PDA

View Full Version : "The Clerics are coming, The Clerics are coming"

emsteiner
05-10-2007, 06:55 AM
Greetings and salutations,

I would like to annouce that a new dedicated game group will be starting on Monday nights. This new group will be dedicated to showing the citizens of Stormreach the true power of the cleric. I would like us to be a group of all Clerics or Multiclass Clerics. We all know that before they became men or women of god they did other things in there lives (ie. the rogue who saw the error of his ways...) I would like us to have a start time of 9:30pm est as this allows me to put my kids to bed and keeps the wife aggro down. I would like to set a tentative start date of June 4th.

Rules of the Team
No twinking is allowed however the chuch did not send us to Stormreach with out funds to start our mission. Each member is allowed to start with 1k pp. This will allow us to buy the proper items needed to start our mission (ie. scrolls,potions and spell componets).

Light roleplaying is encouraged but not mandatory.

With these dedicated characters we will only play on the team's designated day (other than inventory or catching up and we do occasionally find ourselves running.

So if anyone is interested please feel free to shoot me a PM.

emsteiner
05-16-2007, 06:34 AM
bump

thalion
05-17-2007, 03:13 PM
I did expect to see some applications in here?

Where is that once common street padfoot who now wishes to devote himself to the order, that hardened battle cleric to stand on the front line, and the note from the priest that has toiled long and hard to become the best turning focused undead machine there is here in Stormreach!

BTW ( I have no idea what I'm talking about, but it sounds good :o )

Impaqt
05-17-2007, 03:44 PM
First.. No One reads this forum....

Second, What server?

Third: All Pure Cleric builds or is MC allowed?

Uska
05-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Would love to but alas I work nights.

emsteiner
05-18-2007, 07:10 AM
We are on Sarlona and yes you can multi Class. Now that I think of it all cleric's did something else before they found their calling as a Man of God. However your main focus must be that of a Cleric.

Symar-FangofLloth
05-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Oooh, so you're going to have a clr8/rog6, and a clr11/pal3, and a clr8/fgt6, and a clr8/wiz6, and a full blown cleric for the heck of it. Hehe. I'd join up, but too busy as it is.

Impaqt
05-18-2007, 06:22 PM
We are on Sarlona and yes you can multi Class. Now that I think of it all cleric's did something else before they found their calling as a Man of God. However your main focus must be that of a Cleric.

What exactly IS the main focus of a cleric?
WOuld the Holy Destroyer build in my SIg QUalify? If so I could see myself joining this group.....

emsteiner
05-19-2007, 06:24 AM
yes the majority of his lvls are Cleric

emsteiner
05-19-2007, 06:28 AM
Updated

Serpentress
05-19-2007, 06:55 AM
bummer, that would actually be kind of nifty, but i'm on Xoriat :(
Be kind of hard to participate in it, unless you're doin' lowbies also, send me a pm and lemme know.

ShadowFox1978
05-21-2007, 10:23 AM
bummer, that would actually be kind of nifty, but i'm on Xoriat :(
Be kind of hard to participate in it, unless you're doin' lowbies also, send me a pm and lemme know.

I am guessing this is a new team under the Dedicated Teams guild banner on Sarlona. If they stick to their usual practices, all chracters would start at level 1 and level together. (Not sure how they will handle Drow/32 point builds for those that have them available on Sarlona.)

emsteiner
05-21-2007, 12:41 PM
32 poin tbuilds and drow are welcome to join and yes we are working under the dedicated teams banner

ShadowFox1978
05-21-2007, 07:07 PM
I will sign up. I will be playing a 28-point version of my dwarven war preistess. She will be heavily melee-centric. I will roll her and get her prepped. What are the guidlines as far as prep? Is it ok to run the solo only quests ahead of time or should we just do the wavecrest one?

*Edit: Well if I was in time to reserve a spot, her name is Endeara Ironsoul. I completed the wavecrest with her.

Celebrochan
05-22-2007, 11:37 AM
hrm... 6:30 pst mondays... I could do that... You seem to still have room... sign me up! So this is in Sarlona and we will meet up in the wave crast on the 4th?

Zenako
05-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Would be fun, but alas I have a full roster at the moment (still working on 1750..sigh). Team Cleric.....Attack!!!!

As someone mentioned in another thread one time, in an all cleric party, who gets the blame when someone dies....grin.

