PDA

View Full Version : Which server is best?

Dormammu
04-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Is thelanis or mabar or some other server best? im on lhaazar now.

Aspenor
04-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Argonnessan FTW

TommyBoy
04-30-2007, 12:59 PM
/emote Mabar hits Argonnessan with a steal chiar, while the ref's back is turned.

Balkas
04-30-2007, 01:07 PM
I would say either Aundair or Thelanis.

Aundair:
- I play on it :)
- The top end guilds are very friendly with eachother.
- The vast majority of the players are mature.

Thelanis:
- Lots of player driven events. It seems to be a very active community.

Zenix_Leviticus
04-30-2007, 01:56 PM
Let's give a shout out to Khyber!!

My testamonial:

Khyber was so good that I started a guild there.

In all honestly this topic is soooo subjective that it won't mean much in
the long run.

Best means different things to different people.

Lots of big raiding guild
Friendly people
Player run events
Good low level groups
Not waiting for hours to get a party

What does 'Best' mean to you?

Mhykke
04-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Argonnessen...

That was easy!

What's the next question?

Riddikulus
04-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Khyber is a fun server to be on. It has a lot of aussies on the server and those guys are a riot.

But if you want the largest server, that's Argo. It has almost double the population of the next largest server.

Aspenor
04-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Khyber is a fun server to be on. It has a lot of aussies on the server and those guys are a riot.

But if you want the largest server, that's Argo. It has almost double the population of the next largest server.

Not only that, but we have cupcakes :D

Borror0
04-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Not only that, but we have cupcakes :D

So Tharashk does!

DasLurch
05-01-2007, 02:18 AM
I've played on Mabar and Adar for starters, and liked them both, but made my home on Khyber. :cool:

tihocan
05-01-2007, 08:52 AM
Thelanis of course :p

Jaywade
05-01-2007, 09:50 AM
xoriat is pretty darn good, high pop at all times lots of really good guilds...sure we have drama form time to time but who doesn;t

Eladiun
05-01-2007, 10:15 AM
I would say either Aundair or Thelanis.

Aundair:
- I play on it :)
- The top end guilds are very friendly with eachother.
- The vast majority of the players are mature.

Thelanis:
- Lots of player driven events. It seems to be a very active community.

I would agree (DUH!) but seriously I have tried a few other servers (not mentioning names) and found it harder to find groups than on Aundair. The server has a very active population that actual seems to be covered 24 hours a day. I have hardly ever run into a situation where I logged on at an odd hour and there wasn't some activity. People also seem to be unafraid to PUG up (although most my PUGS recently are partial and even then usually filled with other guilded players I have run with before). There isn't a whole lot of elitism...

I also agree with the other two items as well. I run with just about every guild on the server and very seldom run into someone I didn't get along with or who p!ssed me off. Also the mature population does seem to gravitate towards Aundair...or we scare away the immature.

zombie_steve
05-01-2007, 10:20 AM
You really can't pick a best server because alot of servers offer different types of play for example:

Everyone knowns When in Aussie Land join Khyber but I am sure they have players from other places as well.

Thelanis, Sarlona, and Riedra is where you go to Roleplay hardcore and Thelanis is always hosting Player Made events.

Mabar is the Elitist server and I say that in a good way. The people on Mabar powerhouse the game hardcore

Xoriat and Adar - Really nice friendly people on these and some good players as well. I've always been able to get a group even for the Goodblade quests at anytime of day or night on these.

Argonnessen and Laz - I don't nothing about these servers so this is for you to figure out

Risia - No comment

Now I am not stereo typing people or anything, this is what I get from Forum reading all the time. I have no doubt that 80% of people on each of these servers are good honest people. So don't hold me to offense if I offended and if I did I apologize but these are my views from reading the forums

Ziggy
05-01-2007, 11:28 AM
hey stop passing off xoriat as a nice server. we all know its the evil hate filled server:D

but yet im there?:eek:

hmmmm...... i wonder if im just there to recruit people to come to xoriat?:cool:

nah xoriats pretty good. I wouldnt switch for the world. Ill play on rierdra for barebones play but other then that im sticking to xoriat.:D

Zanker
05-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Can you specify your question about best on which area?

Some servers might be best for role playing, pvp, and so on.

cappuccino
05-01-2007, 02:07 PM

Sounds like your unhappy with lhaazar, which is to say unfortunate.

As those above me have mentioned quality servers and whats is going good for them.

