PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for play.

iamsamoth0
06-30-2007, 08:10 PM
I started this thread to have a notepad of ideas and hopefully imaginative concepts. To maybe highlight the open-ended possibilities of this game. Things or concepts that could make for a fuller gameplay experience. Stuff I think would be fun etc,

One thing I think would be utilizing the log-in dialog window for more things than just logging in/character selection(Which by the way still needs to have the up~down arrow keys enabled, at least).
For example,

1.) Bank and/or Inv., and/or mail maint. Logging out with the appropriate UI opened.
2.) AH use.
3.) Print-outs, just do it.
[No NPC does this, but could, commission a 'biography' of sorts?]
4.) Level advancement and action point use.

Couple things I think would be nice additions to the game itself.
A toggle on or near the map to remove NPC's and/or other PC's from being rendered by the game engine.{This one I suggest for those times when you want solo play. And you want maximum performance}.
It could be reset as simply as changing instances of the Harbor or the Marketplace. You want PC's turned on then toggle &-reload environment. Just like changing instances now. Same goes for the NPC's. Of course these are not viable in instances where interaction is necessary, in dungeons or maybe Three Barrel Cove, although it could be as simple as reloading the instance upon arrival to the designated spot where said individual would normally be(NPC's). And also this would preclude current party members.

Scaling hotbars. My issue now since updating the PC with a video card, and nicer monitor is the bars are so small, and so far apart.

An aforementioned Danger-room type environment. It has been tossed around before, I realize, but there are some good viable options there possibly. Available for quick-load, a pit challenge that awards similar to the current lottery system on MyDDO. Maybe.

(Highly Theoretical) Same dungeon~Ethereal play(Maybe referred to as Legendary) res shrines don't work, plus the addition of the ethereal mobs, which could consist of random encounters. Where the monsters(inhabitants) appear as we do when dead and the more powerful ones appear solid. As do the new mobs, PC's are severely limited due to the effects of existing on that plane. Say -2 'plus bonus' to equipment. Elemental damage is halved etc.. Exploring the same dungeons just slightly plane shifted.

All I have right this minute.
Discuss?

Gorby
07-01-2007, 07:22 PM
After reading that twice, I have absolutley no clue what you just said.

dogsday
07-01-2007, 07:59 PM
I was begining to think it was just me reading to late at night. :p

Truthfully Ima, there are things that you need go into deeper explanation on. A good example would be *1.) Bank and Inv., and the mail* please explain how you'd want this changed or at least what is wrong with it now.
Your other 1.) is utterly confusing.
*1.) A toggle on or near map, or however, for NPC's and/or other PC's.{This one I suggest for those times when you want solo play, and/or you know that you will not be shooting the breeze with Joe Stick-Stander, and the twenty people inbetween point A and B.And you want maximum preformance}
It could be reset as simply as changing instances of the Harbor or the Marketplace. You want PC's turned on toggle-reload enviroment. Just like changing instances now. Same goes for the NPC's. Of course these are not viable in instances where interaction is nessecery, in dungeons or maybe Three Barrel Cove, although it could be as simple as reloading the instance upon arrival to the designated spot where said individual would normally be(NPC's). And also this would preclude current party members.

I can't figure out how a new map has anything to do with "shooting the breeze with Joe Stick-Stander". I guess is what I'm saying is that you need to re-organize you thought on this (and the rest of your post) so that it is more consise and to-the-point because the point you tryed to make got lost in your explanation. Sounds like you have some interesting ideas so i hope you take the time to clear it up.

iamsamoth0
07-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Speaking to the second writers point of the Bank,Inv, Mail maint.:
There is nothing wrong with the current in-game system.
My point is why force the users to initialize the graphics engine when there could be an option to do these housekeeping items, OUTSIDE of the game.
That is to say, upon launching the game people would log in as normal but have the option to simply preform mundane house cleaning, in the parameters of the the login dialog window.
Print-out characters on unique(for DDO) character sheets.
Check on AH items bid or buyout, as normal.
Level advancement and/or action point expenditures.

These things would not make the users launch the game engine per say, just utilize the frontpage of the DB.

As to the point about the map stuff.
When an instance is 'full' in the game there is a pulldown menu, allowing players to switch between harbor1 or harbor2, etc...
Why not allow players the option of NOT loading npc's and/or PC's, in the attempt to increase or maximize FPS, or less stuff to draw, means the game runs faster.
I see it this way, if I am busy with a quest, I can, turn off interactions, via a 'toggle' that prevents the engine from drawing out every NPC, and PC between the two points I am travelling, to and from.
The computer I use does not have a graphics card, and the less work it has to do the better my game runs.
So, allowing players to toggle off the apperance of NPC, and PC's increases the playability for some users.

I hope that helps. I can try more, if need be.

iamsamoth0
07-02-2007, 02:09 PM
Oils. From the PnP version. Slipperiness, Ethereal, etc.

Oils could be essentially potions with extended(Maybe double) time, and persistent through instances.
They are applied. Using the search animation, instead using the descriptive.
~Applying~
Could apply them before entering, not have to consume the time inside the quest.
The cost could be double or whatever. Or/And could be a favor reward.

EDIT: This has come true already to an extent, long-lasting pots from the DDO store. But I do think the new item would be more exciting to find as a drop. Chest or otherwise.

iamsamoth0
07-03-2007, 08:59 PM
The toggles that I refer to could be as simple as such, with the defalut postion being on.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z140/bcashton/Toggle.jpg

Although I now realize the check box for NPC's would cover the pull down arrow for multi-instanced locales.
But, to reassert the point, there are times in the game that players may not wish/want/need interaction. Or could simply want to increase overall gamespeed.

*EDIT**UPDATED*
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z140/bcashton/Toggle2.jpg

iamsamoth0
07-03-2007, 09:08 PM
This is what I mean when I say 1/2 sized toolbars.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z140/bcashton/Halftools.jpg

Although they are at 75%, But this size actually works pretty good. The tiles are still distinguishable.
I don' think right click will activate the tile, so double right clicks could serve as the toggle.
Maybe?
What do you think?

iamsamoth0
07-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Playing space,'viewable screen area', is at a premium. This is another option that may be considered.
A collapse-able(sp?) main options bar.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z140/bcashton/Optionbar.jpg

And as well, it could have options that allow the user to define passive toggles, as well. If you wanted the latency button to remain viewable, or others.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z140/bcashton/passive2.jpg

The user would simply choose inside the options panel, which buttons to leave out in a 'passive mode'.

Rentz
07-04-2007, 10:26 AM
while I find your punctuation is atrocious ( :p ), I rather like your ideas.

It would be nice to be able to access your character sheets, items, and Auction House via the front end without having to log in. that way i could sneakily check my auctions from work!

-I wouldn't mind being able to resize my toolbars.
-I wouldn't mind having 'my own' instance without players, but i doubt this is a reasonable request...technical issues aside, it would confuse n00bs to no end.
-a collapsing menu bar would be nice.
-'ethereal' / uber difficulty would be a lot of fun. i probably wouldn't want "ethereal" difficulty to give any more Favor or XP than elite already does - however I would say that a +1 to the loot table would be a nice incentive to try try this difficulty. there's a whole bunch of ways you could skin this cat, honestly.

interesting ideas, Iam.
ps: fewer commas would be easier on the brain!

iamsamoth0
07-04-2007, 11:28 AM
with grammer, I can spell pretty well, and have a somewhat diverse vocabulary. But my punctuation sux, I know.
Ha, ha i couldn't spell grammer though...just goes to show we can't have it all.
But, I think it's better than some I have seen out there on the web, as well as in here on these forums.