Beorn_The_Bear
05-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Sign me up ! I totally agree with your interpretation of the cleric . Also agree that with a great multi-class variety such a group can be quit powerful with lots of action to see (can't wait to do delera's and necropolis).

My highest toon now is cler7:pal2 on Argonnessen. Personnally, i have nerver bought wands or potion (looted some though) and i believe that the cleric should manage with the way build themselves (higher/lower mana, wisdom, devotion etc.). To me it makes sense that heavily battle oriented clerics would NOT have same healing efficiency as one healing oriented one. So I do not expect the battle cleric to catch up on healing with wands since it is not a gift provided by his deity (other way around also true with all kinds of buffing wands or potion. This is just an opinion.

I would't mind 8pm EST (that's when my kids go to bed). I'm also happy to see that this looks like it'll be a MATURE group?

Waiting for further instructions see you all soon!

Beorn_The_Bear
05-22-2007, 12:37 PM
The person dying is always the one to blame.

ShadowFox1978
05-22-2007, 05:46 PM
and I am not enclined to the rogue class. If we get any members that are interested in a rogue/cleric hybrid, I just came up with a decent build that should be able to handle anything at level up to hard. Let me know will be happy to share.

Beorn_The_Bear
05-22-2007, 07:05 PM
I'll multi-class as ranger since I have never explored that class.

Zenako
05-23-2007, 09:20 AM
The person dying is always the one to blame.

Clerics have always known that...

the rest of the world has taken a while to catch on....

Lorein_Azura_Childs
05-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Do we have a time and day in mind?

I suppose I could try one of the following:

1-Cleric (12) / Rogue (2)
2-Cleric (11) Rogue (3)
3-Cleric (10) Rogue (4)

More than likely 2 would win out.

If you havent started already I suppose I can steam roll through to get up to 400 favor if possible.

Though I am partial to pure classes :)

TommyBoy
05-23-2007, 03:01 PM
you have time set as 930 est. how long would the play time be for? I ask because 930 gives about 2 hours of play time more them enough to do most runs but not enough for most chains.

Also would there be support for those of us coming from other servers as far as the starting supply money?

emsteiner
05-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Looking to play until about 12. For everyone that has posted thanks for the interest. I would like everyone that wants to be a part of this group to go ahead and roll your characters up and then PM me with there names. I myself am goning to reroll a Human Battle Cleric his name Josemaria. Again thanks for the interest and I will see everyone June 4th at 9:30 est.

P.S. I will be out of town for a few days this weekend so if you don't get a reply to your PM i'll get to it as soon as i get back.

query
05-24-2007, 05:41 PM
I was holding off until I felt I was ready rto play a cleric with the right people.

So what I was thinking was either a 28 point build or Drow Cleric...but more of a Pious templar feel. This would be accomplished by taking 3 or 4 levels of Fighter/Paladin, and the rest cleric. Since I most likely would start out as a Fighter/Paladin or at least in L2, are there any leveling restrictions if the end result is majority cleric?

emsteiner
05-25-2007, 11:09 AM
I understand that the majority of everyone will be multiclassing so what I would like the group to achive is a end result of the majority of levels being a Cleric. Thanks everyone for your responses.

Beorn_The_Bear
05-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Not only do I agree that your clerics level should ALWAYS (meaning you HAVE TO start as a cleric) be higher than your cross-class level but in order to respect the initial idea that was to have a full cleric party I would suggest to maintain a max ratio of 1:2 cross-class level to cleric level (cross1:cleric2; cross2 cleric4; cross3:cleric6; cross4:cleric8 and so on...). This would allow a personnalized touch to your toon without compromising to much of the ALL CLERIC feel. To me a cleric 5: barbarian 5 just doesn't sound like a cleric anymore.:o What do you think? (and I am still opened to the idea of making this a pure cleric adventure and live with the pros and cons) ever played on Sarlona so I will really be starting from scr

Also, I have never played on Sarlona so I will really be starting from scratch (no money and only starter's equipement). It doesn't really matter to me but obviously I might be a step behind the rest of people who have access to previously earned money or equipement.

That being said, I'm sure this will be a great time for all of us. Beorn The Bear will be looking for you on the 4th of June.

emsteiner
05-30-2007, 07:30 AM
So far I have recieved the names of 2 others. So this means their are 3 more openings. If I have missed someone please send me a PM and I will include you in the group. I look foward to seeing everyone on the 4th.

