PDA

View Full Version : Napkin from reaver is bugged

~Maui_86
07-02-2007, 01:36 PM
me and another guild mate tested out the napkin(+6 int and +1 spell focus mastery) from the reaver raid in pvp. we tested it because a guildie who got it fealt like it was harder to land spells when he wore it.

anyway the napkin is currently -1 to all ur spells dc's instead of +1.

i bug reported the problem but figured id post the problem here for maybe others to test it for themselves and bring more attention to the problem. also to warn anyone who is currently using a napkin.

Warplug
07-02-2007, 01:46 PM
i thought it was harder to land em, ill have to test myself when were back on, thanks for posting, war

Vinos
07-02-2007, 01:46 PM
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=111993&highlight=napkin

~Maui_86
07-02-2007, 01:53 PM
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=111993&highlight=napkin

rite on bud i tried searching on forums but didnt find anything :( .

anyway even if i did see it i would have posted again(to bring more attention to it). this is a huge problem imo. there are people out there spending lots of time to get this item but its actually hurting there toons. this bug needs to be fixed asap.

Gimpster
07-02-2007, 02:02 PM
then kept casting hold monster on me till we figured i had to roll a 5 or lower to fail my save. then he put the napkin on and then all of a sudden i could now save on a 6 or lower (making it easier for me to save and less likely for him to land spells, there for broken)
Could you rewrite that sentence in a way that doesn't contradict itself? (Hint: there is no such thing as "save on a 6 or lower")

Freeman
07-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Methinks he has something backwards. Without the Napkin, he failed on a 5 or lower. With the Napkin on, he failed on a 6 or lower. Um, isn't that what it is supposed to do? The DC increasing by +1 would mean you would have to roll one higher to make your save.

~Maui_86
07-02-2007, 02:09 PM
Could you rewrite that sentence in a way that doesn't contradict itself? (Hint: there is no such thing as "save on a 6 or lower")

read it again please

Gol
07-02-2007, 02:12 PM
No, but you could re-read it so that you understand ;)

He was testing with a friend in a PvP arena. When his friend had the napkin off, he saved (as the target of his friend's spell in a PvP arena) on a 5 or lower.

His friend then put the napkin on, theoretically raising the DC by one, such that he would fail on a 6 or lower. Instead, he failed on a 4 or lower. Hence, the bug.

edit: BAH! You know what I meant!

Drfirewater79
07-02-2007, 02:14 PM
as a stormreavers napkin user i am pretty ****ed to hear this news cause now i no longer have another +6 int item

when is this gettnig fixed

annoyed players want to know

sammy or someone else from dev team please reply that you even know this problem exists or are the people who did the work to test it and everyone who didnt know you messed up gonna suffer from now on ?

Tanka
07-02-2007, 02:14 PM
i had to roll a 5 or lower to fail my save. then he put the napkin on and then all of a sudden i could now save on a 6 or lower (making it easier for me to save and less likely for him to land spells, there for broken)
Uh... You mean save on a 6 or higher? Doing its job.

If you meant fail on a 4 or lower, then, yes, broken.

Freeman
07-02-2007, 02:15 PM

He was testing with a friend in a PvP arena. When his friend had the napkin off, he saved (as the target of his friend's spell in a PvP arena) on a 5 or lower.

His friend then put the napkin on, theoretically raising the DC by one, such that he would fail on a 4 or lower. Instead, he failed on a 6 or lower. Hence, the bug.

Backwards, people, come on. Say the DC without the Napkin is 25, and he has a +20 Will save. That means he has to roll a 5 to save.( 5 + 20 = 25) Now the sorc puts on the Napkin, increasing the DC to 26. Now he has to roll a 6 to make the save.(6 + 20 = 26) In the first scenario, he has a 80% chance of success, but in the second, he only has a 75% chance of success(Success means making the save). Given the numbers, the Napkin is improving the sorc's DC.

~Maui_86
07-02-2007, 02:15 PM
whatever im to retartded and lazy to reword that so i just got rid of it.

napkins broken turbine please fix it.

Tanka
07-02-2007, 02:17 PM

Please, provide some screenshots.

If without you're saving on 5+, and with you're saving on 6+, it's working as intended.

Impaqt
07-02-2007, 02:17 PM
If there is a Problem withthe napkin (And My tests documented in the Linked THread showed No Issue) thenyou need to be more specific....

Many people have tested and also said they foundno problem...

WHat is the Exact Situation your seeing this issue?

Character Casting the Spell(Class makup, Focus Feats)
What Spell are you casting
What are the Saving Throws of the Person you are testing on.
Make sure all Variables are accounted for (No Paladins wandering inand out of the PVP Area while your testing for example)

~Maui_86
07-02-2007, 02:23 PM
im sorry i mis worded the saves so whatever all i remember was it was rolls of 5-6 sorry for wording it incorrectly but whatever. im not gonna go threw the trouble of screen shoting it. beleive me or not at ur own expence. i was just trying to give people a heads up but if ur just gonna nit pick at a wording issue then whatever i hope u use the napkin all the time.

Tanka
07-02-2007, 02:27 PM
If you want to prove it, post screenshots.

Spreading FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) without merit is as bad as the acronym sounds.

If you can't post screenshots, then I'm afraid your fears are unfounded and baseless.

Impaqt
07-02-2007, 02:32 PM
im sorry i mis worded the saves so whatever all i remember was it was rolls of 5-6 sorry for wording it incorrectly but whatever. im not gonna go threw the trouble of screen shoting it. beleive me or not at ur own expence. i was just trying to give people a heads up but if ur just gonna nit pick at a wording issue then whatever i hope u use the napkin all the time.

I posted definitive Results inthe other thread.. SOrry I didnt screen shot it.. But My Finding were that it is indeed working as intened... If you cant bother to provide proof of some sort then they are unfounded concerns.

Gimpster
07-02-2007, 02:33 PM
I understand that he thinks there is a problem with the save DCs, and I can make a strong guess as to what he attempted to write. But since this is an issue of some contention, it would be useful if he could really write what he saw happen, instead of responding based on assumptions of what he meant to say.

~Maui_86
07-02-2007, 02:42 PM
oh and it doesnt really prove anything by me screen shoting my saves anyways cause it doesnt prove anything.

screen shoting my saves cant prove anything cause u cant see what the casters items are who is casting on me. it would still be my word on whats going on.

Tanka
07-02-2007, 02:43 PM
It would be far more defenitive than "because I say so!"

You're being awfully dodgy and defensive about it.

Lifespawn
07-02-2007, 03:02 PM
i'll test today with screenshots for a difinitive answer

Lifespawn
07-02-2007, 04:46 PM
using command with no heighten no spell focuses and all items off on my cleric spectacles and napkin off a guildy saved on a 4 went down on a 3.

Spectacles of spirit sight on guildy went down on a 4 saved on a 5
Spectacles off napkin on guildy went down on the same 4 saved on a 5

so atleast on my cleric it is not bugged screenshots are being mailed to me an i will post them as i get them

BUpcott
07-02-2007, 05:03 PM

Turbine napkin is working fine for me and a bunch of us please don't mess around with it. Let Maui run reaver till he gets a working one like everyone else.
THX

Locathus
07-02-2007, 06:34 PM
As I posted in the other thread referenced above, I have tested this on my wizard and it works fine.