PDA

View Full Version : Running low level quests at high levels..

The_Old_Sage
06-29-2007, 08:37 AM
This may seem lazy of me, but it seems pointless that a character who is high enough level so that doing a given quest on elite yields no experience must still do the quest on normal and hard in order to unlock it on elite.

Would it not make sense to allow high level characters who, if they get NO experience from a given quest set on elite, would be able to avoid having to repeat the quest on normal and hard and immediately be able to unlock it on elite?

Just a thought...

tihocan
06-29-2007, 08:52 AM
It would... On another hand it can usually be easily avoided by ensuring you run all quests at least up to hard as you level up your first character. On subsequent characters you only need to care about the quest chains.

llevenbaxx
06-29-2007, 08:52 AM
It would make great sense from our standpoint. It would however defeat the whole purpose they added favor. Time sink.

Best advice I could give you is to do the elite content at the level appropriate times. If you are simply leveling, it makes it a little less tedious, though it is a tad slower. I had to go back and do 80% of the elite content with may original favor character so I know where you are coming from though.

Spell
06-29-2007, 09:28 AM
But how would Turbine ensure that you spent 3times the amount of time running it. They have to keep you busy somehow!

Zenako
06-29-2007, 09:39 AM
You can also just ask for someone to quick join and open it on elite for you and then they leave. Have seen this done quite a few times. Perhaps someone hanging at the AH would be willing to join so you can open or they open it. With no EXP at stake, should be no real problem, then you just run it once. Simple solution to your dilemna.

Elfvyra
06-29-2007, 09:42 AM
No, I'm afraid I disagree with the OP. If you want to skip the lower lvl quests when you can get exp for them, that's your choice. Myself, I try not too. Mostly because I know I'm going to to go for max favor on all my 'toons. It's just easier, and smarter, to do them when you can get exp for them. Rather than zerging ahead to get SC done at lvl 4. And to continue it, and a few others til you only get 50 exp from them....

So yeah, you can skip them, but you'll end up paying a small price for it later... ;)

Lorien_the_First_One
06-29-2007, 09:59 AM
If we don't get XP, we should be able to open them on elite. As it is it just forces us to form parties where everyone says, wait my other char has this on elite, they swich, we open, they come back. It adds annoyance without adding anything to game play (and doesn't even force us to run it 3 times so what does Trubine gain?)

ArkoHighStar
06-29-2007, 10:09 AM
If we don't get XP, we should be able to open them on elite. As it is it just forces us to form parties where everyone says, wait my other char has this on elite, they swich, we open, they come back. It adds annoyance without adding anything to game play (and doesn't even force us to run it 3 times so what does Trubine gain?)

Then you should have done it to at least hard at the appropriate level, the fact that you are doing it on normal, tells me these chars were power leveled to a certain extent, to which I have no problem as we have all done it, but you chose not to do the quests at the right level to begin with so, no I have to disagree

Mercules
06-29-2007, 10:43 AM
This may seem lazy of me, but it seems pointless that a character who is high enough level so that doing a given quest on elite yields no experience must still do the quest on normal and hard in order to unlock it on elite.

Would it not make sense to allow high level characters who, if they get NO experience from a given quest set on elite, would be able to avoid having to repeat the quest on normal and hard and immediately be able to unlock it on elite?

Just a thought...

No... it doesn't make sense. Favor was put in for 2 reasons and this run contrary to both.

Reason 1: People complained about no one doing the "less popular" quests. Favor causes people to go play a quest they may not have done otherwise.

Reason 2: Something to keep you busy. I have no illusions that Favor is a time-sink. I don't like time-sinks but I jumped through the hoop for my 32 point characters.

The ideal way to gain favor, which makes it less tedious and annoying, is to do some of those quests on Normal and Hard at appropriate levels and Elite before capped. From experience, it helps a lot. There are still quests I would consider finding someone who can open it on elite so it need to only be done once(the caravan comes to mind), but for the most part this is a much nicer way to gain favor.

I've never understood the people who think it is stupid to have to run the same quest three times for favor instead of once, but then think nothing of running Goodblade's and Low Road to Elite, Osgood's a half dozen times, WW 4-5 times, STK 4 times, TR forever, Gwylans several times, SC over and over, Greymoon Co6 and then Tempest Spine until they get no XP for it. You will repeat Giant Caves for no XP or favor, but not Taming the Flames for Favor?

The_Old_Sage
06-29-2007, 10:49 AM
Then you should have done it to at least hard at the appropriate level, the fact that you are doing it on normal, tells me these chars were power leveled to a certain extent, to which I have no problem as we have all done it, but you chose not to do the quests at the right level to begin with so, no I have to disagree
There is only so much "powerlevelling" possible in the game, except perhaps to group with slightly higher level players and do only the quests that yield decent experience for the amount of time invested.

Simply due to the fact that one can just invite someone to unlock on elite and then drop group, the excercise of doing a quest on normal, hard and elite is a sham.

I just hope the devs recognize this and adjust things accordingly.

Lorien_the_First_One
06-29-2007, 11:19 AM

Bull. At L1&2 I only group with people 1 level away from me to avoid XP problems. After that I group with any appropriate group (sometimes +3, sometimes -3). I often spend extra time at each levelling up. You however don't have to finish all the L1 content to get to L2. The level 2 content to get to L3, etc.