PDA

View Full Version : Problem with ranged combat

Zynj
05-23-2007, 04:15 PM
I just started playing not too long ago. I played at release, but not for very long.

Alot has changed and I never played as a Ranger until now.

Here's my issue:

I tab target an enemy, I switch to my bow and then I hit attack to initiate autoattack.

I see arrows flying and arrows are being taken out of my inventory, but I only see dice rolls every so often. I don't get the scrolling combat misses or damage numbers.

So basically it boils down to me shooting and lossing arrows, but they don't seem to be getting rolled as attacks.

Anyone else notice this?

This happens alot to me. At first I thought I was just missing alot, but I've got 18 Dex and I'm doing quests on solo.

Hokiewa
05-23-2007, 04:19 PM
This issue has been around for quite some time. I saw it today in fact.

<shrug>

MeNorel
This is an issue that has been brought up several times to the Dev's as well as the fact that Improved percise Shot available to rangers at lvl 11 does not work when auto attack is engaged.

Although it has not been documented by the dev's as a "know issue" except in the fact that Shots do not register on Pillars in the Titan quest when auto attack i engaged.

But maybe this will be the lucky post that actually gets the attention of the Dev's on the issue.

X-fingers:rolleyes:

Jorval
It's a known issue with dozens of threads about it in the Ranger, General Discussion, Development Discussion and Risia forums. Do a search and you'll find all the info you need about it.

Having played ranged characters since the start, I can say that it happens a lot less if you don't use Auto-Attack and you wait for a hit to register (or not) on the mob before shooting again. Other than that, not much else to do.

Zynj
05-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

This seems like a pretty common thing. It happens to me everytime I pull out my bow and use auto attack.

I'll try to attack manually.

Just out of curiosity, how long has this been an issue?

And if it's been that long, why no official word on it?

Jorval
05-23-2007, 04:52 PM
It's been around in it's current version since 3.3. The devs have acknowledged the problem, but have been unable to consistently duplicate or isolate the problem. They've said multiple times every bit of information helps to narrow it down, but they haven't been able to solve it yet. Items only make the known issues threads when they know how to solve them and will be doing so shortly.

Judge
05-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah, its even worse for Heavy Repeaters. Its very lame to see the server greedily gobble down 1/5 to 2/3 of your ammunition at random. Yet another reason melee has become the only way to go for many players.

captain1
05-23-2007, 05:21 PM
its even worse when it eats your returning arrows

Missing_Minds
05-24-2007, 06:31 AM
It's been around in it's current version since 3.3. The devs have acknowledged the problem, but have been unable to consistently duplicate or isolate the problem. They've said multiple times every bit of information helps to narrow it down, but they haven't been able to solve it yet. Items only make the known issues threads when they know how to solve them and will be doing so shortly.

No. try 3.0 for when the issue actually started (back when they "fixed" the quick attack exploit). 4.0 just added in the improved precise shot issue with auto attack.

When you consider that fighting in this game consists of 3 things, melee, spells, ranged attacks, and 1 of them is broken, you have only a 66% working system. That is pretty shotty.

barecm
05-24-2007, 06:37 AM
Actually, the issue was posted as a 'known issue" on 10/25/06 as has yet to be resolved. Yes, 7 months ago. No mention of what the fix is and when. There is a separate issue with auto-attack and improved precise shot. Cathy of QA has responded to some of the correspondance on this issue, but again, no resolution nor any time frame has been given. Maybe check back in a few months or so and see how its going... :rolleyes:

Ulfr
05-24-2007, 06:38 AM
I'm still stuck on the manual attack habit forced on me by the IPS atuo-attack bug of Mod 4.0. I didn't see any disappearing arrows last night, so it may just be an autoattack thing.

Shyver
05-24-2007, 08:32 AM
The auto attack/improved precise shot issue was fixed with yesterdays update. It works correctly again. However, the missing attack rolls and the invinsible moving mobs are still very much alive.

Lowe_Down
05-24-2007, 01:41 PM
For the Turbine employee who reads this: ELEVATE THE ISSUE AND GET IT FIXED. What are YOUR questions???

Codog
05-28-2007, 01:30 PM
So basically it boils down to me shooting and lossing arrows, but they don't seem to be getting rolled as attacks.

Anyone else notice this?

