PDA

View Full Version : All NPC's are Elves?????????????

Zorth
06-27-2007, 03:28 AM
Have you noticed all NPC's are Elves. If the game makers are that lazy as to not make each NPC a specific race and make them default as elves, what does that tell us about the rest of the game and its concepts? I played pen and pencil and found out stormreach does not capture the imigination, nor the excitment. Gary Gygax needs to be put in charge again.

Kraldor
06-27-2007, 03:49 AM
They're fixing this for mod 4.2. Trust me, you're not the first person to figure this out

Zorth
06-27-2007, 05:27 AM
That's a lot of NPC's to fix. I'll believe it when I see it. My point is, it should have been done in the first place.

Shecky
06-27-2007, 05:34 AM
That's a lot of NPC's to fix. I'll believe it when I see it. My point is, it should have been done in the first place.

It's easy to back-seat drive and Monday-morning quarterback.

Griftor
06-27-2007, 05:45 AM
And if you have been around long enough, you would have realised that it wasn't always like that. All the NPC's became 'elves' around the release of Gianthold. Before that, everyone was showing what they really were.

Zorth
06-27-2007, 06:11 AM
So what, its not that way now. I care about little stuff like that. Like I said before the rest of the game could be suffering in it's concepts as well. Like a snowball effect in other aspects. It's like a bad apple.

Shecky
06-27-2007, 06:12 AM
Let's not make a mountain out of a grain of sand, hmm?

Ringlord
06-27-2007, 06:18 AM
Well sorry Zorth, but I still see plenty of NPC's in the game that are not Elves so no they are not in fact all Elves.

Zorth
06-27-2007, 06:18 AM
Name one. I'll go look.

Tanka
06-27-2007, 06:21 AM
Name one. I'll go look.
Enter a quest. Any non-elf is... A non-elf! Gasp!

Ringlord
06-27-2007, 06:31 AM
Well lets see Zorth how about any of the Giants you can get a quest from or talk to in Giant Hold or the Minotaur who you see to get bound there or the AH vendor or the Banker who is a Dwarf. Maybe you are just wearing +5 see everyone as an Elf glasses :)

An NPC is any character that is NOT a PLAYER run character.

Zorth
06-27-2007, 06:40 AM
What? The minotar is an Elf who you get bound too. The quest NPC's are right, ok, what about the ones not in quests? They're all elves. I know what an NPC is.

Tanka
06-27-2007, 07:26 AM
Well lets see Zorth how about any of the Giants you can get a quest from or talk to in Giant Hold or the Minotaur who you see to get bound there or the AH vendor or the Banker who is a Dwarf. Maybe you are just wearing +5 see everyone as an Elf glasses :)

An NPC is any character that is NOT a PLAYER run character.
Ringlord, examine any NPC outside of a quest instance.

Their race says Elf, regardless of what their avatar is.

Inside of quests, however, state their true race.

WolfSpirit
06-27-2007, 07:30 AM
The avatar is showing what it is (like halflings in House J) But the info window shows Elf. The fix will be included in 4.2, read the release notes.

Edit:
Found the quote:

NPCs

Several enemy characters from the Aurum have had their alignment changed to Lawful Evil.
Many npcs were incorrectly insisting that they were "Race: Elf" in the examination window. This information has been removed from these lying npcs.
Niles Cage (Stormreach Harbor) is no longer performing an appendectomy on himself.
And after searching, I wish Samera would lock the informational threads after making them. Then make another for everyone to comment with the link inside the notes. Makes it so much cleaner...

Freeman
06-27-2007, 07:37 AM
Does anyone else find it amusing that someone making so many references to PnP is upset because of something that only shows up when you examine an NPC, something that you could never do in PnP anyway?("He looks like a minotaur, but if you look really closely, there's a label that says Elf on the back of his neck.")

Tanka
06-27-2007, 07:39 AM
Now I get it!

They've all been Polymorphed!

Ringlord
06-27-2007, 08:04 AM
LMAO this guy is raising a big stink because some minor text bug? I don't go by what the text says I go by what I see and the Minotaur is a Minotaur and would not have a label above his head if he was real since Zorth seems to want to make this about immersion in the game. The biggest thing that detracts from immersion is the floating names above NPC/Mobs heads and having to read text to get the quest story rather than hearing it spoken.

Zorth
06-21-2011, 07:15 PM
A deep thread and I do not want to make anyone mad, but I was right.

flynnjsw
06-21-2011, 07:23 PM
A deep thread and I do not want to make anyone mad, but I was right.
4 year old thread and you are patting yourself on the back?

Marcus-Hawkeye
06-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Why are you "necroing" your own threads to say you were right?

Zorth
06-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Becuase I get mocked so much in the present.

LoveNeverFails
06-21-2011, 07:29 PM
4 year old thread and you are patting yourself on the back?

heheheheh

Marcus-Hawkeye
06-21-2011, 07:32 PM
I don't see how utilizing old threads in this fashion in any way benefits you, in fact I'm inclined to see it in the opposite light. Just because you've hit on ideas the game has adopted doesn't prove that your current points have any validity. I'm really not trying to start any argument, but it seems like a "look! I did a paper on green energy in grade 9 and now it's becoming the new age of energy that I started!"

I'm just sayin...

IWZincedge
06-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Rip