PDA

View Full Version : How about giving enemy clerics cool down for their heal spells

Jomee
07-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Spamming chain heals every 2 seconds is utterly ridiculous.

smodge13
07-02-2007, 08:29 PM
too bad they dont do that to you when you charm them, too bad they dont heal you in general when you charm them >.> and for some reason their mass heals help all the other monsters when their charmed >.> enemy spellcasters are broken in general

Auran82
07-02-2007, 09:21 PM
They also have the feats, Silent Spell and Still Spell, that way they can cast while paralysed.

Yshkabibble
07-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Let's get the monsters some better AI before we make them easier. The game is not terribly challenging as it is.

Silverblade-T-E
07-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Just wait to mobs can chain cast Mas Heal and Meteor Swarm...yes, it IS broken that mobs can chain cast. To offset it, they need a delay between casts

I understand why the devs can't add, easily, proper spell casting to mobs (huge load on the server to track the SP etc). But being able to spam cast high level spells is *STUPID* as hell.

As said, chain cast mass heals, and bad AOEs....

tihocan
07-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Actually they have cooldowns, and longer than ours I believe.
But sometimes they have different spells. So they could cast Heal followed by CCW. Also, some monsters have some "improved recovery" enhancements, so they can heal quite fast.

Gol
07-03-2007, 10:00 AM
But sometimes they have different spells. So they could cast Heal followed by CCW. Also, some monsters have some "improved recovery" enhancements, so they can heal quite fast.I'll never forget the time I wand whipped a charmed Dwarf in PotP with a cure mod wand. He healed 90-something HPs. That's Superior Stupendous Uber Recovery, not just improved.

PurdueDave
07-03-2007, 10:27 AM
I would settle for a concentration check.

Yaga_Nub
07-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Actually they have cooldowns, and longer than ours I believe.
But sometimes they have different spells. So they could cast Heal followed by CCW. Also, some monsters have some "improved recovery" enhancements, so they can heal quite fast.

Actually they do not have cooldowns. Out in Gianthold I was fighting a dwarven cleric with my ranger. Since I was just playing around I decided to waste him with manyshot. 3 arrows out of the Silver Bow should have taken him down fast right? NOPE. Chain cast heal for the full 20 seconds and it definitely was HEAL not any CxW spell because the heal graphic is very distinct. His health would drop to nubbins and then, BAM!, right back to full health. I decided that this must have been an abberation but NOPE to this day I can still go out in GH and watch clerics chain cast HEAL on themselves.

bigal4458
07-03-2007, 10:54 AM
While you're at it, put a limit on the speed and amount of blade-barrier the Demon Queen can cast in the pre-raid. She litterally cast about 15 of these in a matter of a minute the other-day. We couldn't move, and she just sat in the middle.

Rediculous. Pretty smart of her though, i must say.

Ranmaru2
07-03-2007, 11:13 AM
I enjoyed trying to kill the cleric in the Crucible yesterday and having him do heal on himself 2x in 5 seconds all the way back to full life when I did about 600 damage to him only to see half go back up in 1 heal and then the other half go up in the other heal. Oh and lets not forget I couldnt get up after that because of Greater Command being thrown every second. Of course I couldn't roll above a 10 because the random # engine just sucks...

tihocan
07-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Actually they do not have cooldowns. Out in Gianthold I was fighting a dwarven cleric with my ranger. Since I was just playing around I decided to waste him with manyshot. 3 arrows out of the Silver Bow should have taken him down fast right? NOPE. Chain cast heal for the full 20 seconds and it definitely was HEAL not any CxW spell because the heal graphic is very distinct. His health would drop to nubbins and then, BAM!, right back to full health. I decided that this must have been an abberation but NOPE to this day I can still go out in GH and watch clerics chain cast HEAL on themselves.
How fast was the "chain cast"? (current heal cooldown for PCs is about 5s). Maybe he was using scrolls too? (that would allow a heal every 3s).
Could still bug report it just in case, since devs have stated monsters were supposed to have reasonable cooldowns.

