 PM
As far as a paid expainsion goes, here are my thoughts:

1) After DDO came out, most of Turbine's focus went to developing LotRO. Which is fine. However, since then, most of the content and additions for DDO have been pretty slow (especially in recent months, minus Gianthold - which is cool). LotRO got great reviews, has a terrific new player base and is doing well. I say it's time to start work on a DDO expansion to be released in 2008/early 2009. Since this is DDO: Stormreach, they could do something along the lines of DDO: Sharn or something to that effect, and give us another city, another continent and other things to explore.

2) Included in the expansion could be many things, including other classes and races not already announced such as the other core classes and races and Eberron classes and races. By then, with the druid class having (supposedly) been implemented, you could add in shifters and such since the mechanics would already be there.

3) This expansion could include a major engine upgrade to include the ability to see one's cloak/cape, bracers, boots, etc. and provide additional character customization in addition to having already given the ability to adjust armor color/looks due to the crafting system.

4) Expand futher on the housing and crafting systems that will be coming.

Of course, these are just ideas. However, with DDO's decline in population (I'm not saying it is bare by any means, but ...) this could provide a boost to population. As well, fixing long overdue issues such as the ranged attack bug and other such annoyances could provide former players who left the opportunity to come back and see how much the game has expanded since then.

Anyway, just my 2 cp.

AEschyl
07-05-2007, 12:44 PM
that was way more than 2cp :p

and i like your ideas!! (just dont make me pay for anything above my monthly $14.99....)

Ken_Dorak
07-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Well, eventually for all large additions to the game, a paid expansion is the standard and all MMOs do it. The main bonus to it, is that it puts the product back on the new release shelves and draws the attention of old and new players alike.

Therefore, I wouldn't mind paying for an expansion.

However, it's have to have the amount of content that the original DDO cost to make it worth it.

OKCRandy1
07-05-2007, 01:38 PM
I agree with you Ken Dorak, the paid expansion should be worth the price.

I understand the price obstacle for some, but their are just too many benefits to a paid expansion for Turbine to ignore. Content aside, getting DDO back on the shelves, having PC gaming magazine reviews, accompanied by (hopefully) a great advertising campaign could do great things for the server populations.

As to content, the scope needs to be grand, including new races, classes, guild goodies, crafting, and a sizable increase in quest content and locations to visit. In the meantime, Devs could give the guy his cloak!

BlueClaw
08-06-2007, 07:34 AM
Why not make Boots,gloves and bracers that are viewable. Some of us are tired of the same played out armor models and any appearence changes to the heros may help dull that.

Anastasios
08-06-2007, 07:54 AM
.However, it's have to have the amount of content that the original DDO cost to make it worth it.

LMAO, that is a good one, here's an expansion, uhhhhhh hold on, where did all our players go?? I think if they have as much content as the original, then obviously the game should go for only $25, they might as well put an expansion in that is worthy of the $50 tag, why do you think so many people left in the first place...

Draclaud
08-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Then that would give them something to do besides:

Take away, then Give back our Spell Points
Drastically Reduce the Effectiveness of our AOE Spells and CC Spells
Remove Usefull Scrolls from vendors
Go through with the evasion fix, (even though is had been that way forever)
Tinker with the Idea of drastically reducing the encentive to raid
Creating time sinks instead of content.
Consistantly ignoring the ranged combat bug that causes 1/3 of your attacks to not even record a die roll.

Yep, all for the cloak thing. Hopefully it'll disract them for awhile.