Conclave (necromancy spell focus)
Endeara (Caster/CC focused)
Josemaria (BattleCleric)

Lorein_Azura_Childs
05-30-2007, 10:35 AM
Who is the pure cleric - *heal-bot-though-I-hate-the-word*.

Geez I have to get cracking to get my drow!!!

*I'll see if I can get on your tonight and pound some stuff out*

emsteiner
05-30-2007, 12:27 PM
We do not have the "Healbot" yet. the position is still open

Lorein_Azura_Childs
05-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Though I suppose if the entire group is comprised of clerics the term may be apt. :) I will hopefully make contact with you later tonight or within 2 days. I really do wish to start with a drow honestly so I may have to unlock it. Ill see if I can get a fellow guild mate to come along with me to join in your group.

Zenako
05-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Anyone considering a WF cleric? Splash one level of sorc for repair wands...immune to lots of nastiness and always good for a sideways look.

emsteiner
05-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Zenako,
we do not have a WF cleric yet however we do have one that is going to splash with sorc. Send me a PM with your characters name if interested we would love to have you in the group.

Lorein Azura Childs,
Don't worry the group is going to start on monday June 4th so you have time. Also having one of your guildies would be great.

Celebrochan
05-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Not only do I agree that your clerics level should ALWAYS (meaning you HAVE TO start as a cleric) be higher than your cross-class level but in order to respect the initial idea that was to have a full cleric party I would suggest to maintain a max ratio of 1:2 cross-class level to cleric level (cross1:cleric2; cross2 cleric4; cross3:cleric6; cross4:cleric8 and so on...). This would allow a personnalized touch to your toon without compromising to much of the ALL CLERIC feel. To me a cleric 5: barbarian 5 just doesn't sound like a cleric anymore.:o What do you think?

I dont think a rogue / cleric would want to start 1st level as a cleric, they would get a quarter of the starting skill points. Also it has been noted that it is alright to start as another class and FIND your place in the church... Just saying... ;)

emsteiner
05-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Lets keep this on track. If you are multi classing it is ok to start as something other than a cleric as long as you take the majority of your levels as a cleric.

Beorn_The_Bear
05-31-2007, 01:34 AM
I'll go with anything you guys want really. As a matter of fact i didn't realize that indeed there was a considerable loss of skill points at creation in certain situations. Then i'll probably use the same approach. Thanks for pointing that out.

Josemaria should have got PM from salaheddine by now no?

emsteiner
05-31-2007, 05:21 AM
No PM yet. Send it to emsteiner here in the forums

emsteiner
05-31-2007, 01:55 PM
So far I have recieved the names of 5 others. So this means their is 0 more openings. The whole purpose of the group is to have fun and show what a group of clerics can do. I look foward to seeing everyone on the 4th.

Josemaria (BattleCleric)
Salaheddine (Ranged Cleric)
Unnamed (Rogueish Cleric)
Tyratious (WF Cleric)

Looks like we have a solid group. I will see everyone tomorrow night at 9:30 pm est.

ELRON
06-01-2007, 01:12 PM
I was thinking about making a bard splashed cleric if there still is room. What is the starting level?

emsteiner
06-01-2007, 01:13 PM
So far we are still open and our starting level will be one. Nothing like starting from scratch:)

Beorn_The_Bear
06-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Hi emsteiner, i see that u have achieved a lvl 14 ranger, any advice on start up ability score, skills and feats?

ShadowFox1978
06-01-2007, 07:31 PM
I have a level 14 dex ranger and a level 9 str ranger. I would be happy to help you. What is your character goal? Primarily ranged or twfing melee? Any race preferances? I can't get home to run the character generator until Sat night/Sun morning, but give me an idea of what you want to acheive and I will be glad to help.

emsteiner
06-02-2007, 08:55 AM
I used the Tempest Spine build by Illuminati. So far it has worked out well for me. He has updated the build from when I started using drow and changing the favored enemies. I was to lazy to reroll when I opened drow so I just keep it as a Elf. I'll see if I can findthe link and post it for you. found it

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=45922&page=14

Bloodmech
06-02-2007, 11:43 AM
If itr pleases you I shall create a Cleric Barb WF of Slaying

emsteiner
06-02-2007, 02:41 PM
Not sure if we are going to be full or not on Monday so I would say roll it up and meet at the Wavecrest tavern at 9:30 pm Est. PM me with the name when you have it.

