PDA

View Full Version : All Server Pvp World!!!

Snuffy8
07-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Where the best of the best can duel for bragging rights, and for just plain fun!!!

How hard would it be to create a server that has no environment, just PVP arenas???? It could have regular character updates to account for levels and loot, but would not require any environment updates or patches!!!

This could be a very worthy investment for Turbine, especially while content is under development.... When there is no new content out there, people will be entertained by this. This will also inspire people to continue to play on there home servers to discover new items to make there characters more powerfull!!!

How can you lose on this one Turbine???

Vinos
07-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Where the best of the best can duel for bragging rights, and for just plain fun!!!

How hard would it be to create a server that has no environment, just PVP arenas???? It could have regular character updates to account for levels and loot, but would not require any environment updates or patches!!!

This could be a very worthy investment for Turbine, especially while content is under development.... When there is no new content out there, people will be entertained by this. This will also inspire people to continue to play on there home servers to discover new items to make there characters more powerfull!!!

How can you lose on this one Turbine???

They won't even do that for thier own test server. I can't imagine they would bother doing it for a PvP server. Aside from that PvP players make up a very small percentage of players and I doubt such a thing would ever happen. Needs of the many and all that jazz.

Snuffy8
07-02-2007, 03:30 PM
You missed the point about updating character info i think. the fact that Risia had new PVE issues that needed lots of attention, left no room for character updates. The simple fact that this world would have basically no environment to worry about, leaves generating new character info a small feat to overcome. It could be as simple as creating a program that would automatically update character info from other worlds. Looking at all the servers I am sure enough ppl would participate to make it worth while.

And just because you may not PVP, or you just suck at it, don't even for a second look down upon the population that does. We are strong, and we are many. We are the diehard gamers that keep comming back for more even when there is no more to be had!!!

Vinos
07-02-2007, 03:43 PM
You missed the point about updating character info i think. the fact that Risia had new PVE issues that needed lots of attention, left no room for character updates. The simple fact that this world would have basically no environment to worry about, leaves generating new character info a small feat to overcome. It could be as simple as creating a program that would automatically update character info from other worlds. Looking at all the servers I am sure enough ppl would participate to make it worth while.

And just because you may not PVP, or you just suck at it, don't even for a second look down at the population that does. We are strong, and we are many. We are the diehard gamers that keep comming back for more even when there is no more to be had!!!

Ease up with the personal attacks pal. I didn't say that I didn't like PvP I am just pointing out the reality of the situation. Nor am I "looking down" on the PvP population(although my opinon of you has dropped a bit). According the Samera it take 2 weeks for them to gather all the character data and transfer it to Risia. That has ZERO to do with content. You may have 100 friends who live and breathe PvP but that doesn't change the facts that PvP caters to the VERY small minority.

Roguewiz
07-02-2007, 03:47 PM

And just because you may not PVP, or you just suck at it, don't even for a second look down at the population that does. We are strong, and we are many. We are the diehard gamers that keep comming back for more even when there is no more to be had!!!

PvP makes up a very small percentage of the DDO populace. PvP was added as an afterthought (and I have ALWAYS contended that PvP as an afterthought doesn't work), despite the fact that DDO devs said there would never be PvP in this game. It's one thing to implement PvP into a game, its another to develop an entirely new server for the sole purpose of PvP. That is a waste of time and valuable resources that could be dedicated to fixing the current DDO.

On a side note, when I came back to the game, the 1st thing I did was run to every PvP arena in the game. What did I find? Air, crickets, nothing. Nobody PvPing. Perhaps that is due to the server I am on, or perhaps, PvP in this game shouldn't even be here?

If you want diehard PvP, there are other games out there. However DDO will never be the diehard PvP game you want, nor will it probably never have the PvP server you are asking for. Might I recommend the following PvP games to you:

Guild Wars
Shadowbane (yes it is free, but still fun...IMO at least)
Dark Age of Camelot

And where exactly was Vinos looking down upon PvP'ers? Perhaps you were the one looking down upon non-PvP'ers instead of him looking down upon you? Hmmmmmm?