PDA

View Full Version : Where do I post a thread for a new mission series idea?

Prinstoni
06-21-2007, 02:24 PM
I wrote an entire storyline and narrative for a new mission series with details, npc names, area of adventure, level, loot drops, etc. I think it would be a killer quest series, and all it would need to be is implemented.

Should I post it, or is there somewhere I can send it for developers to review? It contains details of the quest that would otherwise be learned in the quest, so I wasn't sure if I should post it or not.

Thanks.

Elfvyra
06-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Might want to post it on a fansite. The Devs really can't/won't take your ideas and use them in the game mostly due to legal reasons.

Gimpster
06-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Should I post it, or is there somewhere I can send it for developers to review? It contains details of the quest that would otherwise be learned in the quest, so I wasn't sure if I should post it or not.
You can post it anywhere you want- the devs won't use it.

Your biggest chance at getting something like that used is either
1. www.turbinejobs.com Attach it with your application as an example of your work.
2. personal conversation with a dev who already happens to be a close personal friend.

joracie
06-21-2007, 03:18 PM
THe above is probably right. if you want your stuff in the game your probably going to have to work for turbine. But hey if you are an amazing writer who knows :) Maybe they will take you :)

Edit: ya know writing quest in a game with high quality narrated quest that arny go kill 20 wolves would be a ton of fun.

Klattuu
06-21-2007, 03:34 PM
Post it in Stories and Campaigns forum.

Prinstoni
06-22-2007, 09:13 AM
Thanks guys. Yeah that is what I figured. I guess it is just a complete waste of our time even post threads, unless we are talking to other players.

I agree i would highly doubt they would ever use anything that was player written (heck i was even will to give it up for free). I figured maybe it would help motivate a direction for the devs to get new content rolling, or maybe they could use one of the ideas from it.

Oh well. Thanks again....