But, thank you. Rentz for responding...

and the word is ..grammar

iamsamoth0
07-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Being able to 'break-apart' the inventory menu, somewhat akin to the chat dialog.
Pulling out the tabs would be more effective for re-organization. Being able to click-and-hold tabs to drag from position 1-5, in the inv. menu. Being able to drag 'page 1' to the position of 'page 5' and drop it, would I think, be a great method for working with inventory.

I still feel like this one could be incredibly useful!!

iamsamoth0
07-04-2007, 11:55 AM

It would be nice to be able to access your character sheets, items, and Auction House via the front end without having to log in. that way i could sneakily check my auctions from work!

-I wouldn't mind having 'my own' instance without players, but i doubt this is a reasonable request...technical issues aside, it would confuse n00bs to no end.
-'ethereal' / uber difficulty would be a lot of fun. i probably wouldn't want "ethereal" difficulty to give any more Favor or XP than elite already does - however I would say that a +1 to the loot table would be a nice incentive to try try this difficulty. there's a whole bunch of ways you could skin this cat, honestly.

interesting ideas, Iam.

I think the 'instanced' problem could be addressed by simply having everything viewable as default. Then allowing players to decide the viewing options.

MysticTheurge
07-04-2007, 09:00 PM
My thoughts, point by point:

More interactive Login Screen - I've often thought this would be pretty handy myself. I think there's some risk of encouraging people to log out if you give them options that are location specific in the game (i.e. Bank, AH, Trainers); that is, I'd hate to be in House D and want to train and feel as though it's faster to logout to the loading screen than it is to run to House J to train. So, I'm not sure I entirely like those three options you've presented. Character print outs aren't a bad idea. The other one I've always thought of before is the Who panel. There are times when I'm at the loading screen going "Who should I play today" and more often than not, that's going to partly depend on what kind of LFMs are up. The ability to view those before logging in can only save people time and frustration.

Disappearing NPCs/Other Players - I have to say I don't really like this idea. I understand that it can be frustrating to get bad performance when certain instances are crowded, but I don't think this is the answer. I do, however, think the automated system could do a better job starting new instances. And a better job placing people in alternate instances.

Customizable UI - This is something that people want in a lot of games, and I have to believe that it's trickier than we all think it is, because it always seems to be pretty hard for developers to implement. It it's not that hard, it seems like it would be a no-brainer, so it's lack of implementation suggests, at least to me, that it is kind of difficult. If that is the case, I have to admit that I'd rather they not spend a lot of time doing this, given that there are so many other, more important (at least to me) things they could be doing.

Arena Type Quest(s) - I certainly think this could be interesting, but by the same token, it could be really boring. One of the biggest things DDO has going for it is its quests. Unlike so many other MMOs out there where the quests are things like "Kill eleventy billion Rats" or "Deliver this bag of no-one-really-cares to whats-his-name" or "Go defeat that big-bad-thing," DDO has real quests, with actual stories. By the same token, this is one of its major drawbacks, because it means that each quest has to be carefully crafted. They can't just give us new "content" by throwing a few more generic easy-to-make quests into the mix. I think, rather than have any sort of arena type quests, that the answer here is really to continue to work more and more randomization into the quests that we already see. They could go a long way further with randomization in all different kinds of ways.

"Ethereal Play" - I'm not really sure I understand this one, but it seems like it's bordering on "a whole different game" territory, a la "extreme servers" or "Exactly like the D&D rules mode." Simply put, I don't think something like this can, or should, ever happen. The devs should focus on making the one game they're making the best game that it can be. Adding a mode of play, or special servers, that essentially change all the rules is far more trouble than its worth.

iamsamoth0
07-21-2007, 01:22 PM
An example of housing. I wanted to submit this idea before the concept for 'housing' is finalized.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z140/bcashton/ScreenShot00006.jpg

And the view from the window...

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z140/bcashton/ScreenShot00007.jpg

If housing could be an 'instanced' area. Similar to any other area, in the sense that if you want to bring party members into your 'home', simply be in a group.
The first home should be available after maybe getting rank 2 Coinlord favor. Cost maybe 100k gp. The door pictured then has a swirly on it, just like any other door.
You are allowed to purchase storage items, 'furniture'. Maybe from another house or specific ones from specific houses, after achieving some rank or other means. Ex. Armor locker (K), Collectible storage (P) and maybe a bow rack, Weapon rack (D), Accessory storage (J), etc...
Other PC's controlled by player do not have access to this area. You still have use the mailbox.
But, maybe an optional special item, Delivery box, which will allow you to mail, and receive from home.
Maybe a purchasable rest shrine.

iamsamoth0
07-21-2007, 03:09 PM
My thoughts, point by point:

More interactive Login Screen - I've often thought this would be pretty handy myself. I think there's some risk of encouraging people to log out if you give them options that are location specific in the game (i.e. Bank, AH, Trainers); that is, I'd hate to be in House D and want to train and feel as though it's faster to logout to the loading screen than it is to run to House J to train. So, I'm not sure I entirely like those three options you've presented. Character print outs aren't a bad idea. The other one I've always thought of before is the Who panel. There are times when I'm at the loading screen going "Who should I play today" and more often than not, that's going to partly depend on what kind of LFMs are up. The ability to view those before logging in can only save people time and frustration.

Disappearing NPCs/Other Players - I have to say I don't really like this idea. I understand that it can be frustrating to get bad performance when certain instances are crowded, but I don't think this is the answer. I do, however, think the automated system could do a better job starting new instances. And a better job placing people in alternate instances.

Customizable UI - This is something that people want in a lot of games, and I have to believe that it's trickier than we all think it is, because it always seems to be pretty hard for developers to implement. It it's not that hard, it seems like it would be a no-brainer, so it's lack of implementation suggests, at least to me, that it is kind of difficult. If that is the case, I have to admit that I'd rather they not spend a lot of time doing this, given that there are so many other, more important (at least to me) things they could be doing.

Arena Type Quest(s) - I certainly think this could be interesting, but by the same token, it could be really boring. One of the biggest things DDO has going for it is its quests. Unlike so many other MMOs out there where the quests are things like "Kill eleventy billion Rats" or "Deliver this bag of no-one-really-cares to whats-his-name" or "Go defeat that big-bad-thing," DDO has real quests, with actual stories. By the same token, this is one of its major drawbacks, because it means that each quest has to be carefully crafted. They can't just give us new "content" by throwing a few more generic easy-to-make quests into the mix. I think, rather than have any sort of arena type quests, that the answer here is really to continue to work more and more randomization into the quests that we already see. They could go a long way further with randomization in all different kinds of ways.

"Ethereal Play" - I'm not really sure I understand this one, but it seems like it's bordering on "a whole different game" territory, a la "extreme servers" or "Exactly like the D&D rules mode." Simply put, I don't think something like this can, or should, ever happen. The devs should focus on making the one game they're making the best game that it can be. Adding a mode of play, or special servers, that essentially change all the rules is far more trouble than its worth.

I see the point you make, you do not want to create an easy work-around that may be misused, my counter to this train of thought would be that in order to utilize the specific utility you would actually have to be present at said provider, or NPC. That is to say, if you want bank access offline then you need to be logged off with the bank window opened. AH access you must have logged out with the AH UI opened. Mail, etc...
The only work-around would be in the event of having housing, and having a portal through which these transactions could be completed. I mentioned above a 'Delivery Box', kind of like a stable portable hole with minor teleporting capabilities.
The character sheet thing is/would be great, I have trouble keeping up with all the gear scattered between 7 characters. I refuse to actually write-out all that gear.:p
Having access to the 'who' and grouping panel is a great idea as well!

Well, not so much just disappearing, just toggled off.
I just feel that if you know that you will not be interacting with the environment for awhile, PC's or NPC's for a period of time why not be able to toggle them off, I mean how many times do need to get hung up on some NPC who has no bearing on my task at hand. Like the guy at the bottom of the stairs in the market when you turn to run to the rusty nail, or the AH courtyard. As to performance it seems to me it would just make it run a little faster, and smoother if the extra stuff could be ignored.

