PDA

View Full Version : About time to modify the Reaver Raid Notification

rfachini
06-19-2007, 05:12 PM
The novelty has worn off and then some... ;)

It's fine and nice to have the notification show up in the chat window, but it's just too much text to have pop up in the middle of your screen at a random time. Those random times just show up too frequently now, and usually when you're trying to concentrate on fighting. :)

Please change this with the next update. (I'd prefer chat window only, no text on screen. If for some reason many people want it to show in the middle of their screen, then please make it a settings toggle option.)

Thanks!

Citymorg
06-19-2007, 06:55 PM
/sign

Riddikulus
06-19-2007, 07:33 PM
I don't know, we have a good laugh about the folks who fail the raid when we recognize them.

But maybe just removing the middle of the screen announcement and leaving the text in your chat window would still provide some entertainment without being too obnoxious.

I think they should reserve the middle of the screen thing for admin announcements, or perhaps to alert you that a GM is trying to talk to you.

Crabo
06-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Some of the people that are failing the raid are laughing too. Laughing at the groups that need 12 to complete a raid that can be done with 2.
Pretty amazing how easy they need to make the raids now so the pnpers dont cry.

Pecky
06-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Some of the people that are failing the raid are laughing too. Laughing at the groups that need 12 to complete a raid that can be done with 2.
Pretty amazing how easy they need to make the raids now so the pnpers dont cry.
And those who can solo it are laughing at those who need two. :D

Uska
06-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Well it maybe a time for a change but it did help catch some cheaters and now they are gone.

Osharan_Tregarth
06-19-2007, 11:46 PM
I'd just like them to fix the way that the message repeats if someone pulls the lever over and over and over again....

Drfirewater79
06-20-2007, 01:54 PM
And those who can solo it are laughing at those who need two. :D

its funny yeah dont get me wrong

at the same time who gives a rats tail cause even if you feel the need to have 6 or 12 to do a raid that others have found a way to do with 2 or 1 its still better then most of the other raids that you have to do hours of pre raid requirements

personally i like the raid the way it is and if people start flaunting the fact that they can explot a bug or an ability to solo or duo the raid then they will prolly screw it for the rest of us ty for once again giving the devs a reason to mess with something that is working

i too agree that its comical when you recognize the name but really what makes me sick is when i am trying to focus on healing and i get a gleam of white print across my screen

i agree with the thread poster that it should be in dm text so if you have dm text off then nothing should turn up in the middle of your screen unless you want it too

DrAwkward
06-20-2007, 01:57 PM
I'd be happy if they just changed it to show the failures.

rivnen
06-20-2007, 02:11 PM
personally i like the raid the way it is and if people start flaunting the fact that they can explot a bug or an ability to solo or duo the raid then they will prolly screw it for the rest of us ty for once again giving the devs a reason to mess with something that is working

2 Manning reaver doesn't exploit a bug in any way, you just need to be good.

/sign -that message is getting annoying when I see 3 different raids win and 1 fail every day.