I certainly have noticed this. I'm currently working this issue which turns out to be a number of different issues. I will be rolling out some improvements over time so that we start seeing fewer and fewer of these "misses" that are not misses. Until we get all of the known issues straightened out, your continued patience is appreciated.

If you are "missing" more than 1 in 6 shots, it might be helpful to us if you could post some information. We know there are synchronization issues with repeating crossbows (in fixing the other sychronization issues these should be addressed as well), so please don't post builds with those particular setups.

Please post the following information:

Race/Gender
Classes
Specific bow/crossbow/thrown weapons
Specific feats that enhance ranged combat
Specific enhancements that affect ranged combat
All of your equipped gear
Whether or not you have haste items in particular I am interested in.

Thanks and best regards,

Codog

PS. Happy Memorial Day!

GramercyRiff
05-28-2007, 02:13 PM
I certainly have noticed this...

Thanks for letting us know you guys are aware of this...and on a holiday at that.

Kisaragi
05-28-2007, 03:22 PM
I certainly have noticed this. I'm currently working this issue which turns out to be a number of different issues. I will be rolling out some improvements over time so that we start seeing fewer and fewer of these "misses" that are not misses. Until we get all of the known issues straightened out, your continued patience is appreciated.

If you are "missing" more than 1 in 6 shots, it might be helpful to us if you could post some information. We know there are synchronization issues with repeating crossbows (in fixing the other sychronization issues these should be addressed as well), so please don't post builds with those particular setups.

Race/Gender
Classes

Thanks and best regards,

Codog

PS. Happy Memorial Day!

Races I've experienced on human, drow, and warforged. Male
Classes I've experienced it with Clerics, Rogues, Sorcerers, Wizards, Fighters, Barbarians, and Fighters.
I've experienced it with a variety of ranged weaponry including; Shortbows, longbows, throwing daggers, throwing axes, and throwing hammers.
It's affected low level characters, medium level characters, and high level characters, so I don't believe equipment is the cause of it. Especially given since equipment changes quite a bit over the career.
No haste items on my characters.

On a side note, I seem to miss without missing on the same characters that also get the cannot 'attack' bug where they can't attack without turning on auto attack. Of course that one affects all my characters. It's a lot more noticable if you have a ranged weapon on and have auto-attack enabled.

Joarl
05-28-2007, 06:37 PM
... so that we start seeing fewer and fewer of these "misses" that are not misses. Until we get all of the known issues straightened out, your continued patience is appreciated.

If you are "missing" more than 1 in 6 shots, it might be helpful to us if you could post some information. ...

Race/Gender
Classes

I have bugged this plenty of times. I lose 1 attack out of every 2 or 3 attack animations. They are actually lost attacks. No dice roll, no combat log entry, no miss or numbers over the monsters head. I usually notice this most on auto-attack although I think I see it on manual attack too (but that is harder to confirm for me).

Joarl (Chaotic Good) - level 14 - Ghallandra
Human/Male
Every bow (usually Silver Longbow but also my banisher, wounder, etc.)
Feats - All Ranger Feats up to 14, Point Blank Shot/Dodge/Mobility/Shot-on-the-Run, Improved Critical Ranged.
Enhancements - FE: Attack II, FE: Damage:1, FE: Defense:III, FE: Resistance:III
Gear - Dustless Boots, Bramble-Casters, Mithral Chain Shirt, Iron Manicles, Reaver Ring, +3 Sturdy Deneth Arrows.
I don't have any haste items and I am usually not hasted when this happens.

Please come and see Joarl in Ghallandra if you need it duplicated. It happens to me all the time and it is really starting to get under my skin. I estimate it is costing me 20 to 30% of my shots (no exageration)! I really hate it when it happens during Many Shot!

Thanks. :)

Missing_Minds
05-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Race/Gender: Human male
Classes: 2nd lvl barbarian
Specific bow/crossbow/thrown weapons: stack of 20, standard +1 throwing stars.
Specific feats that enhance ranged combat: NONE
Specific enhancements that affect ranged combat: NONE
All of your equipped gear: +2 heavy darkwood shield, +2 flametouched breastplate, circlet of shield (3 clicky), disease immunity necklace, bottle of air, cloak of resistance (relfex), boots of jump (1), ring of lesser false life. NO items of haste at all.