On this one I tend to disagree, I feel that making the game more user friendly is not to much of a distraction. I don't think having one or two of the 'crew' making some adjustments to the users experience. To tailor to one's experience. It makes for a fuller game without drawing to much away from development. These one or two people don not have to spend thier entire time working specifically on UI options, but 1 or 2 dedicated people who address these options one by one.
Like possibly for example, having the appearance of toolbars, like the xp bar, have a toggle inside UI options, turn off the check mark, and you don't see a xp bar across the bottom, etc...

iamsamoth0
07-21-2007, 03:22 PM
I sux at the quoting thing I don't know how you guys do all the multi-quotes and stuff...

Shecky
07-21-2007, 05:57 PM
See the little page-looking icon to the right of the Quote button? Click that on each post you want to quote, and when you've clicked all the ones you want to quote, you then finally click the Quote button to come to the Reply screen, and each post is quoted in your Compose box.

iamsamoth0
07-23-2007, 12:23 PM
<chirp>

JayDubya
07-23-2007, 12:34 PM
I like the idea of hiding/reducing the toolbars. Extra bonus points if it starts small, and then grows larger when you mouse over it.

I think it is important to have the other players and NPCs in the world with you. People already claim the game isn't "Massive" enough - running through the eerily empty streets of Stormreach will really send a depressing message.

Bank and AH and mail should all be done in game, for the same reason. However, I would like to have the "you've got mail" icon show up on the Character Selector page for each of my characters that has mail.

iamsamoth0
07-23-2007, 12:47 PM

Feel free to come back to reply if I make more sense.
I hope I have fleshed it out plainly enough.

I was begining to think it was just me reading to late at night. :p

Truthfully Ima, there are things that you need go into deeper explanation on. A good example would be *1.) Bank and Inv., and the mail* please explain how you'd want this changed or at least what is wrong with it now.
Your other 1.) is utterly confusing.
*1.) A toggle on or near map, or however, for NPC's and/or other PC's.{This one I suggest for those times when you want solo play, and/or you know that you will not be shooting the breeze with Joe Stick-Stander, and the twenty people inbetween point A and B.And you want maximum preformance}
It could be reset as simply as changing instances of the Harbor or the Marketplace. You want PC's turned on toggle-reload enviroment. Just like changing instances now. Same goes for the NPC's. Of course these are not viable in instances where interaction is nessecery, in dungeons or maybe Three Barrel Cove, although it could be as simple as reloading the instance upon arrival to the designated spot where said individual would normally be(NPC's). And also this would preclude current party members.

I can't figure out how a new map has anything to do with "shooting the breeze with Joe Stick-Stander". I guess is what I'm saying is that you need to re-organize you thought on this (and the rest of your post) so that it is more consise and to-the-point because the point you tryed to make got lost in your explanation. Sounds like you have some interesting ideas so i hope you take the time to clear it up.

Again, I aim to try. But thank you for the feedback.

interesting ideas, Iam.

Thanks for the response. I don't think it would be creating a 'new' instance, just leave out some off the variables as it loads.

See the little page-looking icon to the right of the Quote button? Click that on each post you want to quote, and when you've clicked all the ones you want to quote, you then finally click the Quote button to come to the Reply screen, and each post is quoted in your Compose box.

I think I can, I think I can.:rolleyes:

Snike
07-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Paying a small cost to unlock 1750 on an other server = AOK!

Which I'm guessing is what people will do when the server moving ability comes.

iamsamoth0
07-23-2007, 12:52 PM
I like the idea of hiding/reducing the toolbars. Extra bonus points if it starts small, and then grows larger when you mouse over it.

I think it is important to have the other players and NPCs in the world with you. People already claim the game isn't "Massive" enough - running through the eerily empty streets of Stormreach will really send a depressing message.

Bank and AH and mail should all be done in game, for the same reason. However, I would like to have the "you've got mail" icon show up on the Character Selector page for each of my characters that has mail.

TY, for the response. I mean for the user it's empty. It's just a client side option.
That mail icon is a great idea actully, esp. if it were optional. Because the only real downside to it possibly would be spammers. GGgrrrrr.

*Actually so true, the resized(scalable) toolbars. I suppose it is a method of using some type of bit map profile, I mean who cares if the picture(tile) scales? I'm sure in photoshop theres some toolbar that mimics this function, just import the conceptual, or appropriate coding.
Kudoo's!

iamsamoth0
08-13-2007, 07:43 AM
I think it's time for a re-vamp of this little used, little known strip of land.

After, clearing the first time. It should be used for more, a re-spawn, of sorts. Maybe, it could have encounter locations, and more...

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z140/bcashton/KIsland.jpg

***EDIT***

It could be called, 'Return to Kobold Island'

While attempting to fulfill his obligation to YaarYar, Bigred'un(A red-named Runetusk Troll) grounded his transport on the outskirts of Stormreach, enroute to Irestone Inlet.
In his attempts to re-contact the infamous Pirate,(of course not knowing of his demise(if this PC has disposed of him)) has begun to entrench himself in this border area, an apparently un-watched piece of prime Stormreach real estate. And has decided that conquest here looks fruitful, even without his less-than-appealing, low brow comrade YaarYar.

In the 8 months, nigh a year. Bigred'un has amassed a large and growing force, kobolds, a few Trog's(which smell extremely distasteful), several ogres, one band of elite hobgoblins, and has recently made contact with another borderland group that reign over the Cerr. Hills). Orcs! A territorial leader there has also thown in with the upstart leader Bigred'un to finally end the rule by these pesky demi-humans, and thier compatriot human friends, over Eberron.

Side Optionals:
Berrigan Enge's daughter along with several other folks of the Stormreach community have been abducted. Resuce them.
Mad-hermit: Attempt to capture and return to Stormreach. A harbor-guards relative.
Find and return valuables raided from shipping vessels. 3 Separate stash's.
Destroy the fleet.
Recover an artifact for Silver Flame(This quest is granted by dude in the wavecrest).
Return with information to Harbor Master

Creatures:
Bigred'un(Red Named Runetusk troll) CR9?(B5/Ro2/P2)
Huffin Water (Bugbear Chief) CR7(F5/Ro2)
Lysnyal Hssss(Orange Named Trog Shaman) CR7(W4/C2/P1)
Bldyu Up(Orange Named Ogre Chief) CR7(Brb5/Bard2)
Arwwsin Yu(Red Named Orc Chief) CR6(Rng5/Ro2)
Splatgoes Squishy(Visiting Orange named Hobgoblin Emissary) CR7(Clr6/Brb1)
Liiiitt Uup(Orange Named Kobold Chief) CR5 (S4/Ro1)

Encounters:
48 Bugbears 2 Orange Named Bugbears (Ships Capt. and Firstmate)
40 Kobolds +5 (Two Chiefs, 2 Orange Named throwers, 1 Orange Named rogue)
18 Troglodytes 2 Chiefs
12 Ogres +2 Shaman
7 Hobgoblins (All rare encounters) 3 Archers(1 Orange Named) 2 Priests(Orange Named) 2 Bards
6 Orcs (Also rare encounters) 3 Shaman(1 Orange Named) 3 Barbarian

Explorer: (14)
Shipwreck
3 Caverns
2 Shrines(1 is inside a cavern)
1 Structure
2 Bays
2 Hilltop Lookout Posts
2 Main Encampments
1 Tree

iamsamoth0
08-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Making the map re sizable.
Incorporate more layers of zoom.

Symar-FangofLloth
08-13-2007, 10:03 AM
I think it's time for a re-vamp of this little used, little known strip of land.