Bloodmech
06-02-2007, 05:50 PM
ok

emsteiner
06-03-2007, 03:56 PM
I understand things come up but so far we look full. I cannot wait until tommorow to show stormreach what clerics can do. I will meet everyone in the Wavecrest Taven at 9:30 pm EST. My name is Josemaria so please look for me.

So far I have recieved the names of 5 others. So this means their is 0 more openings. The whole purpose of the group is to have fun and show what a group of clerics can do. I look foward to seeing everyone on the 4th.

Josemaria (BattleCleric)
Salaheddine (Ranged Cleric)
Unnamed (Rogueish Cleric)
Tyratious (WF Cleric)

Looks like we have a solid group. I will see everyone tomorrow night at 9:30 pm est.

emsteiner
06-03-2007, 04:02 PM
To Everyone that is going to be a part of the cleric's only group. Please make sure you are ready and we will meet in the Wavecrest Tavern at 9:30pm Est. I cannot wait as this should be a very fun group.

/signed Josemaria

Beorn_The_Bear
06-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Can't wait to be there as well. Great initiative!!

Bloodmech
06-03-2007, 08:22 PM
But what shall we call our selves?

We need a group/guild name of some sort

emsteiner
06-04-2007, 06:06 AM
Tonight is the night.

Bloodmech,
We are running under the Dedicated Teams banner.

Bloodmech
06-04-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm sorry I dont know what that means, I play on fernia ware persistent groups and RP are vertually nonexestent as far as i know of lol

ShadowFox1978
06-04-2007, 06:50 PM
I am currently having a thunderstorm. Hopefully it passes and doesn't knock out power/cable. Will see ya in about 2 hours.

Bloodmech
06-04-2007, 07:28 PM
1 Hour...

emsteiner
06-05-2007, 06:01 AM
Had great fun last night. We are still in need of a rogueish Cleric so if anyone wants to start one up send me a PM. BTW does someone want to start a thread with some background info on our characters?

Celebrochan
06-05-2007, 11:43 AM
I had a great time as well :) Which folder would one start such a thread in? Player cordination doesnt seem like the right place...

Zenako
06-05-2007, 11:54 AM
I would suggest just putting the thread in the Sarlona Folder. There is only a handful of new threads in there every week so you will stay on the front page of the server Folder very easily.

Bloodmech
06-05-2007, 06:38 PM
I agree to that

emsteiner
06-06-2007, 07:31 AM
I will be starting the thread on sarlona sometime today.

Started it here is the link

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=1180477#post1180477

emsteiner
06-06-2007, 09:40 AM
We are stiil looking for a Cleric type. Send me a Pm if anyone is interested.

Celebrochan
06-06-2007, 11:35 AM
We shouldn't require that it be a rogue ish sort... clerics are often times horrible to multi class with rogues... We were not required to play a specific build and the last applicant shouldnt be forced to either.

My 2 cents

emsteiner
06-06-2007, 12:11 PM
You make a good point. Belay my last

emsteiner
06-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Last stop full

dmitri
06-06-2007, 04:41 PM
hey, quick question - are we supposed to run the solo stuff in aspirants corner before joining group? Or good blade?

I wasn't there last week due to computer issues, so I jsut want to know if I should start at level one or if I should solo to a certain threshold, or solo certain qusets...

emsteiner
06-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Go ahead and run the goodblade stuff. We also ran information is key, sewer rescue, garrison's missing pack and walk the butchers path. So if you run those you should be caught up. See ya Monday

Beorn_The_Bear
06-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Indeed Salaheddine appreciated adventuring with newly met friends. Salaheddine learns very fast to know his companions. It takes time to know Salaheddine.
Salaheddine has lived thousands of years, in the vicinity of dwarves but never in their company.
I was allowed to rise from the shadows by a Dwarf named Conclave. I shall from now on be his shadow. His sword will deal damage to enemies that can not be explained by his might alone. His enemies will fear him as they will not understand the true nature of his strenght and neither will he...as neither will see me.

emsteiner
06-11-2007, 06:09 AM
Everyone please check in and let me know if you will be there tonight. We will meet in the Wayward Lobster.

Beorn_The_Bear
06-11-2007, 02:33 PM
I'll be there. 21h30 EST right?

ShadowFox1978
06-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Will be there.....on time this week. :)

Bloodmech
06-11-2007, 07:01 PM
I shall be present

Celebrochan
06-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the group guys :) it was fun! Next week! We will capture arlos and prevent the kobold gods from sacrificing him!

emsteiner
06-14-2007, 08:26 AM
Please check the thread on Sarlona's page for the back story on Josemaria. Feel free to post your own. See everyone on Monday. We are coming Arlos!

