PDA

View Full Version : What has happened to this game?

torticusrex7262
06-22-2007, 07:15 AM
Not only has the lag been increased in the dungeons, but there are very few players on at any time I am here. I play mainly between 7am-1pm CDT(US) and almost never are there groups available on Thelanis. Is there a better server to start a character on and go with or has this game gone the way of EQ, EQ2 and others? Is there a better game to go to if this one has bit the dust?
Thanks for any responses!:D

JayDubya
06-22-2007, 08:09 AM
No, the game has not bitten the dust - there are lively and numerous adventures in the evening hours in the US.

You are, unfortunately, playing in the deep dark depths of off-peak time. However, there is hope.

1) Heaven's Fury is an australian guild that plays those hours all the time. See if you can "hook up" with them. They're good folks.
2) Switch to Argonessen. Through historical accident, it has, by far, the highest population, and will have more people on at 7 am.

Yndrofian
06-22-2007, 08:58 AM
except for today
man, it was *sparse* this morning

torticusrex7262
06-22-2007, 07:20 PM
No, the game has not bitten the dust - there are lively and numerous adventures in the evening hours in the US.

You are, unfortunately, playing in the deep dark depths of off-peak time. However, there is hope.

1) Heaven's Fury is an australian guild that plays those hours all the time. See if you can "hook up" with them. They're good folks.
2) Switch to Argonessen. Through historical accident, it has, by far, the highest population, and will have more people on at 7 am.

What server has Heaven's Fury? It's not on Argonessen or Thelanis's guild list

Merlask
06-22-2007, 07:24 PM
If time frame has been an issue I recommend picking over this guide (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=110931) to look for a server that shows a heavier flux of activity around your peak time zone

You might find it helpful, you might not. Guilding is also a very good way to hook up with people playing in your time frame.

sigtrent
06-22-2007, 07:51 PM
I've noticed a lot of in game lag lately too. Much more than there used to be and generaly shared by everyone in the quest.

I think something crept into the code recently that turbine is trying to sort through.

Population wise: Well it isn't what it was, but you have always had to be a little aggressive to group up in DDO. Off peak times.. basicaly take what you can get or start a group. Keep in mind a group of 3 or 4 is often plenty for many of the quests. If you are new, just say you are new in LFG and looking for help, on Thelanis you should get a lot of offers of assistance.

Feavens Fury is on Thelanis. I see them fairly often. We have some Australian folks in Umber Hulks as well. I call them the night watch since the come on about when I'm heading to bed.

DasLurch
06-23-2007, 06:26 AM
I am not sure about the heaven's guild but the main aussie guild on Khyber is the Stormreach Thieves Guild. I haven't ever had a problem with any of them, and they all seem to be good fun when iI bump into one of them. Khyber does seem to have a heavy amount of PST residents (or it could just be the group I always run with) if that helps you out too. Peak hours there seem to be 11pm cst to around 3am cst weeknights, and usually they roll on to around 6-7 am cst on the weekends if you aren't careful :)

Aranticus
06-24-2007, 09:33 PM
riedra has plently of aussies and asians

Willeum_Wallace
06-25-2007, 01:54 AM
Hi, I'm from BC and usually play late at night after work, so from midnight to 3 or 4 am usually, pacific time. That's the time alot of the ppl are loggin on. Lots of Aussies, and nighthawks such as myself play late so it's a good server to play on for later groups. Server is Sarlona, and the Judges of Sarlona is one of the larger guilds :) Hope this helps

JayDubya
06-25-2007, 04:05 AM
What server has Heaven's Fury? It's not on Argonessen or Thelanis's guild list

They're on Thelanis, but not a founder's guild, so they aren't on the list. If you look in the Who panel, you'll see the guild names on the far right column.