After, clearing the first time. It should be used for more, a re-spawn, of sorts. Maybe, it could have encounter locations, and more...

Haha, new landscape tech on Kobold Island?
I can see it now:
Slayer: 0/10 (max)
Explorer: 0/1
Rare Encounters: 0/1

:p

iamsamoth0
08-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Haha, new landscape tech on Kobold Island?
I can see it now:
Slayer: 0/10 (max)
Explorer: 0/1
Rare Encounters: 0/1

:p

Quite right.

I had envisioned something a slight more in depth. The creation of instances.
Or a good spot for PC development. I would build a house out there. And/or develop vendors, tavern's, etc.

Or this could be the first attempt at scaling the environment. Say a 10th level goes there, it could be scaled for higher mobs, via the 'Danger Area', 'Training Ground' that has been suggested in the past.

iamsamoth0
08-13-2007, 11:19 AM
To further illustrate the opening page interface.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z140/bcashton/Interface-1.jpg

iamsamoth0
08-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Can the programmers make the haze effect less prominent and a little less bright(on my screen, it disorients me which is counterintuitive), maybe. If I am the caster or team member of such.
I still want to know that it is there, but, the effect is a bit overwhelming.

Charmazal
08-13-2007, 12:37 PM

yeah I don't get it either, i think it's code for ordering a three egg omlette with shredded chedder.

iamsamoth0
08-13-2007, 12:42 PM
yeah I don't get it either, i think it's code for ordering a three egg omlette with shredded chedder.

I wish it was easier for people to understand. So, I could avoid these remarks.
I don't know if I can explain much clearer.
Can you tell me what is unclear?

iamsamoth0
08-31-2007, 08:14 PM
Better Music. Longer tracks.
Steal from the greats, rent the symphony. Enslave the local high school band(orchestra), what ever it takes. I would love for you guys to have more imersive(sp?) sound. Sometimes that is one of the most engrossing parts of a game. I'd love to hear composed pieces.

Dariuss
08-31-2007, 09:06 PM

sorry, way off-topic ot the OP - I just wanted to say thank you for that little nugget of wisdom. I've been manually doing all my multy-quotes manually for like a year and a half!

iamsamoth0
08-31-2007, 09:11 PM
sorry, way off-topic ot the OP - I just wanted to say thank you for that little nugget of wisdom. I've been manually doing all my multy-quotes manually for like a year and a half!

dag nab it!!:)
Here I was all giddy wondering if it would be some mean spirited response, or a pat on the back for some half decent idea.

And all I get is this. Get back in Cuppy's thread, and stop crushing my hopes!!:rolleyes:

iamsamoth0
09-10-2007, 09:33 AM

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z140/bcashton/KIsland.jpg

***EDIT***

It could be called, 'Return to Kobold Island'

While attempting to fulfill his obligation to YaarYar, Bigred'un(A red-named Runetusk Troll) grounded his transport on the outskirts of Stormreach, enroute to Irestone Inlet.
In his attempts to re-contact the infamous Pirate,(of course not knowing of his demise(if this PC has disposed of him)) has begun to entrench himself in this border area, an apparently un-watched piece of prime Stormreach real estate. And has decided that conquest here looks fruitful, even without his less-than-appealing, low brow comrade YaarYar.

In the 8 months, nigh a year. Bigred'un has amassed a large and growing force, kobolds, a few Trog's(which smell extremely distasteful), several ogres, one band of elite hobgoblins, and has recently made contact with another borderland group that reign over the Cerr. Hills). Orcs! A territorial leader there has also thown in with the upstart leader Bigred'un to finally end the rule by these pesky demi-humans, and thier compatriot human friends, over Eberron.

Side Optionals:
Berrigan Enge's daughter along with several other folks of the Stormreach community have been abducted. Resuce them.
Mad-hermit Attempt to capture and return to Stormreach. A harbor-gaurds relative.
Find and return valuables raided from shipping vessels. 3 Seperate stash's.
Destroy the fleet.
Recover an artifact for Silver Flame(This quest is granted by dude in the wavecrest).

Creatures:
Bigred'un(Red Named Runetusk troll) CR9?(B5/Ro2/P2)
Huffin Water (Bugbear Chief) CR7(F5/Ro2)
Lysnyal Hssss(Orange Named Trog Shaman) CR7(W4/C2/P1)
Bldyu Up(Orange Named Ogre Chief) CR7(Brb5/Bard2)
Arwwsin Yu(Red Named Orc Chief) CR6(Rng5/Ro2)
Splatgoes Squishy(Visiting Orange named Hobgoblin Emissary) CR7(Clr6/Brb1)
Liiiitt Uup(Orange Named Kobold Chief) CR5 (S4/Ro1)

Encounters:
48 Bugbears 2 Orange Named Bugbears (Ships Capt. and Firstmate)
40 Kobolds +5 (Two Chiefs, 2 Orange Named throwers, 1 Orange Named rogue)
18 Troglodytes 2 Chiefs
12 Ogres +2 Shamen
7 Hobgoblins (All rare encounters) 3 Archers(1 Orange Named) 2 Priests(Orange Named) 2 Bards
6 Orcs (Also rare encounters) 3 Shamen(1 Orange Named) 3 Barbarian

Re-posting the edit for clarity.
In addition this would an area for a full party lvl 7-10

Snike
09-10-2007, 09:39 AM
I am afraid to run your campaigns. I see myself spacing out and saying "oh you want me to roll now?" a lot.

iamsamoth0
09-10-2007, 09:49 AM
My assertion is that the cooldown times are to generalized for clicky's. Too much across the board. Different items and effects should have characteristic times. 5 seconds for me seems a little to broad. I think it needs to be rebalanced.

For example, the resistance items, mage armor, and the stat buffers, I can agree with. Five seconds is not to long for those to recharge. But, something like Protection from Evil does not need to take that long, half the cooldown would be still be fair, and not ruin the spell in terms of casting times. Others that I feel could be allowed to cool in 2.5 sec's are Divine touch?, FF, Shield.

5 seconds good(ok):
Ele. resists
Mage armor
Stat buffers
Exp. retreat
Hypnotism
Jump
Command Undead

5 seconds not good:
Protection from Evil
Bless
Divine hand-thingy
Feather Fall
Shield
Magic missile (at least to 3-4 sec.)
Bane could be a touch faster(4 sec?)
Burning Hands(4sec)

Can you do fractions of seconds?

Another point to address, would be the possibility that there could be clicky's with higher caster levels, than just the bare min. required to cast the spell.

iamsamoth0
09-10-2007, 09:51 AM
I am afraid to run your campaigns. I see myself spacing out and saying "oh you want me to roll now?" a lot.

You can roll now. But not then, nor soon.

iamsamoth0
09-10-2007, 03:55 PM
All the spells my Wizard has inscribed.

iamsamoth0
10-02-2007, 05:53 PM
I would be happy to advocate for more than 10 hotbars.
I think that 12 would be a good place to start.
Anyone?

EDIT: WISH GRANTED! Now make them re-size(scale-able), please.
TY!

iamsamoth0
10-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Inspired Trepidation:
Acts as a bane spell, could be applied as a circumstance penalty. So that it would stack with bane and/or other spells.
Something akin to a poor man's curse.
An AoE similar to fascinate.
4 min. timer?

Intricate Fascination.
It grants a +1/per 4 levels of Bard (+5 max) 10 min/level UMD that stacks.

<Chirp?>

iamsamoth0
10-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Blessed Soul.
Either given as a Silver Flame reward, or some other Faction. Or as a trinket.
This ability allows you more time away from your soulstone, for all those times 1 more second(or 3 more steps) would get you to the rez shrine.
I suggest maybe 5 more seconds, or up to double the current limit.

