PDA

View Full Version : Mages Armor

neilkjos
06-20-2007, 08:40 PM
Hello, I have created my first WF wizard and when he casts mages armor with a wand it did not raise his AC on the stat page. Am I to assume that it did raise my AC by +4?? Thanks :)

Lorien_the_First_One
06-20-2007, 09:10 PM
There are a couple body types for a WF and if the body type you choose has at least a 4AC amount built in you don't get a boost from the spell (it would be no different for a fleshie that was already wearing armor when you casted the spell).

Symar-FangofLloth
06-20-2007, 09:52 PM
I sure hope you didn't make the WF with adamantine body.
Either way, Mage Armor does not stack with regular armor (or a WF's body feat/armor), making it useless to most players. And I'd take any cries of "It helps against incorporeals!" with a grain of salt, as I've seen no proof they ignore our armor to begin with. If it didn't boost your AC, it means your body has a built-in AC equal or better to Mage Armor already.

PurdueDave
06-21-2007, 01:28 AM
Mage armor is for the meatbags.:p

Huebacca
06-21-2007, 01:57 AM
mage armor doesnt stack with docents either

Missing_Minds
06-21-2007, 08:07 AM
mage armor doesnt stack with docents either

It doesn't? It should. I mean docents offer an enhancement bonus, Mage Armor is an armor bonus. Hence they should stack, if they don't, bug it.

PurdueDave
06-21-2007, 10:54 AM
It doesn't? It should. I mean docents offer an enhancement bonus, Mage Armor is an armor bonus. Hence they should stack, if they don't, bug it.

Docents provide an enhancement bonus to the armor bonus granted by WF composite plating/mithril body/adamantine body. This WF composite plate/etc. armor bonus overlaps the armor bonus from mage armor.

Mad_Bombardier
06-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Docents provide an enhancement bonus to the armor bonus granted by WF composite plating/mithril body/adamantine body. This WF composite plate/etc. armor bonus overlaps the armor bonus from mage armor.Correct. Armor Bonus includes: armor, mage armor spell, armored bracers, WF plating, and all enhancements to armor and plating from magical armor and docents.

neilkjos
06-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Wow...that was a load of info. Thanks. Well, I am a 2nd level fighter WF with adamantine armor and 1 level of wizard. So now I know that mages armor doesnt stack.

Though, now that I took one level of wizard I dont fell that he's such a great fighter anymore. He is somehow wimpified.

If I reroll him again as a straight figter will healer's friend help out the clerics so I'm not such a mana drag?

JayDubya
06-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Wow...that was a load of info. Thanks. Well, I am a 2nd level fighter WF with adamantine armor and 1 level of wizard. So now I know that mages armor doesnt stack.

Though, now that I took one level of wizard I dont fell that he's such a great fighter anymore. He is somehow wimpified.

If I reroll him again as a straight figter will healer's friend help out the clerics so I'm not such a mana drag?

Yeah. Healer's friend is very helpful.

If you want to play a wizard/fighter combo, WF is not a bad choice, but choose the Mithral body type. And spend action points on arcane fluidity so your spells fail less often.