PDA

View Full Version : Pack sizes and equipment loads

Spill
06-14-2007, 09:01 PM
I know it will never happen. But....

I hate the pack sizes and the loads of equipment we can run around with. I see in general discussion that peeps are saying running with less then 30 pots is crazy... I say try running with 30 pots.

Just think tho if a toon had a backpack max of 10 small, 5 medium, 1 large object. a belt pouch with 5 small/1 med. etc. If big weapons (bows/2handers/large xbows) had to be slung over sholders (with animation) and there was room for just one. Medium weapons needed belt sheaths (2 max) and smaller weapons had boot/belt/bandeleer straps we would have a much cooler looking, more realistic game.

Hey!!.. maybe looting would be much diffrent and the economy too. "Gee I cant carry all this loot I had better get back to town before i run for the third time"

and

"well my sword broke so i pulled out my boot dagger to finnish him off".

Maybe i would hear... "that was my last dang healing potion, hope i get one next chest drop coz my chest hurts"

What would be priceless... "...that pouch was chock full with bull dung"

Maybe we could get real honest pack mules of the 4 legged variety.... they make nice steaks for kobolds. :rolleyes:

I know its a fantasy game and MMOs have set the precident. I just wanted to highlight (winge about) it. I know Im lame and dont deserve to play a MMO.. Ill go back to PnP after my nap.

A_Sheep
06-14-2007, 09:14 PM
I think we need more "space" not in our backpacks and less space in our backpacks.

Truthfully, I prefer a challenge, so anything that makes this game harder (but not more consumable-oriented) would be nice for me.

query
06-15-2007, 04:44 AM
for when we accidently put that bag of holding in the portable hole.....

Oh look, a character slot just opened up.

SaberMonkey
06-15-2007, 08:39 AM
I wouldn't be tottaly against this but we would need HUGE amounts of bank space or perhaps a "dwelling" to store it in. *hint, hint* :D

Forceonature
06-15-2007, 09:08 AM
To loosely quote Mythbusters (and whomever originally said it):

"I reject your reality and substitute it with one of my own."

I don't want a "realistic" game. I want a "fantasy" game. That means spells, wierd monsters, multiple sentient mythical races, etc. And large pack sizes.

Mourning_Star
06-15-2007, 09:20 AM

too funny!!

iamsamoth0
06-15-2007, 02:10 PM
My request would be that we could break it open like the chat dialog, then put them in any order we wanted. Even if it didn't 'break' apart. If we could simply click on the tab hold and move it.

Someone /sign this idea, puh-lez!

iamsamoth0
06-16-2007, 12:17 AM
Someone please tell me that was a good idea. I think it was. And wish they would incorparate(sp?) it into the game...

Uska
06-16-2007, 01:42 AM
Someone please tell me that was a good idea. I think it was. And wish they would incorparate(sp?) it into the game...

It is a good idea and I wish they would incorperate it into the game. Happy now? Well it is a good idea.

Symar-FangofLloth
06-16-2007, 01:52 AM
I think some more sized-based management is due- where greatswords take up more space and spell components and collectibles take up next to nothing. That said, we need more bank space! :D

iamsamoth0
06-16-2007, 01:37 PM
I am justified in existing.

TY!

Spill
06-17-2007, 08:12 PM
I wouldn't be tottaly against this but we would need HUGE amounts of bank space or perhaps a "dwelling" to store it in. *hint, hint* :D

and locks and traps to keep rouges at bay.... :D

now we are talking emersive DND MMO.

One of my fav PNP mods was home cooked, based on the tower of a high level character of the DMs.

Guild raids.. now theres a gauntlet to be thrown down :D

Ishturi
06-17-2007, 09:27 PM

That's why you stick the portable hole behind the king's chair, then charm a servant to drop the bag in it. :eek:

Nott
06-18-2007, 11:32 AM
This is a game. Convenience > Reality.

iamsamoth0
06-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Thinks that the idea of shifting pages kinda like the chat menu would be a good idea?