My answer to you is in the form of a question....what are you looking for in a server?

/rambleon

Do you want serious power gamers? Do you want loot runs 24/7/365 Then I'd look for sure at Mabar and Argonnessan, and Xorat

Do you want the biggest population of players? thats Argonnessan hands down - the down side of that is more players means more bandwidth used therefore expect lag and slower performance.

Do you want Casual fun play with a good supply of cupcakes? Thats Tharashk IMO (although others claim the same - cupcake's muskateers do get around after all...but then again what other people get around? maybe I shouldn't actually answer that - this is a a public and therefore by extension a "family" forum).

But seriously, Tharashk is a great server that I played on extensively and can tell you I never had a problem finding a group there 24/7

International Flavour? Thats everywhere, but with Kyber having an Aussie invasion thats a good place to be especally if your a late night owl player.

As Ziggy mentions barebones takes place on Rierdra - might have to come try that out sometime.

Then comes the option of Role Playing - I personally think Thelanis - the fairie court server is king on that, but there are other servers that have serious and good role players on it. It also adds a splash of Perma Death players and general good gaming and loot running. Also has lots of player and guild hosted events that are beyond running raids.

Then of course there is Risia - offering you first glance at upcomming releases before they go live to the other servers. Trade off since it is a test/preview server is sometimes dead due to all those who go there rushing back to their home worlds. Also there is the drawback as you become a full time beta tester without support for new content.

I could go on a further lengths, but will cut this off with telling you how I came about moving from Tharashk to Thelanis (my new home).

I was like you apear and wish to change and even give up all I had garnered from my original home for a fresh start.

What I did first was decide what kind of gaming experiance did I want. I decided on trying my hand back at role playing as I've been a long time PnP player, and found actually I was role playing all the time, just never had anyone do the same in my groups. I also wanted fun and friendly people, not power gamers who all they want is loot runs. there were other factors I was looking for, but won't bore you with them all (would take me a day to write it all up)

So once that was decided, I scowered the forums, looking at threads in each server forum to see if what people were writing about and in a style that I figured would be the kind of people who would give me the experiance I wanted from this game.

I also looked at the guild websites for the guilds on the different servers (as I am a guild type player).

Time passed, plot thickened and finally decision made

I hopped onto Thelanis.

For me that was a good move and a perfect fit. I haven't looked back since.
/rambleoff

Now back to my original question for you (the OP) what do you want in a DDO experiance?

If you would tell us, I'm sure all of us forum readers could give you insight and advise for you to make your own decision. But no matter what, just cause your on (enter server name here) server, thats not going to make you DDO game perfect by any means. You do only get out what you put into it.

Renegade66
05-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Xoriat and Adar - Really nice friendly people on these and some good players as well. I've always been able to get a group even for the Goodblade quests at anytime of day or night on these.

OMG! Next thing you know we'll start getting compared to Fernia - the land of butterflies, green meadows, care bears and all things that are wonderful and good.

Everyone knows that Xoriat is the meanest of all servers. Great players with even greater egos. Zero tolerance for incompetence and known for vicious attacks on anyone posting something even the slightest bit off kilter from reality. Typically smart enough to stay just on this side of the CoC, but the smelly, flea-bitten Kobold lurks in our midst quite often.

Fierce competition that comes with much drama as well. There's never a dull moment on Xoriat nor lack of elite players. If Zerg is your middle name, then come give us a visit. If you were beat up a lot in High School due to being an obnoxious, no-it-all little p***k then you might as well come to Xoriat where hate is equally distributed and oftentimes rewarded.

Ren

Ataro1
05-02-2007, 11:02 AM
I just went through and looked at the population of all servers.

Performed at 2pm GMT on Wednesday May 2nd

Argonnessan 135
Reidra 68
Ghallanda 75
Babar 62
Arenal 65
Lhazaar 65
Fernia 80
Thelanis 67
Aundair 88
Sarlona 72
Adar 77
Tharashk 70
Khyber 68
Xoriat 78

It seems to me that the servers are in need of a merge...