In the 2nd part of water works, from the top level of the prison area I wanted to to kill a few lower lvl kobolds before walking around to get there. (I don't like to just drop in). A kobold warrior and I started to exchange shots. Neither of us were moving from our respective spots. I threw 13 times but only had 9 dice rolls. (the rolls were 7,1,3,1,18,12,13,12,20) The interesting thing I've never noticed or could notice before was the FACT I counted 13 throws, but I still had 11 out of the 20 stars left.

I believe I had auto attack on.

NJDaniels
05-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Something new as of 4.1 I noticed, not sure if anyone else has.. with repeaters you sometimes take 1 shot, reload, then take 2 shots, and reload again. Anyone else have this issue?

Shima-ra
05-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Did you notice that mobs are very good at hitting you precisely when you run sideways to dodge what is flying at you?
No matter if its arrows, acid spit or rocks; it is very hard to dodge projectiles.

But when it comes to my Super Marksman Sniper with her greater turtle bane and +40 to hit: She cant hit a turtle walking sideways because she just shoots like an idiot where the turtle was.

I kinda feel cheated on that one.

Even if they get little love, rangers are still really awsome ;)

Spookydodger
05-28-2007, 11:24 PM
NPC archers fire faster, on average, than PC archers.

Yes, if the target has above a 15-20% sideways speed (based off normal movement speed, 100% being if they were running perpendicular to the line between you and them), then you'll miss entirely with no roll at all. This seems to have something to do with missing the model, even if you are targetted. The only way to get around this, I have found, is to manually aim and lead the target.

Missing animations: I have experienced it in every build regardless of gender, race, bonuses, or items.

There is a definite animation issue versus firing time issue. This becomes more pronounced the faster the user is firing. It seems largely to do with when the shot is being reported to the server and then a response sent back to the user. This lag-time can be anywhere up to 5 seconds, but typically in the 1-3 seconds range.

Codog, if you let me know, I volunteer to be your diligent guinea pig. I'll sit there for hours and test it out till I'm blue in the face if it gives you the information you need. Either to be shot at, or to shoot :P

Spectralist
05-29-2007, 12:07 AM
If you are "missing" more than 1 in 6 shots, it might be helpful to us if you could post some information.
I found a way of reliably recreating it to miss almost exactly every other shot. It seems to be tied to BaB/Ranged attack speed.

With a lvl3 Halfling, male, pure ranger. With Rapid shot of course, and a +2 composite longbow, hitting auto attack will miss almost always, every second shot(every 5 or 6 shots you get 2 consecutive hits). Also, with manual attack I can reproduce it with almost exactly the same results. So long as i queue my attacks before i have completely finished the reload animation... Indeed the longer i allow the reload animation to go the higher chance that the attack will get the die roll correctly, as where if i click attack directly after loosing my previous arrow i will get no die roll almost every time(assuming i had a die roll last attack animation).

The interesting part is, when i leveled to 4 the issue seemed to become far more scarce(and random), despite no change in gear or ranged attack feats. Even so, from 4 to 7 i have had this problem almost never, so long as i wait until my reload animation is completely done(and usually a couple milliseconds after that, for good measure;)) before clicking attack again. If i do not wait(or if i use auto attack), there is a good chance i will get no die roll, or that the die roll will be very out-of-sync with the time my arrow lands, like 3-5 seconds out of sync.

Hope that helps. Good luck in fixing it.

ETA:
All my testing of that was done standing perfectly still, while firing at perfectly still targets.
My 2 chosen feats were weapon focus pierce, and finesse. I doubt they have anything to do with it, but what do i know :D.

GeneralDiomedes
05-29-2007, 12:30 AM
The choice is yours .. carpal tunnel or kills.

kailus
05-29-2007, 07:40 AM
Race/Gender
Classes

Race/Gender Male Dwarf, Male Halfling, Male Drow
Classes Dward Barb, Halfling Theif, Drow Wizard
... +2 or any throwing Ax, Any enhanced Hvy Repeater, Wands, Wands Wands, and light repeaters. Oh and I lose more than 1 in 6 healing potions frequently.
Specific feats that enhance ranged combat... no feats other than repeater feat.
Specific enhancements that affect ranged combat.. Dwarf has all Ax enhancements available at lvl 6. Others have none.
All of your equipped gear.... nothing special, in common tween the 3.
No hasted items, not even striding boots.

barecm
05-29-2007, 08:33 AM

Race/Gender
Classes

Thanks and best regards,

Codog

PS. Happy Memorial Day!

