PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Type: Defending

Turial
06-23-2007, 06:20 PM
A defending weapon allows the user to transfer the weapons enhancement bonus to his/her AC as a stacking bonus. (Paraphrasing)

Sounds like a fun weapon add on to introduce to DDO. Any thoughts or ideas if such a weapon could or one day might be implemented?

Mad_Bombardier
06-23-2007, 06:23 PM
A defending weapon allows the user to transfer the weapons enhancement bonus to his/her AC as a stacking bonus. (Paraphrasing)

Sounds like a fun weapon add on to introduce to DDO. Any thoughts or ideas if such a weapon could or one day might be implemented?My suggestion for a Defender was a named weapon that grants Combat Expertise when equipped. Toggle/turn it on and you lose the +5 to-hit and gain +5 AC (you keep the +5 dmg). Not perfect, but I like the idea. :)

Harbinder
06-23-2007, 06:39 PM
It would make a nice piece of raid loot. They should make a defending bow and show the archers some love finally.

Gimpster
06-23-2007, 06:51 PM
It would make a nice piece of raid loot. They should make a defending bow and show the archers some love finally.
Why would you want that?

If you're using archery, you're either
A) not even allowing the monsters a chance to get an attack roll on you
B) going to be hit with or without a +5 AC bonus

Harbinder
06-23-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm sure there is an archer out there that would like +5 ac...

VonBek
06-23-2007, 07:26 PM
I frequently duo with a range-monkey rogue. I know I'd like him to have an AC bonus when he gets tunnel vision. ;)

Shrazkil
06-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Ive been hoping for this as well.

Perhaps something like this as raid loot.

Dwarven Defender - +3 true law dwarven axe of pure good ~ 3 dodge AC

If they made a defending weapon, i figured i would make it a dwarven weapon, because after all, if its powerful, dwarves get it first according to turbine :D

Uska
06-23-2007, 09:55 PM

Makes no sense whatsoever not a dnd item sword is classic from forever ago