Ideas, anyone?

iamsamoth0
12-10-2007, 11:31 AM
shield block with the Eternal Titan Wand, is this a problem? Was it not coded with the option, although I can switch to it in a shield blocked mode, but I cannot regain the position when I have it readied. I think this is a bug.

iamsamoth0
01-10-2008, 06:19 PM
It should be updated.
It seems to me this is an undervalued underused skill(feat?) it is SO useful. Comparatively seems weaker to other skills to me. And, it seems there are very few ways to augment and strengthen it.

iamsamoth0
02-27-2008, 10:37 AM
I would like to see an option to allow the user to not load models at the character selection screen.

Also that the up and down arrows be enabled inside the window. And the enter key.

iamsamoth0
04-12-2008, 08:17 AM
BarrelBane CrateSlayers
Shamrocks
Chunkss : Frothe :
Aaliciaa

iamsamoth0
05-31-2008, 12:53 PM
I still want to change up my skin in game. Just hoping there will be some more authentic support.
Curious if anyone has heard word of any?

iamsamoth0
05-31-2008, 01:01 PM
It's way to bright(on my screen) it interferes with gameplay. I love the spell just hate the effect on my screen when I close to engage a target, I actually love the effect from afar though, it looks amazing truthfully.

iamsamoth0
05-11-2010, 12:21 AM
caltrops(maybe that cause hamstring) and a dungeon (entrance, also)that is exposed and submerged in a tidal rhythm (preferably in the harbor for starters).

Keeper told me they cannot render tides within the constraints of the game engine. Ah well...

iamsamoth0
05-11-2010, 01:40 AM
Either at character selection and some other places that signifies and denote a 32 pt build.

This has been somewhat addressed as far as I understand it.
But I would still like some indicator on the selection screen. Because I cannot remember if Hauler was my first 32, or if it was Haggyler(SP?):D

iamsamoth0
06-08-2010, 01:48 PM
I am currently attempting to conceive some good suggestions for modifying the structure of enhancements available.
I fear with this change/addition of Guild and leveling(which I eagerly anticipate), I would have little if any hope of ever accomplishing the upper echelon sophisticated embellishments. Even with some help from intermittent players. Within a 'reasonable?' time frame. It very well could years(2-3) to get to GL25(600,000+ Guild Points, roughly?). Even then the add-on's all decay or have to be maintained.

One possible resolution for this could be favor locked or influenced rewards.
~That is to say that certain rewards can be influenced by accomplished or potential favor rewards. I.E. You have tier 3 Silver Flame already, that entitles you to maybe a cheaper or longer lasting guild hireling(Spirit Binder).
~Or a skiff :) Open at GL10
~Have a tavern heal without the tavern keep. (A lesser presence)
~A 'Slight' Alter of change(Etc.) that maybe only transmutes the Ham, and condense the shards.
~Access to all job 'billboards' in current area. Unless I guess, they are still covered by fog.
~Some sort of medical lift. :) in wilderness areas. A limited teleportation(Could be one time use, or possibly clicky style). Anyone ever play Total Annihilation: Kingdoms, remember the Gnomes Aerial Juggernaut? :P

781,250=GL25
at rate of 50
15,625 Trophies
Roughly 3-4 day....
Heh 10.9726 years to achieve GL25

Critical points:
Can renown be farmed by cycling people out willing or not at lower levels?
Can wilderness transportation be opened simply by running there once?
Do you think the guild announcements will be excessively prevalent? This one seems stupid buts begs the question~ Will they(guilds) also make announcements when the renown declines through a threshold?
What are the implications of recruiting a capped character into a lowbie guild?

iamsamoth0
06-09-2010, 12:22 AM
One thing I have realized, and may sound silly to some.
Is there is no way to null a gear slot, that is to say you can't empty a slot using the hotbar. Which may seem counter intuitive but it would be in order to protect my gear from unnecessary wear and tear at low(any) level to avoid excessive repair fees.

I wish they would allow the dragging of the 'empty' slot into the hotbar.

iamsamoth0
06-09-2010, 01:08 AM
I never knew this but at least now when I send money it automatically converts it into the higher currencies. What reason is there for this?
I'd like to see the monies I mailed reach the recipient intact. I have for some unknown reason begun to not want the lower currencies to be drawn to zero when repairing or buying items. Why does it not take the appropriate values if they can be had? If it wants 2pp, 4gp, and 7 sp, and I actually have those denominations on hand, why not simply take that exactly?
I can't explain why I think it's a good idea to hold onto it, but I also can't think of a reason why I can't keep my coppers if I wanna...;)

iamsamoth0
06-12-2010, 02:15 AM
Note, this list assumes that decay will be set at 25+.

Renown in Gold as per and courtesy of ~DDOWikki (http://ddowiki.com/page/Guild_Renown)~