While I am grateful to know that something is being worked on, is there any way to let us know when we should expect a fix for this or at least what progress has been made? Ranged combat has been broken in one way shape or form since the outset of this game. It would be nice to have it working sometime soon. The customer base obvoiusly (by evidence of all the threads) wants to know beyond "we are working on it" what the heck is going on here. This particular piece, the de-synch, has been reported and posted within the "known issues" threads for over 7 months!!

Elfvyra
05-29-2007, 08:39 AM
Did you notice that mobs are very good at hitting you precisely when you run sideways to dodge what is flying at you?
No matter if its arrows, acid spit or rocks; it is very hard to dodge projectiles.

But when it comes to my Super Marksman Sniper with her greater turtle bane and +40 to hit: She cant hit a turtle walking sideways because she just shoots like an idiot where the turtle was.

I kinda feel cheated on that one.

Even if they get little love, rangers are still really awsome ;)

You do know that you don't have to 'target' a mob to hit it, don't you? So, yes. You can shoot where you think your target will be, not where it was, if it's moving. All it takes is practice and some actual skill. Unlike melee combat, which just requires a strong mouse to withstand the constant hammering.... ;)

Ken_Dorak
05-29-2007, 08:48 AM
All I can say ...

Is FINALLY, we get some sort of update on what's going on with this.

Thank you.

Kadagan
05-29-2007, 09:18 AM
Ok... I've counted it off and I'm not getting hits on about 1 in 5 shots... below is my information

Race/Gender: Elf, Female

Classes: Fighter 1, Ranger 4, Rogue 1

Specific bow/crossbow/thrown weapons: Silver Bow

Specific feats that enhance ranged combat: Rapid Shot, Point Blank Shot

Specific enhancements that affect ranged combat: Elven Ranged Attack and Damage 1

I have haste potions but I'm not drinking them when the problem happens. I haven't tested it while hasted.
Puzzle Cap
Lesser boots of striding and springing
arrows (mundane)
trapblast goggles
+4 mith full plate
Cloven Jaw War Beads
Moog's Orniment
Black Wolfskin Cloak
Ogre power belt (+2) of lesser false life
Dexterous Ring (+2)
Beserker Bracers

David_Edwards
05-29-2007, 09:47 AM

Race/Gender
Classes

Thanks and best regards,

Codog

PS. Happy Memorial Day!

Finally, I have bu reported this in the Titan Raid where there are missing shots on the tops of the pillars.

elmerius
05-29-2007, 10:16 AM
My ranger experiences this problem A LOT (level 14)

Elven / Female /
Ranger 14
+1 Wounding Composite Longbow Of Pure Good
+3 Holy COmposite Lonbgow of Pure Good
Tortured

Precise Shot / IMproved pRecision Shot

No haste items. I will update this as I find more information

parvo
05-29-2007, 12:06 PM
I'm still stuck on the manual attack habit forced on me by the IPS atuo-attack bug of Mod 4.0. I didn't see any disappearing arrows last night, so it may just be an autoattack thing.

I concur. I've been playing a Ranger all weekend and I'm quite proud of the work they have done to fix the issues. I don't use auto attack and I haven't noticed any tripple shots or missing attacks. Good job Codog.

MtnLion
05-29-2007, 01:48 PM
No. try 3.0 for when the issue actually started (back when they "fixed" the quick attack exploit). 4.0 just added in the improved precise shot issue with auto attack.

When you consider that fighting in this game consists of 3 things, melee, spells, ranged attacks, and 1 of them is broken, you have only a 66% working system. That is pretty shotty.

Quite correct on inception.

Right, wrong, right. 3 things, melee, spells, ranged, and two are broken, spells (continued nerfs), and ranged (nerfs and maybe broken and don't know how to fix it).

joker_fx
06-06-2007, 09:27 AM
I have this bug on every char i have, *this is no joke* Every other shot with any ranged weapon is a "non attack" no roll, nothing, every other shot, everytime.... so it take me 2 attacks to make 1 real attack.

Auto attack on or off makes no diffrence. it's allway every other attack, on any char "even new chars" :mad:

Mad_Bombardier
06-07-2007, 05:32 PM

Please post the following information:Codog,

It strikes again and is worse (in my experience) with thrown weapons.

