PDA

View Full Version : Troll ring of regen

Elvejon
06-21-2007, 09:48 PM
Would be nice if it comes back as exclusive 2 hp per minute doesnt seem much anyhow now does it? Anyway i wanted to make a hp Stealer tank:
Weapon: ChaosBlade
Bracers: Demonic bracers
Ring: the troll ring

Healing would be kinda of a snap, i havent got a chacne to test this out since well... i dont have em yet, would like to see other health items that you can steal Leeser vamprism only heal you by 1 hp per hit which isnt that bad.

The demoinc bracers gives 30 temprary hp when hit, inflicts mod wounds, and curses them (by chance) which is nice.

Just would like they ring back on =)

HorridForm
06-21-2007, 10:53 PM
Jungle Cloak does 5 a tic for 2 minutes and jerky does 2 a tic for 4 I think.

Kraldor
06-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Concerning the ring, it should be brought back. It isn't so overpowered or anything, its only real use is bringing back someone who is incapacitated. One HP a minute is not a heal nor is it a rest shrine. No group will wait hours to heal back up. With the trend of zerging in this game, there really is nothing to worry about in the power aspect of it. The real problem however, is that it was easy to obtain and it could be horded from loot runs. This time, it shouldn't be put in a low-level easy-to-loot chest. Put it in an end chest of a very long quest or as an end reward to a very long quest line (I'm thinking it would spruce up the lackluster list of CO6, and it ties into the troll theme that dominated part of the line). Also, make the ring bind so people don't hoard them for selling and twinking purposes. It would also be very important to make it so that it is negated by fire and acid as trollish regeneration should be (I don't know how the ring originally worked, so this may already be in effect). Since fire is a very popular damage type among mobs, the ring wouldn't even work all the time. Yay or nay?

Hitari
06-21-2007, 10:55 PM
madstone rage boots will boost your con, ac, and str...

Seneca_Windforge
06-22-2007, 12:16 AM
I don't think that fire and acid damage should stop the regeneration. The game would have to keep track of acid and fire damage you've taken. This would create needless complication. If it merely stopped the regeneration...well, 1 hp/minute is so slow anyway, you don't really need to have that disadvantage.

Honestly, I think that 1 hp/30 seconds might be better. That's still a long wait for most characters to recover and not quite as useless.

Spell
06-22-2007, 01:37 AM
I have a Ring of Troll Regeneration.
It is very misleading, for a warforged. Let me clarify.
The ring description states that it regenerates 1hp/minute.
A warforged, though, gets nothing from it.
Either the description should say that is HEALS 1hp/minute or it should be fixed to actually REGENERATE 1hp/minute.

Mad_Bombardier
06-22-2007, 12:03 PM
Concerning the ring, it should be brought back.It was (the mechanic was, anyway). Just not as a random loot item in an easy level 6 quest. The Pouch of Jerky does the exact same thing (and more), but is raid loot so it's limited distribution.

chrisgina39
11-29-2010, 05:50 AM
it should b brought back

Cleanincubus
11-29-2010, 09:30 AM
it should b brought back
It wasn't brought back? I got one from Redwillow's Ruins months ago.

Ravoc-DDO
11-29-2010, 02:51 PM
I have a Ring of Troll Regeneration.
It is very misleading, for a warforged. Let me clarify.
The ring description states that it regenerates 1hp/minute.
A warforged, though, gets nothing from it.
Either the description should say that is HEALS 1hp/minute or it should be fixed to actually REGENERATE 1hp/minute.
That's because your total healing amplification is below 100%.

Gremmlynn
11-30-2010, 01:44 AM
That's because your total healing amplification is below 100%.That or it simply worked differently 3+ years ago when the post was made.

TheDearLeader
11-30-2010, 02:12 AM
It wasn't brought back? I got one from Redwillow's Ruins months ago.

I'm wondering the same thing.

My TR Aneist has one of these from the Troll Chest in Redwillow's. I TRed him earlier this year, like... July?

Ravoc-DDO
11-30-2010, 02:16 PM
That or it simply worked differently 3+ years ago when the post was made.

lol, never noticed the necro. Well spotted! :)

Ciaran
11-30-2010, 02:23 PM
1st - The ring IS back, it drops from the troll boss close to the camp in Redwillow.

2nd -

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1004/thread-necromancy-thread-necromancy-demotivational-poster-1271554886.jpg

elraido
11-30-2010, 02:28 PM
I have thought about a build like that; Warforged
GS greater regen item
Upgraded Docent from IQ
Worldshaper mantle
Troll Regen Ring
Choas Blades or if you can't pull them go with the IQ vamp sics.
I think there were a couple other items that regen hps....but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Ziindarax
11-30-2010, 02:30 PM
1st - The ring IS back, it drops from the troll boss close to the camp in Redwillow.

2nd -

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1004/thread-necromancy-thread-necromancy-demotivational-poster-1271554886.jpg

+1 for the hilarious demotivational poster.

I think I might borrow this to use on future thread necro's.

TheDearLeader
11-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Dangit! >.< I hate when I get fooled into responding to meganecros.

All your Lawful Evil Divine Casters out there, with your level 20 Raise Thread Spells.

Ciaran
11-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Dangit! >.< I hate when I get fooled into responding to meganecros.

All your Lawful Evil Divine Casters out there, with your level 20 Raise Thread Spells.

I lol'd! +1

+1 for the hilarious demotivational poster.

I think I might borrow this to use on future thread necro's.

Danke! Borrow away, I just yanked it from a Google image search.

Asketes
11-30-2010, 02:49 PM
i looted the troll ring of regen when I was leveling permaforged as a paladin, idk about 3 weeks ago or so? (redwillow)

oh boy. this IS a necro thread.

/yawn

holfrar
11-30-2010, 02:50 PM
The sheild you get as an end reward from Chrono has regen 1hp/min

Can't see this as game breaking, 1hp a min would heal my lvl 14 dwarf fighter from 1hp to full in 6 hours 25 mins, so if you are ok with waiting.....

.....AFK whilst i regen :)

elraido
11-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Oh lord!!! I didn't even see the post dates!!!