PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye WoW Hello DDO......

Freedsoul1
06-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Thats right I said it.....WOW! I have to admit that it was a little bit somber, as I hit the cancel account tab. From open beta to now. I have a new love! DDO it is
and Ill admit IM a level 8 Newb. But I love it!

Ithrani
06-28-2007, 07:16 PM
What server did you chose?

Alexander_Illusioni
06-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Welcome convert! Nice to see a post like this. Wish there were more of them.:) :) :)

joracie
06-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Welcome :) its nice to see some positveness here. There are some server problems and I have to say, DDO addicts are MUCH WEIRDER on TS when the servers are down then WOW addicts...We have had some interesting talks about Canada contribution's to the war on terror :/

Freedsoul1
06-28-2007, 07:17 PM
What server did you chose?

I am on Thelanis. It can be hard to get a group but it seems I manage. Not alot of soloable stuff past 6-7. I really get bummed when I cant get a group or put one together. IM either to hi or to low...

Qwanderer
06-28-2007, 07:29 PM
Now if only the other several million WoW players came over to DDO we would never have a problem finding groups. The lag on the other hand.... ouch.:eek:

Gennerik
06-28-2007, 08:01 PM
I am on Thelanis. It can be hard to get a group but it seems I manage. Not alot of soloable stuff past 6-7. I really get bummed when I cant get a group or put one together. IM either to hi or to low...

Granted, Thelanis isn't Lhazaar, but I guess it's ok.... :rolleyes: Just be wary of Mer'lask. I hear she's got a stranglehold over the server, with all of her activities and such. Seriously, it's a pretty active server, and from what I see on the Forums, Mer'lask does a great job of having events on it. Don't get bummed. You're just in the slow levels. For some odd reason, levels 6-8 always seem to go slowly. They did (for me) back when the level cap was still 10, and they still do now that it's 14. There's a lot of quests in that range that aren't very rewarding in either XP or treasure, and most people have already run Stormcleave into the dirt by then. The VoNs (Vault of Night quests) are probably the easiest way out of those levels, then it's on to better things.

Uska
06-28-2007, 11:42 PM
Welcome out of the hell that is wow

GeneralDiomedes
06-28-2007, 11:54 PM
Welcome young padawan .. wait .. wrong game.

Well, welcome anyhow.

You would do well to try and find a good guild - a lot of what's going on is within guilds.

Elfvyra
06-29-2007, 01:36 AM
Now if only the other several million WoW players came over to DDO we would never have a problem finding groups. The lag on the other hand.... ouch.:eek:

Not sure I'd want the type of person that makes up 90% of the WoW playerbase on our DDO servers. Would you? ;)

tihocan
06-29-2007, 08:58 AM
You're hitting the tough level range, and I'm pretty sure it's the same on all servers (to the exception of the single largest one maybe).
Many alts are leveled up to 5-6 and then get dropped. As soon as they hit 11 people move to the Gianthold area. Thus the 7-10 range is a bit dead unfortunately. I suggest you try to find a guild that can help you to get groups and level up. I'll suggest The Exploration Society (http://tes.rbcb.net/) as I noticed they usually had people online, including at low-mid level.

JayDubya
06-29-2007, 09:05 AM
You're hitting the tough level range, and I'm pretty sure it's the same on all servers (to the exception of the single largest one maybe).
Many alts are leveled up to 5-6 and then get dropped. As soon as they hit 11 people move to the Gianthold area. Thus the 7-10 range is a bit dead unfortunately. I suggest you try to find a guild that can help you to get groups and level up. I'll suggest The Exploration Society (http://tes.rbcb.net/) as I noticed they usually had people online, including at low-mid level.

Or I can offer up the Mid Level Blues (http://www.midlevelblues.com) - who's sole purpose is to help people reach 11th level.

Zenako
06-29-2007, 09:13 AM
I actually enjoy a lot of the 7-10 content the most. Challenging foes, but not overpowered ones in most quests. You can usually handle most quests of that level in a number of ways when in a small group. Think of the Greymoon/Co6 and the Three Barrel Cove quests. Go for all the House D and House K quests located right in town. Nice thing about them is almost all of those quests are fairly short so you can have a very changing group as people pop in for a quest or two and then leave.

