PDA

View Full Version : Persistent group for new content? (Newbies welcome)

dave3573
05-30-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm a relative newbie (PNP experience from way back, but DDO is my first MMO and I've been on for less than a month). I've done a a chunk of solo (L2 Ranger/L1 Rogue) and some PUG, but I find that being the only guy on the team who hasn't been through the quest a dozen times before takes a lot of the fun out; folks moving so fast half the time I'm just running as fast as I can just to keep up. (I know there are some "we take it slow guilds", but it's going to take some of the fun out for others to let the newbie wander aimlessly when they know where they want to go. ) Plus, I have zero interest in helping group decisions because they're all based on foreknowlege. ("Are we going to go get the underwater chest this time?" "Um, there's an underwater chest?")

So.... Any interest out there in a group like this:

- Persistent group, probably under the dedicated teams banner on Sarlona
- After running some of the starting quests, we switch to the new content coming in June for levels 2-7
- Folks agree they will run the new content first with the dedicated team. After they've run it once with the dedicated team, they can run it with any other group. (It may be that due to other commitments we allow *occasional* exceptions, but anyone who's been "polluted" by other experiences plays follower, not tour guide). Basically, this gives a party that is all fresh for a given quest, so we can not only explore together but also jointly decide how to approach the decisions and curves thrown us by the quest.
- Probably once a week, although I could get talked into twice a week if there was sufficient interest. Weds/Thurs nights are best for me, but negotiable.
- General style - non-rush, take it slow (rogues and rangers get to scout, etc.), do the optionals.
- Somewhere around what I would term "light" roleplaying. Not sure how that term will be interpreted on this forum, but what I mean is that there isn't a strict "min/maxing" of the builds to optimize every possible aspect (if I'm a dwarf, I want to carry an axe, darn it, not the latest thing I picked up with 0.5 HP higher average damage) but instead characters that seem to "make sense" and may favor "fun" over optimization, and maybe some minor backstories/quirks, but still focused on quests as opposed to, say, spending a half hour in the tavern dancing with each other ;-) Oh, and open commo - whether text or voice chat, free discussion of the tactical situation. Yeah, the rogue might be 60' in the front, but who's to say he/she can't sneak back, brief us, and then return? And why take the time to actually do that?

So, would anyone be interested in this?

thalion
06-05-2007, 05:18 PM
"...spending a half hour in the tavern dancing with each other..."

OK, now that is just plain silly, Taverns are for Drinking!

noneill
06-06-2007, 07:06 AM
Dave, if you are looking for something to do until you get your group off the ground we have a Tuesday night team that is level 4. We are full but are going to have a spot open for a while as various members need to take time off here and there. We would have a spot for the next 2 weeks for sure.

Check out our thread:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=90377

Our style matches yours pretty well I would think.

Celebrochan
06-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Do you intend on not doing old content? (well besides water works which you have to do to get into the market)

dave3573
06-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Do you intend on not doing old content? (well besides water works which you have to do to get into the market)

Intent would be to focus on newer content that is, well, new to people. I wouldn't rule out running some of the older content if the team wants to, just not as a primary activity. Of course, if the new content (targeted at levels 2-7) isn't "broad" enough for the team to level enough to make it all the way through, we might be forced to run existing content to level the team.

Of course, anything is subject to discussion by the team that assembles. I'm trying to organize this team but I don't view that once going I have any more vote than any other member.

So far, I've got one person who is very interested in this style of play. Not sure what the minimum is, but I'm guessing if we get two more we'd have a viable start.

dave3573
06-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Dave, if you are looking for something to do until you get your group off the ground we have a Tuesday night team that is level 4. We are full but are going to have a spot open for a while as various members need to take time off here and there. We would have a spot for the next 2 weeks for sure.

Check out our thread:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=90377

Our style matches yours pretty well I would think.

Thanks for the offer, but I have a standing Tuesday engagement.

Celebrochan
06-07-2007, 10:37 AM
**Expresses tenative interest in playing in a Thursday night game**

DarkAnya
07-19-2007, 04:31 AM
I am interested as well. Not sure how recent the availability is though...

dave3573
07-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Sorry for the delay, haven't been on the boards for a bit. I'd still be interested if we could get a group. We now have five poeple that have expressed interested (counting you and me) over the course of a couple months so if they're all still interested we could probably go. I'll PM everyone and see where they're at.

And of course if anyone else is reading this and interested (read the first post to see what kind of group) this is the perfect time to chime in!

dave3573
07-25-2007, 08:53 PM
OK, I PM'ed two folks, but Celebrochan isn't accepting incoming PMs.

So... (Stands on rooftop and shouts)
Celebrochan! You still interested?

Ilontu
08-01-2007, 04:33 PM
I might be interested if you still have a spot open. I just started playing the game last week, and haven't done anything in the marketplace yet beyond leveling/action point expenditure.

What time do you guys play at and what's your party composition?

Shoal
08-01-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm interested in your group. Is there room for a rogue/fighter or pure rogue at this point?

Bamff
08-01-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm interested but I'm also interested in the old content. I'm not one to care about running anything several times. I like the idea that there are new people in the place for the first time, even if I've done it 30 times.

You mentioned wed or thurs, but what time and time zone?