CSFurious
05-02-2007, 11:14 AM
those aussies always cracked me up & i love my guild there

but, i had to move to argo because due to real life, i had to be able to play at different times & argo is the place to be for more people to play this game with

Aspenor
05-02-2007, 11:47 AM

Argonnessan 135
Reidra 68
Ghallanda 75
Babar 62
Arenal 65
Lhazaar 65
Fernia 80
Thelanis 67
Aundair 88
Sarlona 72
Adar 77
Tharashk 70
Khyber 68
Xoriat 78

Just an FYI with the size of the guilds on Argo that 135 number is a bit low. Thats the number of people online and not anonymous. Most experienced players on argonnessan are anonymous. I'd say the true number online at that time was 4 to 5 times 135 at least.

Riddikulus
05-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Just an FYI with the size of the guilds on Argo that 135 number is a bit low. Thats the number of people online and not anonymous. Most experienced players on argonnessan are anonymous. I'd say the true number online at that time was 4 to 5 times 135 at least.
I really, really doubt that 75% to 80% of the population is anonymous.

Maybe 80% of the high level clerics. Maybe.

But not the rest of the population.

2 PM GMT is just a really off peak time of day, which is why those numbers are low... that's like 9 AM eastern. On a work day.

Aspenor
05-02-2007, 12:03 PM
I really, really doubt that 75% to 80% of the population is anonymous.

Maybe 80% of the high level clerics. Maybe.

But not the rest of the population.

2 PM GMT is just a really off peak time of day, which is why those numbers are low... that's like 9 AM eastern. On a work day.

Aye, you would think that, wouldn't you? But I know the players and guilds on my server, and many many players on Argonnessan are anonymous. The majority of the skilled population, actually.

And yeah, Argo high-time is about 10-11 PM CST, extending maybe an hour or so. We have alot of late gamers.

FrodoCorleone
05-02-2007, 01:51 PM

Argonnessan 135
Reidra 68
Ghallanda 75
Babar 62
Arenal 65
Lhazaar 65
Fernia 80
Thelanis 67
Aundair 88
Sarlona 72
Adar 77
Tharashk 70
Khyber 68
Xoriat 78

No idea that they named a server after a fictional elephant :D

You forgot to add the 3 people playing on Risia... hehehe

As for servers, I have noticed an increase in LFM's for all levels on Reidra (evenings EST). Lately it seems like there are 6-10 LFM's at any given moment and only 1-3 of them for Gianthold. I have no idea why this is happening now, but it is nice to see.

Ziggy
05-02-2007, 02:31 PM
OMG! Next thing you know we'll start getting compared to Fernia - the land of butterflies, green meadows, care bears and all things that are wonderful and good.

Everyone knows that Xoriat is the meanest of all servers. Great players with even greater egos. Zero tolerance for incompetence and known for vicious attacks on anyone posting something even the slightest bit off kilter from reality. Typically smart enough to stay just on this side of the CoC, but the smelly, flea-bitten Kobold lurks in our midst quite often.

Fierce competition that comes with much drama as well. There's never a dull moment on Xoriat nor lack of elite players. If Zerg is your middle name, then come give us a visit. If you were beat up a lot in High School due to being an obnoxious, no-it-all little p***k then you might as well come to Xoriat where hate is equally distributed and oftentimes rewarded.

Ren
well said ren. well said.:cool:

Muirtach
05-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Don't discount Thelanis as a high-end server as well. We do have our fun times, but we are right up top with the other servers in raiding (above a few).

Mhykke
05-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Aye, you would think that, wouldn't you? But I know the players and guilds on my server, and many many players on Argonnessan are anonymous. The majority of the skilled population, actually.

And yeah, Argo high-time is about 10-11 PM CST, extending maybe an hour or so. We have alot of late gamers.

Darn,
Now I gotta go anonymous more.....don't want to look like a noob w/ my name up there on the who list ;)

Gilliam99
05-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Wow, no one from Fernia wants to speak up?? I guess I'll wade in.

I've played on Argo and Xoriat but I spend most of my time on Fernia. Lotsa good guilds:

Adventurer's League of Eberron
Allnighters
Black Knights of Templar
Black Rose Society (http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=112877&TabID=963983)
Clan of the Crimson Claymore
Coven of Eternal Fury
DANE
Da Maniax
Darkhorse Legion
Darkwood
Dragonmark Alliance (http://www.clangroups.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=69524&TabID=601939)
Dragons Nex
Epic
Face Stabbing Misfits (http://www.facestabbers.com/)
Fist of the North
Gleneagles
Heroes of Canton
Heroes of Stormreach
Iron phoenix (http://www.iron-phoenix.com/)
Kindred Spirits (http://ksguild.org/)
Les Joyeux Lurons
New OutRiders (http://www.newoutriders.com/)
Old School DnD
Ripped Dragon
Salty-demigods (http://www.salty-demigods.com/)
Southern Tenant Farmers Union (http://www.clangroups.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=125123&TabID=1066362)
Special Needs Children of Eberron
Tavern Brawlers (http://www.clangroups.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=101497&TabID=869000)
The Finders Guild (http://www.guilduniverse.com/finders)
the kings almighty
The Lucky Knights (http://theluckyknights.guildportal.com/)
The Outsiders (http://www.ddo-theoutsiders.com/)
The Shadow Guard
Turba Imperium
Warforged Gold (http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=119749&TabID=1021452)
Warlords Battle Brigade
We Are Borg (http://www.werborg.net/bb)

I'm sure that other servers have similar problems, every once in a while you'll run into a 6 yr old or the occasional zerger, but, most players are mature, friendly and competent. I have no problem finding PUGs when my guilds aren't doing a run. We have the lag issues only when new content is released (which is more than I can say about Argonessen...). I am very pleased with my experiences on Fernia.

Ataro1
05-03-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm all for elitism but if people want to invite "new players" to the servers and not turn them away then it is bad for the long run.

I was on Asheron's Call and Asheron's Call 2 and both were great games, made by Turbine, but they both are not exactly thriving franchises.

A bit of history.

Asheron's Call, excellent game and had a huge community. It was thriving because it had a lot of people on it and the game was extremely diverse.

If you want an idea about the current state of the game then look at the last Amazon review posted in 2005.

http://www.amazon.com/Asherons-Call-Throne-of-Destiny/dp/B0007PFI46

Asheron's Call 2, also a good game in it's own right but basically buried itself by making itself purely group oriented with no ability to group due to a broken chat system. It took away a lot of people from Asheron's Call as a result and once it was closed down it lost a lot of players to other franchises.

Of course there are a hundred different ways anyone can spin this and make me look like an idiot. The point is that it does no good to spin it but instead to do something about it and try to get Turbine to fix the issue with getting new players. If nobody wants new players then have fun when this game gets terminated just like Asheron's Call 2 did.

I was on Xoriat today and sat there for an hour and a half waiting for someone to join a group for "Favor", within the harbor, open to all levels on elite and got one interested player that asked me if I had people or not. I finally left the game out of disgust. I'm sorry but what is wrong with this picture at _any_ time of the day? Why sugar coat it when it just means that you might not be playing this game in the future as a result of this sugar coating?

I would say do like the European team did and consolidate the servers but the real issue, in my opinion, is the lack of new players and the elitism of existing players.

If you think that I am just a noob then forget that. I have a high level character on Keeper, one of the two European servers. I have no problem getting groups there but that is because the servers were consolidated. If you are thinking that I am just a European that is mad then think again, I am American. I am moving back to the states later this year but wanted to start a character now and enjoy some good gaming when I go back.

Anyhow I hope that this population issue is resolved one way or another.

shiffd
05-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Aundair is looking for new players and there are plenty of peole around recruiting for their guild and taking care of newbees in general.

Now is a good time to come in as a lot of peole have just made favor and are rolling 32s. This means they are around to run lower leves and as they move up they will be unloading select gear for low level toons on friends and new friends alike.

Also Aundair is about 2nd most poplulous and has a lot of Aussies too. It can be as dead as any other server at times, but thats a DDO wide problem.

Anyway new players should come to Aundair as we are the best.

Argonnessen is the most popular because it comes first in the alphabet and so people click on it first when they are new as it is first item up on screen. And so populations drops off relatively down the alphabet. Aundair is thus 2nd highest pop usually, I think.

(OKay I'm saying this because I'm in the same time zone as Australia and on Aundair and have a bunch of new toons so I'm running low level stuff and it would be nice to have some new people with new toons to run with).

A_Sheep
05-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Now is a good time to come in as a lot of peole have just made favor and are rolling 32s. This means they are around to run lower leves and as they move up they will be unloading select gear for low level toons on friends and new friends alike.

Is it really a good time for new players to come to the game when there are very many good (or at least fairly experienced) players running around the lower levels with 32 points?

I would say no. The best time for new players to join the game is when there are lots of other new players. That way they get to learn the game without constantly being a "noob" (even while partying with the friendliest party of 5 experienced 32-pointers, a beginner is probably going to feel (and be) ineffective). The 32-pt-er knows what's going to happen, can react faster, has his hotbars arranged in a somewhat ergonomical manner, has twinked out items, built his character "right" to maximize the effectiveness of his build, and (maybe) knows good strategy.

