PDA

View Full Version : PoP D'Jinn room.

Darrik
04-25-2007, 12:12 PM
I've been running with some pickup groups with my cleric and occationally my fighter and I've heard people bemoan that room, almost as much as the Xoriat room (which I consider far worse).

There's a fairly simple tactic for it that I've had to communicate to a couple groups.

The D'Jinn and the Air Elemental are really annoying, but they also go down REAL easy to a Cleric with Destruction.

That's it. Leave the Cleric in a corner with all the fighters in the middle to destract, let the cleric one shot them with Destruct. It's worked for my cleric on Elite with little to no problems.

arcane_nite
04-25-2007, 12:21 PM
A max, emp, extended fire wall dropped perpendicular to the door is also a easy way. Just be sure the caster leaves the room and everyone stands in the fire. Let the mobs cook a couple of rounds before attacking. :)

MrWizard
04-25-2007, 12:21 PM
I've been running with some pickup groups with my cleric and occationally my fighter and I've heard people bemoan that room, almost as much as the Xoriat room (which I consider far worse).

There's a fairly simple tactic for it that I've had to communicate to a couple groups.

The D'Jinn and the Air Elemental are really annoying, but they also go down REAL easy to a Cleric with Destruction.

That's it. Leave the Cleric in a corner with all the fighters in the middle to destract, let the cleric one shot them with Destruct. It's worked for my cleric on Elite with little to no problems.

As much as I like firewall..... with the way he moves around (air elemental) I would rather a nice blade barrier go there....or ya, spend some spell on pk, destruction, etc....can you banish them? I never tried.

Eladiun
04-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Hit your tanks with True Seeing and stand back and watch the carnage.

CrusherMcGee
04-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Carnage. Yeah, as the air elemental flings them around. Sure, it doesn't do much damage as long as you stay away from the electric fence, but its darn annoying. I've found that if you're going to kill them without magic, using ranged wounders is the way to go. Even on elite none of them really have much CON.

Of course, what usually happens in fights when you aren't using a firewall (no caster, or they're oom or whatever) is the cleric is hanging in back, ready to rez anyone who dies. Eventually, he/she gets annoyed at how ineffective the tanks are and just Destructions the air ele.

Eladiun
04-25-2007, 12:35 PM
I probably should have noted that 2 of my tanks where swinging vorpals...

Blazer
04-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Yeah, destruction is the fastest way to go.

Bowie_the_Hero
04-25-2007, 01:33 PM
As a lightning/acid sorc, I despise firewall(on principle) for the air room just due to personal preference.

I know on my last trip through PoP I dismissed the air elemental and finger of deathed the genie. The lions died shortly thereafter to whatever tanks do to kill things. Room clear in less than 10 seconds.

Solmage
04-26-2007, 12:17 AM
As a lightning/acid sorc, I despise firewall(on principle) for the air room just due to personal preference.

I know on my last trip through PoP I dismissed the air elemental and finger of deathed the genie. The lions died shortly thereafter to whatever tanks do to kill things. Room clear in less than 10 seconds.

Yeah, I came up with the firewall tactic the second I saw the rooms. But it is a bit boring. I mean, sure, everything dies within 10 seconds to my 200 damage per firewall, but ehh.

So sometimes to mix it up I go inside and with heighten finger of death/hold monster/pk the stuff. More fun. :)

EspyLacopa
04-26-2007, 06:34 AM
Just hit the Elemental with Fear, and watch as it goes and hides in the corner.

Zenix_Leviticus
06-12-2007, 02:50 PM
I will throw one in here...

Sing the room to sleep with a bard song.

Beat the oranged name to death or use destruction or finger.

Have fighters beat other mobs down one at a time by ganging up on
them while they are sleeping.

You can do this without any elite/uber weapons. All strategy and team work.

Aranticus
06-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I came up with the firewall tactic the second I saw the rooms. But it is a bit boring. I mean, sure, everything dies within 10 seconds to my 200 damage per firewall, but ehh.

So sometimes to mix it up I go inside and with heighten finger of death/hold monster/pk the stuff. More fun. :)

am wondering how you can heighten FoD :confused:

nabrendel
06-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Unfortunately until they raise the level cap you cannot heighten FoD.. because Heighten makes the spell the highest level you can cast.. so being its a 7th lvl spell and you can only cast 7th level spells.. no go.. but it might charge you extra SP's though ... only way to make it more nasty is to get a necro focus item and of course Spell Focus Necro feat etc

jkm
06-13-2007, 10:23 AM
the only annoying thing about the room is that the djinn in whirlwind mode gets bugged on FoD. it doesn't even register on him (no damage, etc.)

Relion
06-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Enervate -> FoD each Air Elemental and the named can be done in about 10 - 15 sec one of the easiest rooms while I'm on my wizard.

EspyLacopa
06-13-2007, 11:02 AM
I just cast Symbol of Fear in the center. The elementals and Djinn love moving around so much, they fail the Fear save fairly quickly, at which point they go hide in a corner to be killed.

And even better: Unactivated symbols don't vanish when the room goes active, so you can prep a room using a few symbols. ^_^

Impaqt
06-13-2007, 11:04 AM
I just cast Symbol of FearAnd even better: Unactivated symbols don't vanish when the room goes active, so you can prep a room using a few symbols. ^_^

Really? Wow.. I feel another change coming soon....

DaGSO
06-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Either have the caster, or cleric (or both if they have mana). Have the caster finger them where it hurts (Hey I did not name the spell), and or the cleric to destruct whatever. Even banishment works btw. My tanks always has True Seeing, and Freedom of movement on. And if on the time I forget to check my buffs and it runs out they gentle remind me like, "Get off your pious butt cleric and giveme some buffs :D "

Majere_Aumar
06-13-2007, 09:21 PM
I stand in a corner and start casting disco ball in front of myself as the shield door appears. The elementals and lions almost always fail their save when they come my way (frequently the genie as well).

If I catch a lot of flies, I firewall the lot, otherwise heightened pk them.

Pecky
06-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Which is an amusing waste of time since you can't vorpal an air elemental anyways. The only thing you can vorpal in that room is the djinn and he's the easiest to kill by any means.

HorridForm
06-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Try Symbol of Pain, Symbol of Fear for a room prep. As soon as the lever is pulled drop a hypno pattern in a corner. If your melee got para's then swing em. The -'s to Saves triggered by the pain, and fear will make for more viable paralyzation, cc, and death magic.

Fishy
06-26-2007, 02:59 PM
You can use Finger of Death on the Air elemental. Works on the fire elementals too.

FoxOne
06-26-2007, 03:27 PM
Symbol of fear before activation,activate.Then vorpalize all names Except the Marut.Repeat.

sieg33
06-27-2007, 05:47 AM

Probably better to use wounders or disrupters(provided they arent immune).