Try putting up a LFM for "Doing all of Three barrel Cove quests" and let anyone join who is in your level range. Every one of those quest can be done by any combination of players. Scoundrels run might be tough without someone with Evasion, but with good FIRE resistence (Robe of Winter anyone?) and/or fire protection you can make the run to get the last part down past the furnaces. There are six quests out in three barrel cove. I have run many groups out there, sometimes with players who have never even seen the island since it is not on the main expressway to the Giant Hold, which while challenging to higher level characters is also loaded with way too much instant death and crocked mob leaders. (I can accept the casters having unlimited mana for their casting, but cannot accept that they can cast at a FULL run while PC casters will slow down during casting animations. Things like that...gggrrrrr.

BluePaladin24
06-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Not sure I'd want the type of person that makes up 90% of the WoW playerbase on our DDO servers. Would you? ;)

Amen to that.

And welcome to our common addiction. PM me if you ever make it to Adar.

Freedsoul1
06-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the encouraging replies! I appreciate it. I am in a decent guild but they have mainly higher levels and in 2-4 levels might be a great chance for me to join in. Interesting though that there is a slow down at 8 that others can relate too. Anyhow thanks for the warm welcome....

Cowdenicus
06-29-2007, 03:55 PM
Just as a heads up, it is common knowledge that Fernia is the BEST server to be on. These other guys might tell you different but what do they know. :eek: :D

graveprincess
12-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Welcome convert! Nice to see a post like this. Wish there were more of them.:) :) :)

yes i wish there were of these posts

rest
12-28-2009, 11:01 AM
yes i wish there were of these posts

Quite an appropriate name for someone who brought a thread back from the dead a year and a half later :eek: :eek:

;)

jcoffey
12-29-2009, 06:15 PM
No thread is actually "Dead" as long as the topic is still happening.

And for anyone posting the same stuff

Be warned if you think WoW was redundant at the higher levels you aint seen nothing yet.

Hafeal
12-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Welcome.

He knows of what he speaks:

I actually enjoy a lot of the 7-10 content the most. Challenging foes, but not overpowered ones in most quests. You can usually handle most quests of that level in a number of ways when in a small group. Think of the Greymoon/Co6 and the Three Barrel Cove quests. Go for all the House D and House K quests located right in town. Nice thing about them is almost all of those quests are fairly short so you can have a very changing group as people pop in for a quest or two and then leave.

Try putting up a LFM for "Doing all of Three barrel Cove quests" and let anyone join who is in your level range. Every one of those quest can be done by any combination of players. Scoundrels run might be tough without someone with Evasion, but with good FIRE resistence (Robe of Winter anyone?) and/or fire protection you can make the run to get the last part down past the furnaces. There are six quests out in three barrel cove. I have run many groups out there, sometimes with players who have never even seen the island since it is not on the main expressway to the Giant Hold, which while challenging to higher level characters is also loaded with way too much instant death and crocked mob leaders. (I can accept the casters having unlimited mana for their casting, but cannot accept that they can cast at a FULL run while PC casters will slow down during casting animations. Things like that...gggrrrrr.

RequiemVampie
12-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Hello, Freesoul1 and Welcome to the DDO community. I have a bunch of friends that play WoW with one or two of them considering crossing over in the near future. One of my supervisors at work plays WoW and keeps asking "So when are you gonna quit DDO and come play a 'real' game?"

Never!
+1 rep

moorewr
12-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Hello, Freesoul1 and Welcome to the DDO community. I have a bunch of friends that play WoW with one or two of them considering crossing over in the near future. One of my supervisors at work plays WoW and keeps asking "So when are you gonna quit DDO and come play a 'real' game?"

Never!
+1 rep

This thread is very, very old. Freedsoul1's last activity was on 09-26-2007. However, convincing people to quit WoW is always timely. :cool:

Ingo
12-29-2009, 11:26 PM
This thread is very, very old. Freedsoul1's last activity was on 09-26-2007. However, convincing people to quit WoW is always timely. :cool:

Indeed.

By the way, what class and level do you have to be to cast Raise Thread? :D