PDA

View Full Version : Can true neutral alignment use any weapon?

Beorn_The_Bear
06-30-2007, 05:58 PM
I have a true neutral ranger can I use weapons of chaotic or lawful or good aligment without penalty?

Vinos
06-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Without penalty yes but you will have to overcome a UMD check on the good and chaotic ones.

gorloch
06-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Pure good, true law, or true chaos not without overcoming a UMD check. All others yes.

P

Casta
06-30-2007, 09:14 PM
You get stability items instead, and they don't stack with anything. I remember way back when people went neutral because there were no lawful or chaotic weapons.

Ghoste
06-30-2007, 09:16 PM
I go neutral to be a crusty and withdrawn warforged.

Beorn_The_Bear
06-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Remind me the formula of the UMD check. Is there a roll of dice in there?

Severinyth
06-30-2007, 09:36 PM
No.... you have to actually have the UMD skill for whatever the DC is. For example, if the DC is 16, you have to have +16 or better UMD.

Uska
07-01-2007, 04:00 AM
Remind me the formula of the UMD check. Is there a roll of dice in there?

only to use scrolls and wands all other items you have to match the dc number

TreknaQudane
07-01-2007, 02:15 PM
You get to use Anarchic, Axiomatic, Holy and Unholy weaponry without taking a negative level as TN

However, as others have stated, Pure Good, True Chaos, etc. all require a UMD check to pass

You must have the minimum DC as your UMD without a roll to equip the item.

Lillitheris
07-02-2007, 05:58 AM
However, as others have stated, Pure Good, True Chaos, etc. all require a UMD check to pass

This is correct.
And for the record, the UMD check is 20, regardless of the quality of the weapon in question.

Casta
07-02-2007, 10:10 AM
No.... you have to actually have the UMD skill for whatever the DC is. For example, if the DC is 16, you have to have +16 or better UMD.

But only to put it on, if you have a 16 with heroism and the +3 umd from deleras then lose the buff and take off the item you still have the 16 umd item on.

Vinos
07-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Best to go neutral good.

query
07-02-2007, 01:51 PM
A few clarifying things here:

-A UMD 20 for items is (most of the time) MINIMUM for "true"-based weapons. Many other type of weapons and items are lower, some are higher.

-The item if equipped with a buff will equip and stay equipped even when the buff ends until you unequip the item or you log out, whichever comes first.

No you can't put if off and on again post buff. Try using a boosting item to just hit the UMD for an item. then take off the item after the boost ends and try to re-equip it. You are not the right...option will happen. I can vouch for that. I do use buffing items with my 6 Cha UMD using rogue/wizard for weapons, scrolls, etc. With boosts, I even use raise scrolls well (assuming I don't roll a 1-4 but nice considering a 6 Cha :) . ) But I understand each time I log in, I must re-equip non qualified worn items with my cha booster and Command item or Cartouche or other skill boosting item(s) until they raise the level cap enough to do it without it.

This is correct.
And for the record, the UMD check is 20, regardless of the quality of the weapon in question.

But only to put it on, if you have a 16 with heroism and the +3 umd from deleras then lose the buff and take off the item you still have the 16 umd item on.