PDA

View Full Version : Update 4.2: Searing Heights

Quarion
06-28-2007, 09:58 AM
The backstory for Update 4.2 is now available on www.ddo.com !

Katrina
06-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Very cool!
It's nice to see some of the more obscure things tucked in Xen'drik's dark and hidden corners come to light :D

StoneSting
06-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Are you sure it's there? I'm not seeing it.

GeneralDiomedes
06-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Well, if 3 small paraghraphs is a "Backstory" then yes, Its there....

If it was any longer .. people wouldn't read it :p

Impaqt
06-28-2007, 10:16 AM

Katrina
06-28-2007, 10:33 AM

Consider it a mystery ;)
The Sultar Drow tribes are VERY reclusive. To see them 'out and about' (so to speak) is very mysterious and concerning :D

Missing_Minds
06-28-2007, 10:36 AM
http://www.ddo.com/article/900

Have to wonder... if Adaxus was a fire giant, why does his Axe really need to give him improved fire resistance as well.

StanC
06-28-2007, 11:18 AM
Are there going to be any quests in this update ?
Sounds like there might be, or I could have miss read it.:D

JosephKell
06-28-2007, 11:37 AM

Have to wonder... if Adaxus was a fire giant, why does his Axe really need to give him improved fire resistance as well.Well, if the Axe grants Improved Fire Resistance that means the axe has Fire Resistance 20 and it can better reset fire.

Missing_Minds
06-28-2007, 11:55 AM
Well, if the Axe grants Improved Fire Resistance that means the axe has Fire Resistance 20 and it can better reset fire.

That is true, but then again after I posted, I wondered if it was something he ended up embuning in the axe on his death just for story flavor.

JosephKell
06-28-2007, 12:20 PM
If it was a last moment of life thing... that is pretty hardcore. If I were dying I'ld be too distracted by the dying to make a magic item. ;)

Hurin
06-28-2007, 03:00 PM
How about letting people know it won't be coming out in June, as your Splash Screen says, but rather in the second week of July?

query
07-02-2007, 01:59 PM
How about letting people know it won't be coming out in June, as your Splash Screen says, but rather in the second week of July?

Hey! If they list it's coming in JUNE, then it's coming in JUNE!
(Whispers) It's WHAT date now?!

Err, nevermind.

(Coming in June...2008)

Redhawk69
07-03-2007, 12:47 PM
sooo, when is it coming out? june 2008 :D or mid july;)

zombie_steve
07-03-2007, 02:34 PM
In an earlier post elsewhere on the forums, Quarion said it would be the week of July 9th . You can expect 4.2 then.

Symar-FangofLloth
07-03-2007, 05:56 PM
sooo, when is it coming out? june 2008 :D or mid july;)

Junly, 200(Pi)

Killbilly
07-04-2007, 05:53 AM

Have to wonder... if Adaxus was a fire giant, why does his Axe really need to give him improved fire resistance as well.

It picked it up from him because he used it a lot. You know, the good ol' fantasy literary device where just by being in the presence of someone really powerful for a long time something becomes magical, especially picking up traits similar to the wielder.

Either that or he needed it because he was the worst fire giant ever.

shiffd
07-10-2007, 03:25 AM
Um is it me or is it July 9th already? ANd no posted plan for an update, or maybe there was but i missedit.....? I mean shouldn't it be easier to see and stuff since there is gonna be a down time I assume for the update, whenever it comes.

In other related events we had another crummy loot and xp weekend which further encourages skipping of content and mindless repititious powergaming....

The best plan for us now is to assume that DDO will never ever be updated again EXCEPT for Nerfs every month or so. In that way we will be pleasantly surprised for the next update. No use in looking forward to something it will just get delayed.

Mad_Bombardier
07-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Delayed.

Sadly, yes. QA testing turned up some issues, so Update 4.2 will now be next week.

Shecky
07-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Um is it me or is it July 9th already? ANd no posted plan for an update, or maybe there was but i missedit.....? I mean shouldn't it be easier to see and stuff since there is gonna be a down time I assume for the update, whenever it comes.

In other related events we had another crummy loot and xp weekend which further encourages skipping of content and mindless repititious powergaming....

The best plan for us now is to assume that DDO will never ever be updated again EXCEPT for Nerfs every month or so. In that way we will be pleasantly surprised for the next update. No use in looking forward to something it will just get delayed.

Excellent post! Perfect proof of the old adage, "If you look hard enough for problems, you will always find them."

brianohu2005
07-12-2007, 11:29 PM

Why do they bother to put a date on the splash screen. It seems like they always miss the date and people get upset. Just post what it is instead..4.2 coming soon.

warf.org
07-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Aren't we now in the third week of july now?

M00nwolf69
07-15-2007, 09:38 PM
It's been two months on a really rather blah update. No real content to it and it's taken two months. How long is it going to take for the 5.0 to come out? I think they over extended themselves programming now for two games and I'm afraid it's going to sink both ships. I'm not leaving, I just wish they would keep us more in the loop.

Ironik
07-16-2007, 10:07 AM
I've never bad mouthed turbine and I usually stand behind them when **** hits the fan, update go awry or whatever. I know how it is to develop large applications. But I want to express a bit of concern over this game's management. Really it has slipped, it seems, and we haven't heard anything for a long time now. The scheduled update is fast approaching a month behind. The content "amount" for this update seems significantly less then previous updates and the recent 'technology upgrade' has had an overall negative impact, for me at least. I can't help but wonder if we're stepping into the last days of this game. Really, I love playing this game, and hope this isn't the case. But I can't help but wonder...

emsteiner
07-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Any word on when this is going live?

M00nwolf69
07-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Last I heard it was supposed to be this week sometime. This is not to say it won't be pushed back AGAIN, but that was the last that the "customer service reps" let us know. I keep looking for something solid, it just has not happened.

Poobah
07-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Appears to be June 48th 2007.

Aeneas
07-17-2007, 07:45 AM
This wednesday the 18th it is!

Nealgus
07-17-2007, 04:05 PM

Now I dont know the history here other than 3 paragraphs worth but a couple things come to mind on this.

1. Do we know that Adaxus was a fire giant himself?:confused:

2. Maybe he was such an incredibly powerfull Fire Giant that it was for the Axe's protection to keep it from bursting into flames when he held it, and the Improved resist just happens to cary over to the wielder from its own self preservation?:eek:

peavey
07-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Pathetic

aargos
07-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Anyone else see a problem with the LFM panel
I can no longer see what is the class of each party member already in a group.

Strange :confused:

Killbilly
07-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Anyone else see a problem with the LFM panel
I can no longer see what is the class of each party member already in a group.

Strange :confused:

I think this is only applying to people who are anonymous while in a group with an LFM. Not sure if this is intended or a bug, but I know there have been complaints about blind tells being sent to anonymous clerics who got "caught" in an LFM.