PDA

View Full Version : Relic armor and robes

ccheath776
06-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Ok so I have not yet done the dragon 6 man quest enough to have collected enough dragon scales.
So I figured hey, why not get some relic armor for the mean time. I'm sure its unique.
Wrong. The relic armor graphics are no different than any other. Kind of dissapointed with that.

I feel they should at least be somewhat unique.

Taur
06-22-2007, 03:12 PM
not to mention it's ****

DKerrigan
06-22-2007, 03:27 PM
not to mention it's ****

You mean completely ******* worthless ******** that wasn't worth the 5 seconds they obviously took to code it?:D

dmitri
06-22-2007, 05:02 PM
As a level 9 who hasnt gotten there yet, can I ask what it is? I mean, you all have already said it is ****. Really ****ty ****. But what the **** is this **** and what in the **** does it ****ing do?

Citymorg
06-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Check here:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=69886&highlight=definitive+static+rewards+lists

I was actually considering getting the Giant Relic Docent, since it is a slighty toned down version of the White Dragon Docent.

Dragon Relic Collectibles (20 Dragon Relics)
Dragoncrafted Breastplate - +4 Breastplate, Cure Serious Wounds 1/rest
Dragoncrafted Docent - +4 Docent, Greater Devotion IV, Wizardry III
Dragoncrafted Leather Armor - +4 Leather Armor, +10 Disable Device, +7 Spot, +3 Reflex
Dragoncrafted Full Plate - +4 Full Plate, Sacred, Wizardry III
Dragoncrafted Robes - +4 Armor Bonus, Conjuration Focus, Wizardry III

Elf Relic Collectibles (20 Elf relics)
Elfcrafted Chain Armor - +3 Breastplate, Mithril, Arcane Lore, Minor Spell Penetration VI
Elfcrafted Chain Shirt - +3 Chain Shirt, Mithril, Arcane Lore, Minor Spell Penetration VI
Elfcrafted Docent - +3 Docent, Evocation Focus, Arcane Lore, Minor Spell Penetration VI
Elfcrafted Plate Armor - +3 Full Plate, Mithril, Arcane Lore, Minor Spell Penetration VI
Elfcrafted Robes - +3 armor, Evocation Focus, Arcane Lore, Minor Spell Penetration VII

Giant Relic Collectibles (20 Giant Relics)
Giantcrafted Chain Armor - +5 Chainmail, Admantine, Light Fortification, Shield 3/rest
Giantcrafted Chain Shirt - +5 Chain Shirt, Admantine, Light Fortification, Shield 3/rest
Giantcrafted Docent - +5 Docent, Moderate Fortification, Shield 3/rest
Giantcrafted Plate Armor - +5 Full Plate, Admantine, Light Fortification, Shield 3/rest
Giantcrafted Robe - +4 Armor Bonus, Light Fortification, Shield 3/rest

Lorien_the_First_One
06-22-2007, 07:42 PM
I actually like the Giant Relic Docet. +5 with mod fort (100% for a WF) and a shield clickie to boot when I'm THF. Not bad really and probably better for the number of runs required to get it than the 8 million runs to get and maintain a scale docet.

ccheath776
06-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Its not the ability I went for. I just wanted to see if it had a cool graphic. And it really didnt'. It has the same graphic as bloodplate armor. A bit anticlimatic. Oh well.

Lorien_the_First_One
06-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Its not the ability I went for. I just wanted to see if it had a cool graphic. And it really didnt'. It has the same graphic as bloodplate armor. A bit anticlimatic. Oh well.

Ah, on that you are correct, I was also disappointed with the look.

du_Lac
07-02-2007, 12:20 PM
I liked the look of the dragon leather. My ranger/rogue has it. I haven't seen anything else in the game like it.

Halifex
04-20-2008, 09:57 PM
I just saw a toon wearing Giantcrafted ChainShirt and I think it looked very cool. Yellow pants, rings on the vest. Very sharp and unique relative to lots of the other stuff we have all seen.

Lillitheris
04-21-2008, 09:03 AM
It's just the perfectionist in me, but I always found it annoying how they mixed up the relic-dragon system.

Black Dragon armor = Elf relics for repairs
White Dragon armor = Giant relics for repairs
Blue Dragon armor = Dragon relics for repairs

Elf Relic armor = same enhancements as Blue Dragon armor (should be same as Black)
Giant Relic armor = same enhancements as White Dragon armor (this one is right)
Dragon Relic armor = same enhancements as Black Dragon armor (should be same as Blue)

Hopefully you get my point; they're not consistent :)

MysticTheurge
04-21-2008, 09:19 AM
My cleric wears Elfcrafted Plate. And I'm really happy that it doesn't have a "unique" look to it.

I don't think I could ever wear Dragonscale Armor because of it's utterly annoying, pervasive and at this point tired, "unique" look.

Lorien_the_First_One
04-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Wow, impressive necro....