Halfling/Male
1Fighter (Rank 3)
20 Throwing Axes
Quick Draw, WF:Thrown
Halfling Thrown Damage I
Starter gear, no Haste.

Tested in "The Jorn Family Crypt." 1 in 3 throws was missing (killed only 12/20 spiders with a stack of 20 axes, and all but one was a 1-hit kill). 7 attacks out of 20 throws were missing. Axe throw animation, axe expended from inventory, no combat dice.

Xalted_Vol
06-07-2007, 07:12 PM
whaaaaaa?:)

iamsamoth0
06-07-2007, 07:38 PM
when they changed the reload animation sequence. I started playing late last year, Oct. or so. It never was much of an issue, then after some update in which they 'improved' the reload animation, is when I began to notice it. But, unlike some of the other posters here, it affects every character I have, anytime they use a bow or crossbow. Less so, with the returners that I use, I never use throw away ammo. I had become accustomed to running, stopping, waiting for the reload animation, while turning, then letting fly. I had almost no issue then, as I say, it only cropped up when they changed to the run and gun version they have now. Now I just fire very deliberately and at a slower pace.

Partymaker
09-19-2007, 04:50 AM
Is it really THAT hard to fix?

I mean...range is broken since MOD3, almost a year ago... now this post is "already" 4 months old... and we still don't have any fix? Worst, not a word on it since then.

I just can't say how I feel about this or I would litterally blow up the infraction code :D

There isn't a billion possibilities for this game, there's only 3: caster, melee or range. So wake up Turbine, 33% of the game is broken since November 2006... :mad:

Spookykid
09-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Played my dwarf ranger 7 , fighter 1 last night and it was really really bad.
Never seen it this bad, not sure if it was lag or not but I did seem to have more lag than normal.

rpasell
09-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Played my dwarf ranger 7 , fighter 1 last night and it was really really bad.
Never seen it this bad, not sure if it was lag or not but I did seem to have more lag than normal.

It does seem worse as of late. The past week I've really noticed it since I played my ranged Ranger for the first time in a while.

Race/Gender: Halfling/Male

Classes: Lvl 14 Ranger

Specific bow/crossbow/thrown weapons: +2 Curse spewing Longbow of Pure Good, +1 Banishing Long Bow

Specific feats that enhance ranged combat: All Auto Ranger Feats to 14, Imp Crit Ranged, Point Blank Shot
Specific enhancements that affect ranged combat: None (Unless you count Ranger Dex I and II)
All of your equipped gear: A Something Robe of Heavy Fort, +6 Str Belt, +5 Dex Gloves, Dustless Boots, Sandstorm Goggles, +4 Con Ring, Mummified Bat, +4 Wis Ring, Nightforge Darkhelm, +5 Prot Cloak, Can't remember what my bracers are. Amulet of the Storm Reaver

Whether or not you have haste items in particular I am interested in.: Happened hasted with pots, or without.

Specifically happened while standing still in the split rock next to the elemental chest in the desert while firing at the Elder Air Elementals, and Whirling Ozann. It seemed almost every other attack animation was an unregistered attack so it was probably actually every third. Hasted sometimes I could get 2 animations in a row without a registered attack.

Yshkabibble
09-19-2007, 01:26 PM
Quite honestly I think they have just given up on ranged combat. How many bows are there in the loot tables (granted we have not seen the loot for the new raid). But thats 4 raids and 0 bows. I could be wrong but I don't think that there are even any bows available in the mod 5 stuff coming out.

rpasell
09-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Quite honestly I think they have just given up on ranged combat. How many bows are there in the loot tables (granted we have not seen the loot for the new raid). But thats 4 raids and 0 bows. I could be wrong but I don't think that there are even any bows available in the mod 5 stuff coming out.

There is a new Bow of the Elements (ice) +5 icy burst of precision for sure in Mod 5 don't know if there are others

Grimdiegn
09-25-2007, 05:21 PM

Race/Gender
Classes

Thanks and best regards,

Codog

PS. Happy Memorial Day!

I'm working on a Ranged char and I get the fire with ammo lost. I get no die roll or text almost every other shot with auto attack on. I don't get this if I self target and manually shoot, timing my shots to when the animation ends.

Getting point blank shot and rapid shot did nothing to stop the bug.