Lvl 1: Guild Chat : Guild Character Compilation : Guild Ready 'Room' Posting ^8 : Jukebox^ that lets us play any DDO song. : A disco ball spell switch^(inlaid decal cool-down timer{3min.}) that makes all the henchpeople dance : A desk at which a wizard could see all spells inscribed in spellbook : Spell Prep Area(like inside a tavern) : Auto-Raid area where the default is 12 man party inside ship : Ability to 'opt-out' of Guild Announcements that spam the world^1 : Ability to toggle Guild Level with Guild Rank : Tavern Quality Log out times : A Ship Lamp which you can adjust the the interior lighting(aka portholes?) : Death Damage(Item wear) exempt Area : Mooring available in Market District with 150 Coin Lord Favor : Individual(s)Guild Storage{IGS}*~ Coins(limit 50k(gp)/lvl) : Desk allows player(PC's) to view personal tally and record of Deeds, Tales, etc. : Email*9 : Coin Plinko*10 : Guild Register : Guild Leader/Officers can 'host' up to eleven visitors :
{400}
Lvl 2: Town Quality Regen : Highly Rendered Integrated Zoomable(HRIZ) Map of Stormreach (Interactive)^2 : Mirror Sheet ^3 : Temporal Instance^4 : Coat of Arms. Maybe just a simple decal on the tail fin(s) for now(use the MyDDO avatar) : Able to see Area/Zone wide 'employment billboards' : The ability to open in a dialog window similar to vending, all of the characters belongings no matter where they are and interact with said list.*3 :
{1350}
Lvl 3: Consumption of Food&Drink allowed : Ability to open and view the action point dialog window{book} : Transit Charter^5(100000gp)~ Allows Mooring in any House with at least Tier II favor :
{3200}
Lvl 4: IGS*~ Collectible Storage(1page) : Pastry Cupboard^10 : Tavern Presence^9~ Communal Warmth..!;) that could be the tile tip :
{6250}
Lvl 5: IGS*~ Gems&Jewelry(1page) : Lvl. 1-3 Reagent Vendor**(any) : Ability to (view)open&annotate (current)character's maps{Mapbook} : Guild Mail(No Charge?) : Compass Trinket(FF 2/day +3 Swim, Prevents Tumbling less than 0, Bound to character, Exclusive) that you could pass out to newcomers...worth 1cp) : Lvl. 1-2 Inscription Materials :
{10800}
Lvl 6: IGS*~ Food Stuffs(1page) : Lvl. 1-2 Scroll Vendor** : Tavern Gamblebot (like at leaky dinghy) : Attire Closet*4 :
{17150}
Lvl 7: IGS*~ Potions(1page) : Ability to open the level advancement dialog window : Silver Flame Presence that will cure ailments(At cost) :
{25600}
Lvl 8: IGS*~ Inscription&Component&Tools&Kits(1page) : Lvl. 4-6 Reagent Vendor** : Lvl. 3-4 Inscription Materials :
{36450}
Lvl 9: Lvl. 1-3 Potion Vendor** : Guild Affirmation I^6 : Lesser Warp Time : Hireling Vendor**(Melee) Lvl.1-3 :
{50000}
Lvl 10: IGS*~ Ammo(1page) : Skiff!!(Not sure what it means but it sounds good) : Lvl. 7-8 Reagent Vendor** : Lvl. 5-7 Inscription Materials : Food vendor that sells food worth 1pp or less : Tiny Guild Augments : Lvl. 3-4 Scroll vendor** : Ranks beyond Member, Officer, Leader :
{66550}
Lvl 11: IGS*~ Scrolls&Ingredients(1page) : Effect similar to bracelet of friends(Recipients must recall if in dungeon) : Blacksmith*** (Sound repairs at a reasonable premium{He's on an airship with a box of burning rocks}) : Lvl. 1-2 Wand Vendor** :
{86400}
Lvl 12: General Vendor*6 : Hireling Vendor**(Melee) Lvl. 4-6 : Hireling Vendor**(Clr,Wiz,Sor,Brd) Lvl. 1-3 : Lvl. 4-6 Potion Vendor ** :
{109850}
Lvl 13: Tavern Rest : Guild Broker(Equip-able items worth 20,001 to 72,001gp, selling only) : Lvl. 3-4 Wand Vendor** : Lvl. 9 Reagent Vendor** : Lvl. 5-6 Scroll Vendor** : Lvl. 8-9 Inscription Materials : Guild Affirmation II^6 : Skill Buff :
{137200}
Lvl 14: Lvl. 7-8 Potion Vendor** : Hireling Vendor**(Clr,Wiz,Sor,Brd) Lvl. 4-6 : Resist Idol (2pt[all])/10min.~ or 4(on one type)/6min.(nonstacking)~{3/day(24hr.day)} :
{168750}
Lvl 15: Wall Inlaid Rest Decal : Guild PvP pit : Access To P Tier I Reward(s) : Hireling Vendor**(Melee) Lvl. 6-8 : Lvl. 7-8 Scroll Vendor** : Quiver Locker*8 :
{204800}
Lvl 16: Tavern Presence(3hp/12sp) III^9 : Hireling Vendor**(Melee) Lvl. 9 : Lvl. 5-6 Wand Vendor** : Call to Arms Whistle*9 :
{245650}
Lvl 17: IGS*~ Wands(1page) : Hireling Vendor**(Clr,Wiz,Sor,Brd) Lvl. 7-8 : Lvl. 9 Potion Vendor** : Pirates Cove Available*5 :
{291600}
Lvl 18: IGS*~ Eldritch Materials&Tomes(1page) : Lvl. 7-8 Wand Vendor** : Quiver Locker*8 : Guild T(6)vT(6) pit(Visitors Allowed) :
{342950}
Lvl 19: Stone of Transmutation(Hams, shards, crystals) : Lvl. 9 Scroll Vendor** : Hireling Vendor**(Clr,Wiz,Sor,Brd) Lvl. 9 : Collectible Kiosk*1 :
{400000}
Lvl 20: A visable cloak or article guild-themed : Food Vendor that sells 1pp+ food and acts as normal bartender(Buy/Sell/Decent Repairs) : Lvl. 9 Wand Vendor** : Spirit Binder if Tier III w/ SF***** : Ability to bestow titles to Guildmates :
{463050}
Lvl 21: Minor Resist 3all/5one [same duration(s) as above] : Portal Closet*2 :
{532400}
Lvl 22: An alcove that creates a Figurine of Wondrous Power[I]****[/I(1/day)] single use bound to character, exclusive (min.Lvl 3)(The hellhound, I <3 him) :
{608350}
Lvl 23: Stone of Chance(0 Durability/20%Chance fully restored or lost forever) : Wand Vendor**Lvl. 9 : Quiver Locker*8 :
{691200}
Lvl 24: Guild Auctioneer : Guild Affirmation III^6 : +1 Skills :
{781250}
Lvl 25: Ship is named(and displayed) : Beacon granted to members(2/day{24hr}) : Guild Pawn Broker(72kgp and up)Will maintain items : Ability to tailor make {Hirelings}NPC(s)^7 :

Lvl 25+: For the competitors a trophy room with a case, that will fill up with the already rewarded trophies, deeds, and completions, etc. with a date name and time(top 5), for all to see.
~Guild Storage(s)
~Mooring becomes available in wilderness areas.
~Ability to invite in opposing guild members into PvP pit for GvG mayhem. Two twelve man raid teams. Optional No regen pits.
~Bank Liaison
~Public Auctioneer
~Stat Idols
~Resist Idols
~Buffbots
~Guild Affirmation IV+
~Tavern Heal Crit Chance
~Tavern Aura Auto-Heals Ailments
~Small Guild Augments
~Access Feat Re-Spec
~Rez Shrine Decal?
~Higher house favor tiers III+(150&400) and TF(1000&2500)
~An explorer area exclusive to ship owners

~Dialog windows showing advancement, feats, AP could be represented by book-bindings on a shelf.

Mailbox
Access To J Tier Reward(s) : Access To D Tier Reward(s) : Access To K Tier Reward(s) : Access To SF Tier Reward(s) : Access To CL Tier Reward(s) : Access To FA Tier Reward(s) :

*Looking at the list above, I would not initially be off-put if all the renown numbers had an additional 1 in front of them.

?Guilds achieving higher ranks than 25 could choose to be themed into 'Families', or choose types skills to specialize in.
Combat House
Mechanic House
Arcane House
Either blunting the pile-on of high level buffs, or allowing players to actually maximize the skills they prefer.
Making certain categories of buffs available with augmented progression.

iamsamoth0
06-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Explanations for previous threads enumerations.

* IGS(Individual Guild Storage) is earned by accomplishing Patron favor. Different tiers of favor for various Patrons will grant access to the extra storage.

Tier I: 75 Coin Lord Favor
Tier II: 75 Free Agent Favor
Tier III: House K 75 Favor
Tier IV: House J 75 Favor
Tier V: House P 75 Favor
Tier VI: Silver Flame 75 Favor
Tier VII: House D 75 Favor
Tier VIII: The Twelve 75 Favor
Tier IX: Agents 75 Favor
Tier X: Yugoloth 75 Favor
Tier XI: 1000 Total Favor

** This series of vendors only sell(unreduced prices{No repairs or selling of items, haggle will work}).
*** The blacksmith only repairs, no buy no sell(haggle).
**** Alcove will only be available to Guild Leaders that have attained 1750 Total favor. This 'feature' can be used as a multi-purpose tool. Simply a bowl in an alcove. Users pay for Silver Flame Benefits, withdraw inscription materials, spell components, guild token items are distributed.
***** If Guild Leader has 400+ favor w/ Silver Flame the Binder, will also cast heal(at cost). And offer the permanent buff of Blessed Soul. http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1391275&postcount=41

^ Or allow player to bring in one of the band groups that appear in taverns in Stormreach to 'play' the DDO Tunes. In addition to 1d6 spell effects with random durations, and frequency. Including Soundburst, Slow Fog, Obscuring Mist, Glitterdust, Hypno Pattern, Water Breathing, etc.
^1 Or instead allow player to buy mega-phones so they can yell to everyone, 'We gots a GL85! ye-yeah'.
^2 This would be either wall or tabletop, showing all the houses and their connected Explorer Area(That are known to user?), in an insert(unless it(The entire map) can have zooming capabilities). The Map itself would be a continental map(splash screen size). Global(X'endric?) essentially with several layers of zoom, with the first layer on a hex grid. When you mouse over dots(Chalices or Dungeon Entrances, etc.) it shows similar to MyDDO tooltip, but with PC's quest info{Highest difficulty completed, if it is active or not started, etc. And how much XP was gained, which optionals, time, amount of renown, etc.} in a fairly descriptive manner. Maybe it would compare against Guild Avg's, etc.
^3 Mirror when clicked shows an old style D & D character sheet, or maybe just takes you to DDO, with an updated current profile. With the option to Print it out. And the fact it is in fact, a good mirror.
^4 Minor Plane Shift, creating an instance within the ship where all spells are active, able to summon pets and/ or hirelings etc. to test new gear, or swap gear configurations. Eventually becomes the PvP Pit supporting parties(teams) with breakables about. Possibly requiring Tier II Favor of the Free Agents. The room{Instance} has one prone target, a lone broccoli spear subbing in for the bacon. It can be tab targeted. It takes no real damage, but is scaled as per 'Dungeon Scaling' parameters. Full combat dialog, examine will reveal hp, ac, saves, fort rating, etc.
^5 This is a Tier I Total Favor reward. The transit charter must be renewed if it is to include previously un-included areas(Possible Haggle event).
^6 Guild Affirmation's are based on individual PC statistics(Favor): Possibly concurrent.

