PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Alignments

Snike
06-21-2007, 03:58 PM
I read that wielding a weapon you are not aligned with gives a -1 level adjust. Where does this show up at?

I have a True Nuetral Fighter and equiped a Axiomatic(lawful-aligned) and did not see any difference in stats or buff icons.

JelloMold
06-21-2007, 04:12 PM
My understanding of this is that axiomatic (lawful) and anarchic (chaotic) will not effect your neutral character. The only time you would feel it as a neutral would be if you equipped a True Law or True Chaos item.

Mad_Bombardier
06-21-2007, 04:29 PM
My understanding of this is that axiomatic (lawful) and anarchic (chaotic) will not effect your neutral character. The only time you would feel it as a neutral would be if you equipped a True Law or True Chaos item.Neutral Good and True Neutral characters cannot use True Law or True Chaos without UMD, in which case there is no negative level because you've 'fooled' the item into thinking you are that alignment.

Neutral characters can use either Axiomatic (law) or Anarchic (chaos) weapons with no penalty. Lawful characters using Anarchic and Chaotic characters using Axiomatic incur a negative level; -1 to-hit, -1 saves, -5 HP.

Snike
06-21-2007, 06:00 PM
Neutral Good and True Neutral characters cannot use True Law or True Chaos without UMD, in which case there is no negative level because you've 'fooled' the item into thinking you are that alignment.

Neutral characters can use either Axiomatic (law) or Anarchic (chaos) weapons with no penalty. Lawful characters using Anarchic and Chaotic characters using Axiomatic incur a negative level; -1 to-hit, -1 saves, -5 HP.

Thank you, explains a lot.

WolfSpirit
06-22-2007, 07:22 AM
This is why ALL my characters are Neutral Good.
For the most flexability in weapons choices...

Perhaps one day Alignment will have a greater overall effect, such as adventure restrictions or other RPG elements.

Ekental
06-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Although... minor note.

You lose 1 hit, 1 saves, and lvl HP for each negative lvl you incur.

Also, don't forget to mention the Unholy weapons.

They no longer drop, but they do indeed exist.

Missing_Minds
06-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Although... minor note.

You lose 1 hit, 1 saves, and lvl HP for each negative lvl you incur.

Also, don't forget to mention the Unholy weapons.

They no longer drop, but they do indeed exist.

Actually, you lose 2 hit, 2 saves, and 2 lvl hp for each negative level. At least that is what loss of level via enervation does. I don't have an axomatic to toss onto my fighter to double check what weapons do, but I would suspect the same code. So it really hurts, and is really WRONG as per rules.

Mad_Bombardier
06-22-2007, 01:33 PM
I'll state it again. For negative level from opposite alignment weapon, you incur -1 to-hit, -1 all saves, -5HP, (don't know about SP because a caster has no need for misaligned equipment). That's it, no more.

Negative levels from Enervation or Undead special attacks are -2 to-hit, -2 saves, more than -level HP (I have been down 72HP from 3 negative levels), and -levels SP.