PDA

View Full Version : Manyshot

Andy_of_GSI
06-22-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm sure its been said before, but has any thought been given into making Manyshot a feat you can activate and have remain active, the way power attack works. That is how it was designed in PnP and although this isn't PnP I think it would really help even out ranged combat with melee combat. It would basically work like power attack too. You just turn it on and you can shoot more than one arrow but at a penalty to attack, which the Devs could sort out to decide whats fair. You could also go as far as to have a line of enhancmetns, similar to the Barb PA enchancments, that let you shoot more arrows at a time at the cost of attack.

An example would be at lvl 6 you can shoot two arrows at a time for -4 to attack. At lvl 12ish you can shoot three arrows for -6 to attack, and at lvl 18ish you can shoot four arrows at a time for -8 to attack.

The degree of penalty also depends on what gear the devs add to the game and what the mobs ac ends up at, maybe a -4,-8,-12 progression would be better.

I'd really like to see some kind of response as to why this wouldn't work, or a "hey I'll bring it up next time we meet."

Thank you,
Andy

Hokiewa
06-22-2007, 10:44 AM
I agree that manyshot needs an improvement, however they still need to fix general ranged combat. It's been discussed ad naseum but many times shots are not registered, and not rolled.

I think your idea has merit.

binnsr
06-22-2007, 11:18 AM
The archery issues ingame are one of the main reason's I stopped playing both my ranger and my repeater rogue.

I like what you've laid out there and can only hope it (and the other ranged issues) get some attention soon..

narizue
06-22-2007, 11:27 AM
I have a ranger myself, but he is predominantly TWF. Much of the reason for this comes down to the glaring weakness of ranged combat compared to hand to hand. Rate of fire, nonexistant shots combined with a big piece of foam rubber wrapped around manyshot based on its implementation in the game made the choice of dual wielding over shooting a pretty easy one for me. I also would like to see a change in manyshot from the cooldown to a stance. Thats what it is in essence in PNP, and it has been indicated many times by the development team that they would like to move the game closer to PNP, so lets do it!!!!!

Mad_Bombardier
06-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Don't forget that Manyshot needs to be put on the DDO accelerated attacks per BAB scale. We should get 2nd arrow at BAB+1, 3rd arrow at BAB+5, 4th arrow at BAB+10, etc.

Solstice
06-22-2007, 11:57 AM
/sign

agree a lot. will do more use of this feat.

Xaxx
06-22-2007, 04:17 PM
With the ability of rangers to have +14 bab, 36 dex, percision, and yada yada to get their bow to hits ungodly high, making manyshot do that would overpower ranged combat over even mele, and then no one would ever tank anything just shoot it

Andy_of_GSI
06-22-2007, 04:40 PM
That's the thing though to hit is not the issue. Yes the majority of the time all four arrows would hit, but personally my ranger does +9 damage with a bow, the most I've heard of is +15, even if you multiply that by four its 60, but that with four arrows, which wont be until lvl 16 at the moment, so for now its 15 x3 for 45. My Barbarain unbuffed does 1d12+42 per swing, and he can swing ALOT faster than my ranger could shoot. By level 16 and up he probably will be doing closer to +60 a swing. Making this change would help ranged combat drastically. Yes, it would be much more powerful, but it wouldn't be overpowering, not to mention the mobs would get this too most likely. The Devs can always make the to hit penalties higher if they feel, the need to.

Tiblorian
06-23-2007, 12:29 AM
Its not so much damage as rate of stat dmg. Having range as fast as melee with manyshot doesn't disrupt the balance however since TWFers can still deal the most wounding damage per second(at a greater risk than ranged attackers)