The best time for new people to join the game was during beta and in the first 2 months after launch. After Drow came out, I think it instantly got harder for new players. 32-pts made it even harder. A good environment for new players isn't about how hard the quests they are doing are to complete. Players will rise to the challenge put before them. A good environment is one where the new players get to do what they like to do in an MMO: Explore, achieve, compete, and socialise.

Achievements seem shallower; exploration is harder, since everybody else has already explored it; it's nearly impossible to compete with other players; in socialising, you are at a disadvantage. All these happen when level 1 players are grouped with level 14 players, with one playing a 28-point level 1 character and the other playing a a 32-point level 1 character.

How should new people enter the game then?
The best way for a new player to enter DDO, in my opinion, is through a static group. Just like starting a PnP campaign, a group of players gets together, decides what classes and races they will play, maybe adds a slight element of role playing to it, then they go into DDO and tackle the game!

After their static group reaches level 5, they will probably have enough experience to build and play their characters effectively. They might also have enough favor to make a Drow. Then, zoom, they're on significantly better footing to head out into the MMO alone.

shiffd
05-06-2007, 05:12 AM
Is it really a good time for new players to come to the game when there are very many good (or at least fairly experienced) players running around the lower levels with 32 points?

I would say no. The best time for new players to join the game is when there are lots of other new players. That way they get to learn the game without constantly being a "noob" (even while partying with the friendliest party of 5 experienced 32-pointers, a beginner is probably going to feel (and be) ineffective). The 32-pt-er knows what's going to happen, can react faster, has his hotbars arranged in a somewhat ergonomical manner, has twinked out items, built his character "right" to maximize the effectiveness of his build, and (maybe) knows good strategy.

The best time for new people to join the game was during beta and in the first 2 months after launch. After Drow came out, I think it instantly got harder for new players. 32-pts made it even harder. A good environment for new players isn't about how hard the quests they are doing are to complete. Players will rise to the challenge put before them. A good environment is one where the new players get to do what they like to do in an MMO: Explore, achieve, compete, and socialise.

Achievements seem shallower; exploration is harder, since everybody else has already explored it; it's nearly impossible to compete with other players; in socialising, you are at a disadvantage. All these happen when level 1 players are grouped with level 14 players, with one playing a 28-point level 1 character and the other playing a a 32-point level 1 character.

The best way for a new player to enter DDO, in my opinion, is through a static group. Just like starting a PnP campaign, a group of players gets together, decides what classes and races they will play, maybe adds a slight element of role playing to it, then they go into DDO and tackle the game!

After their static group reaches level 5, they will probably have enough experience to build and play their characters effectively. They might also have enough favor to make a Drow. Then, zoom, they're on significantly better footing to head out into the MMO alone.

I think you've made some good points BUT I completely disagree.

Sure the best time to start would have been in the very beginning when people were joining in droves, but less you own a time machine no point in considering that, but even then lets see.... constant bugs, not that much content yet......

Now would be better time to join then after everyone has already leveled up there 32s...... next best time after that would be when half-orcs, half-elves and druids come out.

Anytime there are people playing lower level toons is a good time for new people to come in because they'll be able to find a party.

Otherwise its the solo game or groups wiht not enough poeple and thats not fun cuz ddo isn't really made for solo play. Besided if you are new and nobody experienced and nice is there to help explain certain things and give away some useful items for you you wont be able to build and equip your toons to be effective solo or in undermanned parties.

I don't see any point in time in future when a large flux of new poeple will join, it would be nice but I don't see it. Established players are gonna have to take in new players with open arms, in the small numbers that they will come in in. If no body there to welcome and embrace new players they'll just quit after a bit and the populations will dwindle till the game dies. Maybe DDO has some promos lined up but I doubt it, they are the same company thats launched LOTR so all there energy in marketing no MMORPGers will go on that ticket I believe. They'll rely on old D&D fans and established MMORPGers to come in and out of DDO to keep it alive most likley. Or maybe they are happy with the population as it is with whatever steady decline of population and infrequent hikes of returners etc...
and stuff

Mintcrispy
05-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Population survey Saturday morning 4/14 01.00 am