Tier I: Treaded Path(Warp Time) 5% Striding Public. Requires 75 Silver Flame Favor
Tier II: Insightful Precept: +3 Non-Stacking Spot, UMD, Jump, & Tumble Public {5min. Instance}. Requires 400 Total Favor.
Tier III: Blessing of Spirit: +1 All Skills Stacking Public {5min. instance}. Requires 75 Twelve Favor.
Tier IV: Guild Token{Exclusive, Bound CH, Equips to hand, 1cp}~1/day{24hr} Divine Healing(cast as min. lvl.3, min. wis) Possibly single use, or could be an Upgrade to the Guild Rainments which would be perm{1/rest}.
Tier V:

^7 Allows player to dictate what race, class, level, particular feats, and spells. In addition to arming them.
^8 Combined who listing showing all available toons opted in to 'ready pool' associated with an individual.
^9 Tavern Presence Tiers:

Tier I: Grants tavern heal and a non residual +1 skills inside ship.
Tier II: Camouflage(10min. Public, Instance). Upon exiting.
Tier III: Improved Tavern Regeneration 3hp/12sp does not stack.
Tier IV: Presence overwhelmingly suppresses minor debuffs, removing them(Bane, Curse, Blindness, etc).
Tier V:

^10 For all those times Turbine Nerfs and gives us cakes...! ;)(1page)I still have all but one of my birthday cake slices. In addition upon Tier II Tavern Presence, it will repair any cake, pastry, damaged edible, consumables if left inside for 24hr.
*1 Collectible Kiosk will astrally project player to the vendor of an examined collectible. With a death pop-up specified for projection. Player cannot move. Only transact collectibles.
*2 Closet Portal will work as one way link to Stormreach Teleporters already established.
*3 A tab that resembles the sell(Inv) tab. And with an additional `Worn` Tab(like repair only re-categorized). Allow spawning of new tabs with a drop down dialog(Potions, Rings, Helms). Maybe use the AH dialog window.
*4 Ability to interchange item(s) appearance, individually, with equivalent Guild Version. And create Guild Rainment (Simple outfit, theme of GL's choice {Exclusive, Bound AC, 1cp})
*5 Dry-dock berth(Free Transit~Not included on Transit Charters, Unlockable Quasi-Favor.) is available in addition to Standard Mooring in Three Barrel Cove. The alternate mooring would be in/at the quasi-town in the bay. Dry-docking would simply put the ship in the same instance, as a door or walk up.
Complete all wilderness areas, rares, and associated quests, have 750 total favor. Earn the title {Champion}Baron? That's guild renown.
*6 Sell >20,001gp(No Haggle?)
*7 Eldritch~Mail allows player to see, & 'open' mail without interacting(Removes the heads up icon on the examine window). Accessed by 'pint sized' mail box on desk. Even plays the music if you are close enough.
*8 Each consecutive level of locker grants space for one additional quiver(max.4?).
*9 Whistle will call to arms the 'creator' of the whistle {Single Use, Exclusive, BA}. A pop-up will appear stating, 'An ally requests your help! Will you heed the Call to Arms?'. Minor Gate/1 use token. Be careful who you give these too.
*10 Drop coin-op'd bacon bits to tiny Plinko Velah, for her to puff fire(Which is a comparatively huge burning hands spell). Turn your cp into a gp! Save verse tickle damage 1/tick for 10 sec. :D
*11 Character Compilation while similar to the Quest Log in appearance it functions mainly to inform players about secondary player characters in the same guild.
The three tabs would be titled; Register, Valuables, Biographical.
~The Register would list show the number of Deeds, Tales, Lg & Sm Trophies, etc.
~Valuables would show Net worth, , and would even allow the 'inspection' of belongings possibly in MyDDO-ish manner. Being able to flip through inventory pages, etc.
~[Detailed though..]Abbreviated Character Sheet Showing Stats, Feats, AP, Spells Mem'd?, etc.

And to save people from losing the things they have in the Guild Ships, have a 'Lost and Found' at the Showroom. That duplicates the best ship to 'catch' all the gear. Allow the player to withdraw it from a universal mailbox that works for everyone. ~Repercussions Unknown.

iamsamoth0
06-15-2010, 06:23 AM
Extraneous details such as being involved with the characters(NPC) within the airship. By doing them favors that could yield content and rewards.
~As opposed to the layout currently is it possible for the vendors to be a part of the airship?
~Possibly an opportunity to incorporate spellbooks and/or writing scrolls, spell research.
~Also an opportunity to benefit from internally acquired renown. For those individual who contribute to the guild, extra pages of Individual Guild Storage. Grant titles such as Herald, or gives a effect similar to philarns pendant(warp time).
~An opportunity to inter-weave the gaining of favor through-out Stormreach. For getting House P tier IV you get buffbot in airship. Or any method.
~A small suite of add-on's to personalize the airships exterior. Standard, Finesse, or War(And a special sub choice; Founder). Standard is as is, Finesse would focus on lines and symmetry, war would have rams, shutters, railing for obstructing marauders(Maybe even a non-functioning trebuchet).
~Three separate interior schemes. Palor, General, Quarters. Each could have slightly differing layouts.
~Possibly bringing in the concept of attraction of followers. Ships could have a number of slots dedicated to stewards, or logistical 'hook-points'. As a base the Sparrow would have 3 steward/logistical spots(5,and 6 respectively). To serve the function of a vendor, etc.
~Renown could also be awarded for helping new members in some fashion(and/or being rewarded by them. 0 deaths,not power-leveling. bonus for taking higher level through harder content?)
~Renown could be granted by other players somehow that avoids abuse.

~Some interaction with Compendium and Quests information. Hybrid interaction between these two sources of info. Maybe spelling out in color the histories of Eberron. Such as those provided in the forums that have been compelling and informative.

Such as~

There's actually already a plotline in ddo that includes a dracolich, we just haven't gotten to that point in the storyline yet.

The plotline I am refering to is the Waterworks>Shan To Kor>Tempest Spine>Vault of Night>Gianthold>Reaver's Refuge

There is evidence that The Truthful One, is behind Sorjek's actions in the Reaver's Refuge. The Truthful One, along with the Ancient Stormreaver, closed off Dal Qour, in doing so, both of their lives were sacrificed. However The Truthful One betrayed the stormreaver at the last moment, using the magics they cast to shut off Dal Quor and destroy the 13th moon of Eberron to become a Dracolich.

In the Reaver's Refuge storyline, The Truthful One made Sorjek into a Lich, and had him gather the six dragon warriors in Stealer of Souls to create an Undead Draconic Army. However Sorjek failed.

What The Truthful One has been up to since is unknown.

