PDA

View Full Version : Player ideas

Serpent
06-21-2007, 04:04 PM
I posted this in general and I thought it might find more participates in this forum. So have at it

It has come to my attention that many of the people who post on these forums are for lack of a better term inexperienced. That is not an insult many people can't afford to spend the time playing that others can.

What bothers me is that these players who leave post after post after post, could be possibly influencing the Devs. This too is not bad... but as a person that rarely posts I would like to offer my view point.

This is a great game but it certainly has its share of problems, ie the great lag storm of 2006 and this last +1 loot and lag weekend.

One thing I have noticed is that there is a lack of interest by high level gamers. Many people have one or 2 toons and don't really want to build another, so they instead just loot grind until that gets boring as well. (Personally not touching potp for a couple of weeks)

We need more to occupy our time instead of just a few outside areas and an occasional new quest. We need for lack of a better term substance. Here are a few of my suggestions. what I'm hoping for is that people don't flame but put some thought into the ideas and add there own maybe the developers will look and see what the community is wishing for.

1 We need extracurricular activities like crafting and gambling, something to occupy our time. A gambling hall or a foundry to build out own stuff or make our own potions. This can be accomplished by having various collectibles that we collect and then use ourselves to create item we want, power is based upon the rarity of the collectible and the quality of our craft score. This will require a reworking of the skill system but that can be done just like the feat respec, call in fred's brother Bob. I won't elaborate too much though I'll let others help me flush it out

2 What happened to the classic the party wakes in a dungeon, captive, with no gear and no spells or only a few spells adventure and they must reclaim ther gear and fight to the exit of the boss. A few quest like that would be fun adn a nice change of pace. Make then hard and optional, not part of a chain or something. That way those who want to do them can those who don't, don't have to. This idea has many variables and can be be tailored to any level. In fact make a quest that can be done at any level adn have the mobs vary depending on level chosen by the party before quest begins. This would be something new and different then just running normal, hard and elite. The quest layout could also change depending on the level chosen.

3 PVP, I'm not a fan but what about a little more structure then a bar brawl or a simple death match. offer a few more areas that are wide open, offer the options to limit spells or weps used in a deathmatch, how about a playing vs AI ctf or something of the such. The ideas are endless adn I know others must have more then mine. Make PVP into an gamble with having a set money put up by each player held by the house and the house get a small cut while the winner takes the loot. Perhaps an obstacle course to challenge more than just a players fire power. These coulds all be fun and could open up uses for spells and abilities that get ignored in the game.

4 Expand the map. Offer us a new city, just a small town with one in and a few vendors, a quarter or less the size of Stormreach. To get to this city you ahve to fight your way there, no wagon rides or teleporters. This city could be the home of a new house and have only 2 wards. Somethings to make the us move around offer some quests there to entice us. To get there the trek could be level dependent so that lower level players can go too and the mobs won't chew them up. I'm thinking of someplace bigger then the desert that has a destination. This would make the world seem bigger and more alive in my opinion.

Now I don't have all the answers but these are a few of my ideas that I have mulled over with guildies and what not. These ideas made us excited and we had many more to go along with them. I think that the rest of the players have ideas like this as well. I ask you all to share them, keep the thread polite and maybe we will be listened too.

I play quite a lot and I grind a lot of quests, I don't want to do that anymore. I want excitement like I first felt when mod 1 first came out. I think we all want that again

I ask again please keep this a positive thread and lets improve our game.

Falco_Easts
06-21-2007, 06:48 PM
2 What happened to the classic the party wakes in a dungeon, captive, with no gear and no spells or only a few spells adventure and they must reclaim ther gear and fight to the exit of the boss. A few quest like that would be fun adn a nice change of pace. Make then hard and optional, not part of a chain or something. That way those who want to do them can those who don't, don't have to. This idea has many variables and can be be tailored to any level. In fact make a quest that can be done at any level adn have the mobs vary depending on level chosen by the party before quest begins. This would be something new and different then just running normal, hard and elite. The quest layout could also change depending on the level chosen.

Love this idea. Would be keen to have a run in a dungeon like that.