Tharashk 200
Argonessen 420*
Adar 260*
Xoriat 210
Riedra 230
Ghallanda 260*
Mabar 210
Aerenal 175
Lhazaar 205
Fernia 200
Thelanis 185
Aundair 205
Sarlona 220
Khyber 200

* the 3 servers with highest visible population

Brianius
05-15-2007, 07:26 PM
ghallanda is the fhashizzle its of the mahzizle its the super fly tnt of all servers its so off the hook it makes smaual jackson look like a jedi padwan it so goodizzzle that sizizzle dont mattahizzle, soory bout that its a trademark of one of ghallanda's players i am refered as to braizzle lol so in the classic words of(think of his name =/) ghalldizzle is the shizzle of the nizzle dont think he knows what hes saying but its very entertaining

Merlask
05-16-2007, 01:23 AM
Perhaps the question should be: What is the eb/flow of population on what days/times?

What server offers [insert desired quality here]

That will get a much better response than 'what is best'

Pick over the forums of each of the servers here on the ddo.com forums and take a read at what people are talking about, up to, what sorts of things go on, and get a general idea of the types of atmosphere you find. Find the one that you think best meshes with what you're seeking, which can usually be sorted into:

Looking for Guilding
Looking for Ease of Grouping without any effort
Looking for Loot
Looking for Roleplaying
Looking for Perma death
Looking for Events
Looking for Heavy Min/Max population
Looking for XP grinding
Looking for Just a band of people to hang out with
Looking for The server with my real life friends, or particular people
Looking for Anything, just different than where I am now

So once you figure out which of the above you're after, you'll do better in your search

Personally...if it were me... and I had the time for it.... ALL of the servers have great players on them! The community here is like no other in all ways shapes and forms, and you will meet some of the best gamers out there. There's no reason you can't maintain duel citizenship, as I call it. Some people have their character they play when they're in the mood to roleplay, so they load onto a particular server for that reason. On the nights they wanna hang with their Real Life Friends, they load into that server. The night they wanna be perma-death, they go there. Different servers for different moods/purposes. Nothing wrong with it.

Really, I'm very ashamed of those who had the audacity to treat this thread like a neon eat-at-joes sign. Matters of taste are not for dispute.

dragons1ayer74
06-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Great post Merlask, now can we get a list for those of us new folks that want to know what servers offer or specialize in the diffrent areas?

Looking for Guilding
Looking for Ease of Grouping without any effort
Looking for Loot
Looking for Roleplaying
Looking for Perma death
Looking for Events
Looking for Heavy Min/Max population
Looking for XP grinding
Looking for Just a band of people to hang out with
Looking for The server with my real life friends, or particular people
Looking for Anything, just different than where I am now

Merlask
06-04-2007, 06:32 PM
As per my mentioning earlier before I edited the post...

I am conducting a project to help you to learn which servers have what to offer from the server communities themselves (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=108134). Once my survey is complete, I will come back with results to help you understand what each server is 'about' as per the way the players have chosen to settle in.

IgorUnchained
06-05-2007, 06:31 PM

I wish I would have read this a few months ago. This was my first MMO and first PC game in general. I originally chose Arenal, but didnt have a good toon made and was slowly learning the game and keyboard controls. I found myself running around an empty dungeon looking for the rest of my party quite a bit.
Since then, I have based myself in Argonnessen because I quest in the early AM MST and I can almost always fine a party to help/hinder. Khyber has some truly elite guilds and good roleplayers. I am a bit too much of a Noob for my group friends on that server, so I usually spend my time in Argon honing my craft and earning my Drow.

The OP's comments about a new player finding other new players and growing with them is very wise indeed. I think Argonnessen is probably the best server for a noob player with all of that in mind.

dmitri
06-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Public Service Announcement:

I now play on Fernia and Arggo.
This makes these the best servers.

End PSA.

Thame
06-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Not gonna matter before long.....

Grimlock
06-13-2007, 07:22 PM
Thelanis.

First in raid completion.

Need I say more?

zakattack423
06-13-2007, 08:43 PM

Argonnessan 135
Reidra 68
Ghallanda 75
Babar 62
Arenal 65
Lhazaar 65
Fernia 80
Thelanis 67
Aundair 88
Sarlona 72
Adar 77
Tharashk 70
Khyber 68
Xoriat 78

uhhh...people have lives...why not show one on saturday at 8pm est...

kambodia
07-17-2007, 03:48 PM
mmmmmmmmm