Thrudh
07-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Use wounding on those guys

(or vorpal if you have one)

Khalai
07-03-2007, 11:50 AM
While you're at it, put a limit on the speed and amount of blade-barrier the Demon Queen can cast in the pre-raid. She litterally cast about 15 of these in a matter of a minute the other-day. We couldn't move, and she just sat in the middle.

Might just be because Mariliths have the ability to cast Blade Barrier at will :eek:

Boulderun
07-03-2007, 11:51 AM

This wouldn't be so bad if Blade Barrier was fixed so that when it is removed by a Break Enchantment (or disappears when it runs its course) it doesn't hit an extra time for "nyah nyah" damage.

dameron
07-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Use wounding on those guys

(or vorpal if you have one)

A "Heal" spell will cure all stat damage as well.

JD2134
07-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Dont forget the unlimited mana they have. Dont forget that pala mobs have over 20 lay on hands. .

I have stood behind a wall and listen as a skele caster hit the wall with chain lighting for 1 hour while i was goof off. WHY to see if he ran out of mana. He was casting it about every 30-45 sec which means roughly 90 cast of chain lighting and he still had mana.

Also love the fact that mob caster must have a spell con of over 50 cause i have never seen a spell caster fail his spell con check

DaGSO
07-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Need to keep track of caster mana, or abilities. This has been a pet irritation of mine. I have limited mana, the mob should have it as well. My pally has 3 lay of hands, and the mobs have more. Is that because my god is weak or is it because their god is more powerful and more benefical? If their god is better I want to change mine cause mine don't like me. One tactic that we could use is rope a dope a mob by letting it use it's mana, and then kill it when it is down. Although healing mobs are no problem with a caster type. Just keep it stoned and it can not cast. If it does, I am throwing a petition whenevr I see it. After all, I can not do anything when stoned except just look dumb.....and yes for those that group with me that is different then my regualr look :eek: .

DKerrigan
07-03-2007, 01:38 PM

Ding ding ding. Either give enemy casters a concentration check or take concentration checks out of the game. I just started playing an arcane and it's even more ridiculous to me now than it was before.

KoboldKiller
07-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Dont forget the unlimited mana they have. Dont forget that pala mobs have over 20 lay on hands. .

I have stood behind a wall and listen as a skele caster hit the wall with chain lighting for 1 hour while i was goof off. WHY to see if he ran out of mana. He was casting it about every 30-45 sec which means roughly 90 cast of chain lighting and he still had mana.

Also love the fact that mob caster must have a spell con of over 50 cause i have never seen a spell caster fail his spell con check

The unlimited mana is the one that gets me.

Vi'Aed
07-03-2007, 01:57 PM

Yeah, but casters have, generally, terrible fort saves. Stone-to-flesh. FoD, etc tend to do impressive things to them.

Not sure, but I don't think heal helps with either crippling or strength sapping. Those should slow the bugger down if you are looking for a weapon based approach.

Missing_Minds
07-05-2007, 11:12 AM

ordinarly yes, but I've planted my fighter (who was doing the only damage to the cleric) and using nothing but a wounder. 3 heals later, it was dead. This was 3 swings after the last heal.

Their version of heal apparently doesn't remove their ability damage. Thank you devs for this little grace else we'd never be able to kill off a cleric with melee given....
A) how much they run now.
B) no concentration checks.
C) unlimited mana.
D) Improved recovery 40. (I'm not really joking about that number either.)

DBELVIN
07-05-2007, 01:35 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Swordalot
07-05-2007, 02:56 PM
D) Improved recovery 40. (I'm not really joking about that number either.)

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g15/mmmoreos/?action=view&current=ScreenShot00027.jpg
Back a while, but yeah. Still need to get a Heal landed on one, though.
That's not a crit and unempowered, by the way.