3 PVP, I'm not a fan but what about a little more structure then a bar brawl or a simple death match. offer a few more areas that are wide open, offer the options to limit spells or weps used in a deathmatch, how about a playing vs AI ctf or something of the such. The ideas are endless adn I know others must have more then mine. Make PVP into an gamble with having a set money put up by each player held by the house and the house get a small cut while the winner takes the loot. Perhaps an obstacle course to challenge more than just a players fire power. These coulds all be fun and could open up uses for spells and abilities that get ignored in the game.

How about an outdoor PVP area for rangers (or anoyone who wants to have a go). Could be designed as a walled park within the city walls. Using tree's, boulders, ledges and natural terain to use your abilites. Would put a nice slant on PVP.

Whistleberry
07-03-2007, 09:10 PM
I posted this in general and I thought it might find more participates in this forum. So have at it

It has come to my attention that many of the people who post on these forums are for lack of a better term inexperienced. That is not an insult many people can't afford to spend the time playing that others can.

What bothers me is that these players who leave post after post after post, could be possibly influencing the Devs. This too is not bad... but as a person that rarely posts I would like to offer my view point.

That's interesting; I am one of those inexperienced folks myself, and I have nearly the exact opposite concern: that all the experts' suggestions on how things can be made less boring for their 70AC, all-stats-above-30 toons dual-wielding +5 vorpal paralyzers of mob slaying are making the game unplayable by anything BUT demigod characters.

Aesop
07-03-2007, 09:33 PM

This is a great game but it certainly has its share of problems, ie the great lag storm of 2006 and this last +1 loot and lag weekend.

One thing I have noticed is that there is a lack of interest by high level gamers. Many people have one or 2 toons and don't really want to build another, so they instead just loot grind until that gets boring as well. (Personally not touching potp for a couple of weeks)

We need more to occupy our time instead of just a few outside areas and an occasional new quest. We need for lack of a better term substance. Here are a few of my suggestions. what I'm hoping for is that people don't flame but put some thought into the ideas and add there own maybe the developers will look and see what the community is wishing for.

OKie Dokie lets see what ya got. :)

1 We need extracurricular activities like crafting and gambling, something to occupy our time. A gambling hall or a foundry to build out own stuff or make our own potions. This can be accomplished by having various collectibles that we collect and then use ourselves to create item we want, power is based upon the rarity of the collectible and the quality of our craft score. This will require a reworking of the skill system but that can be done just like the feat respec, call in fred's brother Bob. I won't elaborate too much though I'll let others help me flush it out

I personally hate Collective Crafting. Its too WoW for me. Now I did provide a suggestion to lmit some of the "Ultra-Rares" like Vorpals and what not... where those specifically required a schematic. Also other than that I would like to keep crafting as close to pnP as possible. Personal opinion but I know that if I end up with a WoW crafting system that it could definatley drive even me away... which would make me sad. Gambling I have no problem with especially if there was say an Arena Gladiator battle that you could bet on ... That would be neat... maybe even join and bet on yourself.

Really hard to do in this type of game... but yeah I would like to see it work well.

yeah not a PvP fan either. But this could work with the arena thingy too

4 Expand the map. Offer us a new city, just a small town with one in and a few vendors, a quarter or less the size of Stormreach. To get to this city you ahve to fight your way there, no wagon rides or teleporters. This city could be the home of a new house and have only 2 wards. Somethings to make the us move around offer some quests there to entice us. To get there the trek could be level dependent so that lower level players can go too and the mobs won't chew them up. I'm thinking of someplace bigger then the desert that has a destination. This would make the world seem bigger and more alive in my opinion.

A new city would be nice... heck it could be a big city :) say Sharn :D

Now I don't have all the answers but these are a few of my ideas that I have mulled over with guildies and what not. These ideas made us excited and we had many more to go along with them. I think that the rest of the players have ideas like this as well. I ask you all to share them, keep the thread polite and maybe we will be listened too.

I play quite a lot and I grind a lot of quests, I don't want to do that anymore. I want excitement like I first felt when mod 1 first came out. I think we all want that again

I ask again please keep this a positive thread and lets improve our game.

Aesop