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=108402

skurlock
06-14-2007, 12:11 PM
Just thought I'd drop a note to wish you all good luck and I hope you have a great time with the group.

I'm in an all Cleric group on Ghallanda ... The Clerics of Dol Dorn ... and we've been running since the game started. I've got to say it's a blast! We also do not twink and Cleric-wise our rule is that at least half your levels must be Cleric. Early and mid-level content was a breeze. Starting around level 9 and up things become a little different then with a normal 6-person group. Definitely need to strategize a bit more to tackle some quests.

Our lineup is:

Cleric
Cleric
Cleric/Rogue
Cleric/Wizard
Cleric/Barbarian
Cleric/Fighter

Anyhow, just wanted to say good luck and I hope you have loads of fun.

emsteiner
06-14-2007, 12:29 PM
So far the group has been great fun. We've only meet twice so far but I'm loving it. Next week we are going to free arlos. Thanks for the words of encouragement

Beorn_The_Bear
06-14-2007, 09:07 PM
And a great diversity of races as well. That makes the adventure even more enjoyable: Humans, elf, dwarf, warforged (not sure what the 6th will be by the way). It will be interesting to see how each characters grows.

P.S.: I wouldn't mind starting earlier if everybody is ok with that. See you monday.

emsteiner
06-15-2007, 07:44 AM
Starting earlier is not a option for me. I have a hard enough time getting my wife to go to bed at 9:30pm. I could play at little later though.

Beorn_The_Bear
06-15-2007, 08:01 AM
No problem, I understand.

emsteiner
06-18-2007, 07:58 AM
Roll call for tonight 6/18/07

Beorn_The_Bear
06-18-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm there. Do we have a sixth?

emsteiner
06-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Not yet if you know anyone let me know.

emsteiner
06-19-2007, 01:36 PM
The all cleric group is currently seeking one more member to fill out our team. I you would be interested please send me a PM. We meet on Monday night at 9:30 est.

For everyone that missed last nights session feel free to complete WW as that what we did. See everyone next week.

ShadowFox1978
06-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Sorry I was absent. Had a family medical emergency.

emsteiner
06-21-2007, 07:02 AM
No problem hope everything is all right. If you can go ahead and finish WW thats all we did.

Celebrochan
06-25-2007, 02:23 PM
*casts speak with dead* Role call please! :mad: :cool:

Beorn_The_Bear
06-25-2007, 04:54 PM
:)

emsteiner
06-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Im on waiting

Celebrochan
06-26-2007, 12:12 PM
I was on at 6:30 and waited until 7 (PST, add three hours for EST) Only one other person logged on. :( Is this group dead or what?

thalion
06-27-2007, 08:23 AM
As a group of Clerics one would think you would have more.... Faith? :rolleyes:

Celebrochan
06-27-2007, 12:11 PM
I am a priest of the Irrelevation! :P

emsteiner
06-27-2007, 05:09 PM
Looking for more 4 members to join our group. However until that happens the two of us are availible for hire within the other Dedicated Teams Guild. Looking for start time of 9:30 pm est. If you would like to join or request our services please send me a PM. Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,
Cleric's `R' Us

emsteiner
07-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Won't be availible tonight I have the in laws in town for the holiday. We will resume again next Monday. If anyone is interested we still have openings please send me a PM if you would like to check us out.

Xgemina
07-08-2007, 04:14 PM
PM sent :)

theedtwo
07-10-2007, 04:40 AM
if u guys could move to to tuesday night then i would be able to roll up a clr for us and i will help but i might be tired cause my main's guild has raid every sunday lol let me know

emsteiner
07-11-2007, 11:25 AM
looks like we have 3 looking for 3 more to fill out the group. We will be meeting again on Monday 16 july at 9:30pm EST

emsteiner
07-16-2007, 12:36 PM
We will be meeting tonight at 9:30 pm Est. If anyone one is interested we meet on Sarlona. We currently have a group of 3 and are looking for more to fill us out. Look for Josemaria or Conclave

Xgemina
07-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Are we on for tonight? Nezumi will be on at 9:30 PM EST in the Phoenix tavern.

thalion
07-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Perhaps some of the Order from Aerenal or Adar may soon join your ranks?

And perhaps not :rolleyes: