PDA

View Full Version : anti-paladin

Redhawk69
06-28-2007, 06:55 PM
so were is the love for the anti pali? this is a chr in the tabletop why cant we see this in ddo, you have drow why not anti pali or even duerger to play as race/class.

Uska
06-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Umm no evil no such class really there is a blackguard but again no evil now and hopefully never will be

sieg33
06-29-2007, 05:26 AM
Because the guards would kill you for being evil I'm guessing. And what anti-paladin would want to help good ppl?

Spell
06-29-2007, 09:26 AM
Hey,
let's get the basic D&D races first.
Gnome anyone?
Half-Elf?
Half-Orc?

The've been staples of D&D for such a long time and quickly got skipped over for Drow.

The_Cataclysm
06-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Half-elves and Half-orcs are coming

Spell
06-29-2007, 09:49 AM
and Gnomes?!

The_Cataclysm
06-29-2007, 09:50 AM
They haven't said anything about them yet.

HeatherCeana
04-10-2016, 09:07 AM
Because the guards would kill you for being evil I'm guessing. And what anti-paladin would want to help good ppl?

Bogus. Guards should be killing me, if I murder people, and they can prove it, or to stop me from murdering people - in front of their eyes, for example.

Nine times out of ten, guards don't have the ability to detect evil. Also, being evil doesn't make you worthy of being murdered. That's against the law, and guards are Lawful.

Good: Someone who has the best interests of the whole at heart.
Evil: Someone who has his own best interests, or only the best interests of those he holds dear, at heart.
Neutral: Someone who believes in a balance between the two.

Lawful: Someone who follows society's laws, or their own personal law code, or the law code of some group.
Chaotic: Someone who believes, that laws and law codes are restrictive, and counter-productive to serving whichever interests that person seeks to forward.
Neutral: Someone who believes, that you should adhere to neither laws nor anarchy (lack of laws). You should use whatever means necessary to reach the end (the interests they seek to forward).

Two definitions of TN:
Seeks a balance between good and evil, and uses any means necessary. [mine, given the logic behind the alignments]
Character who doesn't feel strongly about good or evil, law or chaos.

Whether the character actively striving towards TN, or being indifferent to everything else, thus categorized as TN, is in their actions. This is a crucial difference to a DM, but probably meaningless differentiation in an on-line game.

It is, however, this fundamental misunderstanding of what constitutes "evil", that leads to bad players and even worse DMs.

NWN was able to work in evil characters. So could DDO, if they were creating a truly diverse player experience.

Lonnbeimnech
04-10-2016, 09:41 AM
http://s4.postimg.org/jbyj0j85e/Thread_Necromancer.jpg

Sunnie
04-11-2016, 01:09 AM
It IS pretty interesting to see what has been asked for in the past, though, and what of it has been added since. I mean Helves, Horcs and Gnomes were all mentioned in here, and now we have them, that's pretty neat.

Uska
04-11-2016, 02:28 PM
necro

Saekee
04-11-2016, 04:10 PM
necro

best part is seeing you posting in 2007! Old vets still around, good to see

Uska
04-11-2016, 07:49 PM
best part is seeing you posting in 2007! Old vets still around, good to see

Thank you

Jiirix
04-12-2016, 04:10 AM
Maybe we didn't get the Blackguard since the OP was made, but Bladeforged comes pretty close to me.

A robot with spikes and blades attached that worships a lawful evil entity seeking to "destroy or enslave all races of the flesh" isn't the carebear version of a paladin at all.

https://fullmoonfury.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/aapex-predator.jpg?w=940

Does it look like "helping people" is his thing? Guess the guards leave people like this alone because the fist dozen engaging would die for sure before he was taken down?

HastyPudding
04-15-2016, 03:28 PM
Maybe we didn't get the Blackguard since the OP was made, but Bladeforged comes pretty close to me.

A robot with spikes and blades attached that worships a lawful evil entity seeking to "destroy or enslave all races of the flesh" isn't the carebear version of a paladin at all.

https://fullmoonfury.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/aapex-predator.jpg?w=940

Does it look like "helping people" is his thing? Guess the guards leave people like this alone because the fist dozen engaging would die for sure before he was taken down?

Glad to see there are still people around who realize the Lord of Blades is lawful evil, although in my opinion he's more closer to Lawful neutral, but I'm kind of iffy about that. In an extended alignment chart I'd say he's Lawful Impure.

I would LOVE to see blackguards, though. We haven't had a new -- proper -- melee class since the monk. Either blackguard, duskblade, or hexblade would suffice.

Bertum
06-19-2016, 10:48 PM
I think it would be interesting to have the option to play evil clerics, paladins, pale master, etc.