PDA

View Full Version : red named boss immunities.....

gelgoog
06-22-2007, 03:56 PM
just wondering if in the future we will be able to improve trip and stunning blow the red named bosses in the game.

or if it is working as intended.

a dev response would be great.......but not needed.
silence from devs means it working as intended.

sigh

i still hope it will revert to the bosses being able to get stunned and trip again as pre mod 4....i think it was mod 4 when this went active.

/shrug

Klattuu
06-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Silence from the devs could mean lots of things. They could be too busy to respond, being Friday they could be making plans to hit the bars, there could be changes coming that they cannot discuss yet publically.

Never assume why someone doesn't do something.

Theoretically, as the new AI protocols mature and improve, the need for immunities will lessen.

sigtrent
06-22-2007, 04:11 PM
It is intentional, but it may someday change.

I prefer to think of it like this. Each quest may have one or two among dozens of monsters where the only tactic that works is to just kill them the old fashined way. There are no shortage of tripable monsters and a fair number that are just very hard to trip.

My only complaint is there is no PR justification and so it feels a bit cheezy. But tactics wise I can handle not being able to trip every monster in the game.

bobbryan2
06-22-2007, 04:15 PM
It is intentional, but it may someday change.

We can presume that it's intentional, but we have no proof to that effect. Because, as of right now, no dev has ever even owned up to the change, or tried to justify it.

They're currently in a stage where they think if they pretend we're not here, then eventually we'll give up. (and they're probably right.)

sigtrent
06-22-2007, 07:34 PM
They're currently in a stage where they think if they pretend we're not here, then eventually we'll give up. (and they're probably right.)

That would not be very rational. People always seem to asume everyone else has some kind of hostile intent. Why is that? Do you normaly have a hostile intent in your actions? Yave you ever just been a bit too busy to hold someones hand through everything or respond to every phone call / email you got?

They are immune to all kinds of "save or loose" type effects. Trip and stunning blow fall into that category quite nicely so it is only logical to assume they were ommisions before and have been corrected to be like all the other effects red names are immune to.