PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect Tips

JayDubya
06-28-2007, 07:57 AM
I don't know the numbers, but I thought it would be useful to write down all the tips that are now incorrect.

1. There is no limit to the coins you can carry - should be 4MM plat
2. You lose your mana if you use a shrine - no longer correct (#181?)
3. You will lose XP if a cleric raises you, instead of using a shrine - no longer correct, I believe

Any others?

sNaKeYeZ
06-28-2007, 10:02 AM
Hey JayDubya, lookie at this list here:

http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/ddo.support/consumer/kbdetail.asp?kbid=1374&SearchType=advanced&referrer=&CustID=&rfield=&usertype=&formaction=search&bUseEditor=&IncludeHTML=&keyword=tips&match=and&catID1=&catID2=&catID3=&catID4=&sortmethod=rel+desc%2C+datemodified&submitbutton=Go

There is #1 through #198. I don't know how outdated that list is, but it's dated 1-31-2007.

Dane_McArdy
06-28-2007, 10:03 AM
I don't know the numbers, but I thought it would be useful to write down all the tips that are now incorrect.

1. There is no limit to the coins you can carry - should be 4MM plat
2. You lose your mana if you use a shrine - no longer correct (#181?)
3. You will lose XP if a cleric raises you, instead of using a shrine - no longer correct, I believe

Any others?

For stuff like this, they want you to submit a bug report.

Mad_Bombardier
06-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Since the Jump/Tumble tip was already fixed, those 3 are the only ones I've seen mentioned. I'll keep my eyes out for other incorrect/outdated ones.

FlyinS
06-28-2007, 10:06 AM
I forget what it said, but I beleive tip #108 is no longer accurate as well. I remember the number from logging in the other night.

JayDubya
06-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Excellent, thank you!

Ok, these are wrong:
Tip #4: When you reach a new level, you gain action points, which you can trade with a Trainer for Enhancements.

Tip #85: Slimes, undead and constructs are immune to critical hits and a Rogue's Tip - I assume this means sneak attack.

Tip #158: There is no limit to the number of coins you can carry. Coins have no weight. - you can only carry 4 MM plat.

Tip #181: Using a resurrection shrine will set your current spell points to zero, a cleric's raise dead spell will not. - not true any more

These are misleading, I believe:
Tip #58: Your Tumble skill will decrease if you are wearing heavy armor. If the total modifier goes below zero, you won't be able to tumble. -- should be medium or heavy, no?

Tip #61: High level clerics can cast the Raise Dead spell, which will return you to life with the least XP penalty. - there is no longer a difference between raise dead and shrining, no?

Tip #125: While in a tavern you will slowly regenerate hit points and spell points. Eating and drinking while in a tavern will hasten this process. - or in the public areas...

Mad_Bombardier
06-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Ok, these are wrong:
Tip #4: When you reach a new rank, you gain action points, which you can trade with a Trainer for Enhancements.

Tip #85: Slimes, undead and constructs are immune to critical hits and a Rogue's Sneak Attack.

Tip #158: Coins have no weight. But, you may only have 4.2 million PP on any character.

Tip #181: Using a resurrection shrine will set your current spell points to zero, a cleric's raise dead spell will not. (Yes, completely outdated, needs to be removed and replaced with):
Tip #181: Using a resurrection shrine will set your HP to 10%, a Cleric's Raise Dead spell will only bring you back with 1HP.

These are misleading, I believe:
Tip #58: Your Tumble skill will decrease if you are wearing heavier armors. If the total modifier goes below zero, you won't be able to tumble.

Tip #61: High level clerics can cast the Raise Dead spell, which will return you to life with the least XP penalty. (Again, completely outdated and needs to be removed.)

Tip #125: While in a public instance you will slowly regenerate hit points and spell points. Eating and drinking while in a tavern will hasten this process. Suggested rewrite or comment in green. :)

Vinos
06-28-2007, 10:37 AM
There is one that should be updated to reflect the current state of loot.

Good, Bad, I'm the guy with a +5 holy bursting heavy repeater of pure good with House D returning bolts.

yawgmoth
06-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Or how about this one?
Tip #30: Raid adventures allow raiding parties (up to 12 players) to enter. These are high level adventures, and are tough to complete!

Should be rewritten to:
Tip #30: Raid adventures allow raiding parties (up to 4 players) to enter. These are high level adventures, and are easy to complete!

Seriously, how many dq and sr raids do you see with more than 4 people? Some people even solo them.

Gimpster
06-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Tips say Paladin's aura gives an AC bonus against evil enemies. But it really works on neutral and good opponents too.