I have to fight using a sword and shield most of the time. :/

WF/male
Ranger1 / Wiz1 / Fighter1
+1 frost longbow
normal arrows
As a first level ranger and wizard I had only Bow strength to help ranged
At Fighter 1, gained point blank shot and rapid shot
No enhancements that help ranged
Gear: +2 docent/Founders helm/+1 Natural AC necklace/Goggles of +3 spot/+1 INT trinket/Witchdoctors cloak/Gloves of Dex+1/Bracers of Str +1/+1 con belt/+5% striding ring/Boots of jumping +3
Not using any haste items

GAULSTON
10-14-2007, 01:12 AM
My ranger is a human male heavy repeatin crossbow user. I share the same frustrations as others who are experiencing the bugged ranged combat system. Not sure if the required information is at all needed though, since nearly the entire ranged combat community is having the same problems. Don't think these bugs pertain to a particular race, gender, class, feats taken, etc.

One of the feats I took was rapid reload. Not sure which ranged feats work with which weapons. I have heard speculations and timed trials from other players that they do not speed up shot or reload times for heavy repeaters. I tried researchin the issue via online support. I did not find the answer I was lookin for in the knowledge base, so I requested some1 respond to my question: Does the Rapid Reload feat apply to repeating crossbows, even tho the description says: You reload a crossbow faster than normal. It provides no benefit to reload rates of bows or thrown weapons. Prerequisite: Simple Weapon Proficiency: Light Crossbow:confused: I had recieved an E-Mail from some1 at turbine, some time ago, who responded saying that rapid reload did apply to repeaters. Oh how I wish I would not have deleted that E-Mail. The knowledge base ID# = 202.

This is only part of the problem, not only is the knowledge base vague, but also the ranged combat feat descriptions in the DDO compendium, and the online game manual. I took rapid reload early on, thinkin it would help, but not sure at all. It would be tremendously helpful if the game manual, knowledge base, and compendium were updated on a regular basis.

Secondly, please don't leave us in the dark. We want to be continually reminded that this bug is getting elevated attention. Weekly development activities are a great place to let us know whats happenin with ranged combat. Even if it says: Ranged Combat: still working out the bugs, keep yer pants on. I would be happy with that, it's better than silence.
It's nice to know that you are aware of the bug, just please keep us posted.

Here are some more threads on the issue that I found:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=122142
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=124035
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=118607
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=122946
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=119021
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=116058

Codog, keep up the good work and be patient with our frustrated fumes. An update from time to time will subdue the the flames. It's just that we've been playin a very long time with this known bug, and seen many new improvements added to the game which took precedence over fixing this bug. We are eagerly awaitin yer response, or somethin in the weekly dev activities.

Arianrhod
10-14-2007, 09:30 AM
It's particularly annoying that the "player-side workaround" for this (not using auto-attack & waiting for a hit to register before firing another shot) really slows down the rate of fire...imagine the outcry if meleers had to do that, /sigh.

FrostBeard
12-18-2007, 08:11 PM
So i guess the question on everyones mind is whens it all getting fixed?

I have a level 3 halfling fighter using repeater light/heavy crossbows

I have issues with auto attack on and getting no dice rolls or registered misses/hits in the log.

Also on FEATS:

rapid reload - makes no difference to reloading speed.

rapid shot - makes no difference to rate of fire.

Increase the size of bolts and arrows to 1000 instead of 100.

usually i have to hold almost 2 full inventory pages of bolts on me all the time, which is crazy.

casters get to hold 1000 spell components in one backpack slot, why cant we?

Kire
12-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Sorry if this has been said:

If you have played Mod 6 on Risia you can notice that this bug is resolved. Next time you play try to see your arrows. Turn your camera angle and look to see if you can see them leave your bow. You can't. In mod 6 you can. I ran in a circle shooting on my ranger in mod 6 and got maybe 2 no rolls, and on those i could see the arrow actually miss the target. It would fly past their head.

~Kire

Khyron
01-31-2008, 12:28 PM
Sorry if this has been said:

If you have played Mod 6 on Risia you can notice that this bug is resolved.

~Kire

Well.. Mod 6 is out. I took my ranged rouge out for a test drive... Oh well, maybe it'll get fixed eventually looks like it's still broke still just wasting arrows.

Ironwind
01-31-2008, 12:44 PM
I concur that the ranged issue remains broken.