There are two major storylines in DDO, the first I mentioned, and the other is the LoTD>Vale>Subterrain>Amarath. Yes, you read that right, the Devils invading Stormreach was the result of the Abbot. At this time I am still unsure of where Demon Sands and The Titan fit, though, the Titan and Inspired Quarter/Dreaming Dark do relate to the Stormreaver/Truthful One Storyline, I cannot figure out where they fit exactly, as while they relate, the events are not as a result of. But then, the storyline isn't a straight line anyway, its more of a web of events leading to each other.

The Truthful One could not have turned Sorjek into a lich if not for us killing him in Tempest Spine, the dragons would not have arrived in stormreach, if not for us killing Velah, the stormreaver would not be in the reaver's refuge if not for us destorying his doomsday device. Additionally, Velah tells us "A terrible Doom is written in Kundarak's Shards", because Velah had already seen what was going to happen to stormreach in the Draconic Prophecy. Yes, Velah knew what would happen to us, and she tried to warn us, but as she said "foolish mortals do you think I sold my freedom for mere greed?" we would not listen to her warnings.

The Truthful One is coming...it's only a matter of time.
(Which the gist of, should be bound into a book titled, 'From the Sewers to the Refuge, the Story of Private Jake'.)~
and here...

no Offense, But It Was Pretty Lackluster.

Think. Remember The Setting You've Licensed.

This Is Eberron. A Planet With 13-1 Moons That's Recently Concluded A 100 Year War That Saw An Entire Sector Of A Continent Sacked In The Ascension Of A New Race Of Warrior Androids.

A Planet In Which An entire Continent Is Controlled By Dragons. Whose Constant Manipulations And Schemings Weave The Fates Of Entire Regions.

A Planet Whose Magic Is Influenced By The Orbits Of Its Moons Aka Planes, In Which Unspeakable Horrors And Blasphemy Routinely Pours Out To Sack And Conquer, Destroy And Desecrate.

Of Sufficiently Advanced Magic To Resemble Technology, Instead Of The Other Way Around.

In Which The Only Thing Standing Between Tense Peace And Complete Domination By Vile Dreameaters, Insane Aberrations, Giant Lich Overlords, Or Ruthless Tyrannical Devils (not To Mention The Zombie Pirates), Is You And Your Skill. Your Wits. Your Sword. And The Comrades Who Choose To Stand Beside You.

Dude. It Was A Typical Internet Advertisement. Make This Thing Grab Me More. Emphasis The Free Part. Emphasis The High Adventure Part. The Fact That You've Won So Many Awards For The Awesome Gameplay Is Something They Can Find Out Once They Get To The Website. First, Get Their Attention With The Fact That This Is Eberron.

Its Got Action. It Needs A Hero. You!

~theholydarkness Out~
This passage should be quoted in the prologue to the Eberron Codex.

after reading that again I want a global map, maybe semi celestial. A globe that projects images of the placement of the moons. In slow orbit.

iamsamoth0
06-16-2010, 09:22 PM
~Instead of designing another UI for bank containers, if it were possible to make the 'pages' 5x4 block pages into single layers, or half or two-thirds horizontally? Creating an interface for standard, large, medium, and small containers. Drawers or cabinets, or a chest different from loot chests. Or crates and barrels. To accommodate something like a collectible container. Or a drawer with 5 horizontal slots, and the Quiver Locker would have 4 vertical slots for inventory as an example. It would open various avenues for game immersion. Maybe.
~A mechanism similar to locks in PC inventory that applies to shared chests with rank restrictions.
~If not airships then guild boats(parked in the harbor, transit, etc), or guild (Halls)housing, if not that then player housing.
Guilds should also be rewarded, awarded Guest Passes. Or earn a 'kitty' for purchasing them.
~Another series of Guild Airships. One idea would be a series that does not, or gains fewer 'slots' trading off for Passenger Capacity. Some guild that have many members may not actually have the cash for the bigger ship, but evidently need the space regardless.
~Also an opportunity to grant internal renown. For those individual who contribute to the guild, extra pages of Individual Guild Storage. Grant titles such as Herald, or gives a effect similar to philarns pendant(warp time).
~Allow guilds to own more than one ship, with a prefix of {Champion}Commodore for the Guild-leader. If a guild spends all they have on the Sparrow a second one would make more sense than buying the Falcon.
~Introduction of a new UI skin call it Guild Themed. Something that has been vetted and authorized. Finally.
~Some way to distinguish new/low level players guild mates, so as to allow small focused skill buffs. Long lasting +5 haggle, etc could be really helpful to a newer player. Only for members, and NOT for officers. Some mechanism that would have influence, an incentive to join.
~The Guild PvP pit could have breakables, but what would be unique is the ability to stock a chest(10items?) that would drop in the course of a fight. Not breakable by home team. Either one side puts up, or both. Could get complicated though.

iamsamoth0
06-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Know Alignment
Identify
Chromatic Orb
Improved Invisibility
Silence 15'
Passwall
Wizard Eye
Lightning Bolt
Detect Magic
Remove Curse

iamsamoth0
06-23-2010, 02:44 AM
Need a revamp. Underground explorers, etc.

iamsamoth0
06-23-2010, 02:48 AM
As per DMG.

iamsamoth0
06-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Need some love.

Raodin-bel-iori
07-18-2010, 11:19 PM
The thing I'd like to see the most in one of the next updates is adding grapple attacks. Making a grapple, with skill or strength checks to maintain it, escape one, and attack during one. Grappled mobs or characters would be held in place and unable to cast or attack unless a strength or concentration check were made. If the strength check were made the creature would gain control of the grapple and have the option of breaking it, attacking, ect. Spells that are verbal only could still be cast. Attacks would be at a slower rate than out of grapple, much like attacking while sneaking, since a full attack action can’t be taken in a grapple. Size bonuses would still apply so that foolish monks can't grapple well with giants or get swallowed by dragons when they try. The escape artist skill would be brought back into play for escaping from monsters who can grapple players, and it would allow for new monsters who are good at that such as assassin vines and tentacle beasts. It would also open up the way for new feats and enhancements for grappling such as ending a grapple with a throw that causes damage and leaves them prone.

I'd love to be able to grab a little wizard so that he can't cast sleet storm on my party and knock his block off or even grab a minotaur shaman and take a few hits to keep him from fire balling the party.

iamsamoth0
07-20-2010, 02:25 PM
I love it when people swing by my humble little thread to contribute. I've not considered combat adjustments much. Grappling is possibly something to consider. It opens up different venues for caster types, other than the simple punching element we do now.
I appreciate folks getting into talking about ideas for this game, swing by again sometime Raodin-bel-iori. I'll be around.

iamsamoth0
07-26-2010, 11:31 PM
It could have a bit more compiled information. Such as Days Active, #Members, #Officers, Avg PC level, Avg renown gained per day, current # members logged in, Avg. membership length, #associated characters/account, guild renown earned that day, avg gain/day, highest total day.

There could be more. This is all I have right now.

iamsamoth0
08-04-2010, 01:46 PM
How about javelins or thrown spears? I remember javelins of lightning and such from PnP. That would be nice to see. And with a 1D8 base damage.

iamsamoth0
08-16-2010, 09:11 PM
There should be more.
As suggested by another various pointers to choose from.

iamsamoth0
09-08-2010, 01:23 PM
We must plottery some new lotteries.
I may need to ask what variables are available to utilize with this function.
I.E. Are Guild levels an option.
Can multi-class be a distinction
Can join date be used(Old timers plottery)
Can # of guild members be used

More as I think of them.

iamsamoth0
09-08-2010, 06:12 PM
From Vendor menu's, or at least make it minimize-able. It seems excessive to me and eats even more of my tiny little screen. As well, I know that the store exists, and I know how to access it.

iamsamoth0
09-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Pick pocket.
Climb wall.