PDA

View Full Version : Maximize Finger of Death = BUG?

Lyletuba
05-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Has anyone ever purposely Maximized their FoD?

I don’t see how 3x the cost is worth Maximizing the 3d6 of damage from FoD when the save is missed.

Is it a bug that Maximize doesn’t ignore FoD the way it ignores PK?

Lifespawn
05-09-2007, 05:05 PM
i've had max and empower on and with enhancments to lower costs it still costs 130 sp ouch that was a bad mistake.

I wish you could set up spells for never maxamize or never empower or extend so that even if it's on your choice overrides that.

Impaqt
05-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Same thing for Slay Living, Destruction and even Holy SMite......

Frustrates me to no end when I forget to turn off Max after dropping a awesome blade barrier.

kafromet
05-09-2007, 05:11 PM
It would be really cool to be able to set up spell options on your hotbar

so 1= haste, 2= extended haste, 3=empowered firewall, 4=maximized, empowered, extended firewall, etc.

Khalai
05-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Well the spell does 3d6 damage, thats why the feats apply. Any spell that damages can have the feats applied.

jaitee
05-09-2007, 05:53 PM
sure is that y PK dont get the meta feats into the damage b.c. saving on a FoD and a PK is the same, it deals XXX of damage

Lyletuba
05-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Well the spell does 3d6 damage, thats why the feats apply. Any spell that damages can have the feats applied.

As jaitee said and I mentioned in my original post - Maximize doesn't affect PK and it also does 3d6 on a failed save.

But you aren't answering the original question - Do you purposely Maximize your FoD or is it always an accident when it happens?

Zuran
05-09-2007, 11:42 PM
i don't see why there isn't a way to 'lock' spell from being affected by certain meta magic feats. i hate when i accidentally drop and empowered maxxed FoD :S

Ranmaru2
05-09-2007, 11:59 PM
3d6+1 per level

Lyletuba
07-10-2007, 04:51 PM
A buddy of mine just noticed this 'BUG' on his Sorc. He was ****ed after he blew 75% of his ample supply of spell points.

Anyone out there ever figure out why Maximize would affect FoD and not PK? Anyone ever intentionally activate Maximize for FoD?

Lorien_the_First_One
07-10-2007, 06:57 PM
As jaitee said and I mentioned in my original post - Maximize doesn't affect PK and it also does 3d6 on a failed save.

But you aren't answering the original question - Do you purposely Maximize your FoD or is it always an accident when it happens?

PK is an illusion and I believe D&D rules say metamagic feats for damage don't impact illusions so that part of the implimination is correct.

The problem is the way they have us add metamagic is a pain in the *** and I'm seriously hoping that it improves with the changes hinted at on the 5.0 splash screen.

Eladrin
07-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Due to popular demand, we'll be removing Empower and Maximize from the full suite of instant-death spells.

Vinos
07-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Due to popular demand, we'll be removing Empower and Maximize from the full suite of instant-death spells.

YAY!!!

greatmaji
07-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Cheer
"the Crowd Goes Wild"

Darkdominion
07-10-2007, 11:11 PM

You're my hero! *Hugs*

Spookydodger
07-10-2007, 11:42 PM
That's good. :)

Now, can we implement a more robust shortcut system that will allow the creation of weapon-sets and metamagic-enhanced spell shortcuts, with custom color, icon, and text hinting, so that you guys won't have to spend your time tweaking each spell for us and instead make/let us do it ourselves, to personal preferences? :D

Pretty please.

Drider
07-11-2007, 12:02 AM
sweet :D

tekn0mage
07-11-2007, 12:11 AM

While you're at it, please remove cure light, moderate, etc. spells from being heightened.

Tired of wasting mana.

MysticTheurge
07-11-2007, 06:48 AM

Hmm, this leaves me curious what the metamagic changes in Module 5 might be.

Riggs
07-11-2007, 09:42 AM

Add another yay to the pile.

Shecky
07-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Hmm, this leaves me curious what the metamagic changes in Module 5 might be.

I would like to see it as what people above have said it could be - a weapon-set kind of thing. I don't even cast spells and I'd think this would be a good thing, as having to click or unclick 1-3 boxes (metamagic feats) every time you cast a different spell would seem a bit... off... to me.

jkm
07-11-2007, 10:53 AM
i so do not want them to be combined on the toolbar. i'd prefer to have the ability to select which metamagics are allowed to effect which spells in the spell screen. that way i still use a standard action to turn on the metamagic, but i won't be tossing heightened fireballs...

Lyletuba
07-11-2007, 11:11 AM

W00T! :D

jasonchrist
07-11-2007, 02:21 PM

Would it be possible for a future update to include hot-keying certain spells with applied metamagics and others without? It seems as if it would be superior to the clunky toggle system.

llevenbaxx
07-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Thats really cool, I do it way too often.:D

TEK
07-11-2007, 03:12 PM

while you're at it i wouldnt mind if u remove heal spells from heighten metamagic. it's the main reason i had to swap out the spell on my bard because it sucked to have turn off heighten to heal people then turn it back on to cast a cc spell.

Sokar
07-12-2007, 09:00 AM

Oh this is good news indeed!!! Would it be possible to take it one step further and give us the ability to set preferences in our spell list as to how we would prefer each spell to be cast? I would envision a row of small check boxes (representing different Metamagic Enhancementsnext) next to each spell in our spell list granting us the ability to apply any combination of Metamagic as a preference for that spell.

I can see a problem with the activation timers of Metamagic Enhancements getting in the way though. That would have to be addressed. I guess this would be over kill. Ok, nevermind. :D

Sincerely,

Sokar

The_Cataclysm
07-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Oh this is good news indeed!!! Would it be possible to take it one step further and give us the ability to set preferences in our spell list as to how we would prefer each spell to be cast? I would envision a row of small check boxes (representing different Metamagic Enhancementsnext) next to each spell in our spell list granting us the ability to apply any combination of Metamagic as a preference for that spell.

I can see a problem with the activation timers of Metamagic Enhancements getting in the way though. That would have to be addressed. I guess this would be over kill. Ok, nevermind. :D

Sincerely,

Sokar

They are changing the metamagic system in Mod 5.