PDA

View Full Version : Extra turning

Relenthe
06-28-2007, 07:23 PM
I have a lvl 8 cleric and i used a dragonshard to get rid of extra turning for a new feat, and while i had it i didn't notice any extra dv's. I have recently though seen another cleric that had up to 16 dv's and he said he used extra turning, which what i thought only affected turn undead.

Can someone tell me how he achieved this?

Freeman
06-28-2007, 07:29 PM
Extra Turning enhancement would give you a maximum of +4. Extra turning feat is another +4. If they had a 20 Charisma, that would give them all they needed, since the normal amount is 3 + Charisma modifier.(+5) So 3 + 5 + 4 + 4 = 16.

And did you have Extra Turning or Improved Turning? The second feat wouldn't give you any additional turns.

tihocan
06-29-2007, 09:01 AM
he said he used extra turning, which what i thought only affected turn undead.
It increases the number of turn undead/rest period, and there are many abilities (enhancements) you can pick to use these turns for something else (like DV).

ArkoHighStar
06-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Your DV's use the same counter as your turn undead, so using one dv will drop your available turn undead by one until you rest and they are restored. Extra turning gives you 4 extra turn undead, which essentially gives you 4 more dv's. As one of the other posters stated it sounds like you hade improved turning which improves your chance to turn the undead creature when using one of your turn undead charges not how many times you can turn undead.

Kylstrem
06-29-2007, 01:04 PM
FYI, the extra turning ENHANCEMENT does NOT give you 4 extra turns, it gives you one extra turn (there are 4 levels of this enhancement so you can eventually get to 4 extra turns per day at Level 10, but you'll have to get all 4 extra turn enhancements).

So, you start with 3 + your Charisma modifier.

Extra Turning Feat gives you 4 more (as someone else said, make sure you took Extra Turning and not IMPROVED Turning).

JosephKell
06-29-2007, 01:37 PM
FYI, in the next patch (first or second week of July) they are fixing turn undead to count enhancement bonuses to Charisma (such as from items or enhancements).

For example, right now my Paladin has 6/rest because it has 17 Charisma (starting plus 1 boost) even though he has an effective Charisma of 22 (+3 item and Paladin Charisma II).

After this next partch my Paladin will have 9/rest (I only use them with Divine Light).

Relenthe
06-30-2007, 02:44 AM
O.k thank you. And i did remove my extra turning feat. Is it highly recommended that i get it back? Can u relearn a feat you forgot?

TreknaQudane
06-30-2007, 08:19 AM
If you wait the timer and spend more coin and another dragonshard

Uska
06-30-2007, 10:25 AM
If you wait the timer and spend more coin and another dragonshard

or do the dragon mark quest and get it totaly for free

theedtwo
06-30-2007, 09:26 PM
if u play on Lhazaar then i have a dragonshard that i will never use so if u want it just send me a tell on my main Iwillsaveu