PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer Night

AnubisPrime
04-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Hey all!

OTG (The Old Timers Guild) is running a biweekly event on Ghallanda called "Newcomer Night". It is a way for new players to meet those of us that are experienced and to have a great time in Stormreach!

Details are here: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/showthread.php?p=193882#post193882
It's on the day posted below at 9pm EDT at the Leaky Dinghy tavern. Newcomer Emissary is the character that will be waiting in the Leaky Dinghy to greet all of you adventurers, though I will attempt to bring characters which will fit the best level mix of the group.

Current Schedule:

Thursday, March 20th

(Please check back periodically for changes and updates.)

It is not, I repeat NOT a recruiting drive. There is not an obligation to join OTG to participate. Folks from other guilds are welcome and encouraged to attend. Anyone may participate! There is no sales pitch. It's simply that we like DDO and we want the player base to continue to flourish. The equation is: More players = easier grouping and a better experience for everyone!

We usually spend the first few minutes answering questions (if any) then we group up, pick a quest and go! This is a quick way to meet friends and get in some great gaming.

--Dom

AnubisPrime
06-13-2007, 09:39 PM
We had fun this evening (6/13).

Three explorers: Yablu, Enderr, and Newcomer were first humbled by Irestone Inlet, so they took their business to the Cerulean Hills and found some fantastic adventure!

Thank you guys for coming!

dave3573
06-14-2007, 12:23 AM
As Yablu, just want to say thanks to the OTG for hosting the event. Although I've been playing for about a month, it's sometimes hard being the "newbie" with a bunch of experienced folks in a PUG, no matter how nice they are. It was very refreshing to have the chance to experience DDO at a more leisurely pace without feeling like you're imposing on the rest of the group.

My ranger spent about half the time on "point" (which I almost never get to do in PUG because everyone else knows exactly where they're going and I don't!) and about half exploring with a "tour guide" - nice variety.

I encourage any other newbies to take these guys up on their newcomer night, they were very cordial and helpful, and as noted we had some excellent fun!

Dariuss
06-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Just wanted to give props out to the old timers for doing this.

AnubisPrime
06-14-2007, 03:49 PM
We appreciate the props!

I hope that it grows to the point where we get at least 2-3 full groups of people (low-level characters) to run some quests. Again, I'm looking not only for new people, but new people from other guilds as well.

Friendships and alliances can go a long way to making gaming better for us all!

AnubisPrime
06-27-2007, 09:41 PM
A night of pure conquest!

Tadonu and Newcomer were joined by SWORD-X Team Marut:
Destructer, Proselytizer, Nullifier, and Blitszkrieg.

The party dared to meet Gerald Goodblade's challenges on elite, ran the Low Road, and Retrieved the Missing Tome.

The dungeon dwellers didn't stand a chance!

Newcomer had to leave, but the rest of the party went to find out what secret Durk was hiding!

Thanks to all!

Missing_Minds
06-28-2007, 07:24 AM
Do you guys also give out low level gear to these new comers to help them out? I'm not talking uber stuff of course, but the lvl 1 and lvl 2 stuff.

AnubisPrime
06-28-2007, 04:28 PM
I usually encourage potions, and I usually have some plat available to give them for a good start (We all get poor sometimes :) ).

Moving through the dungeons and chests--I will also give them the pick of anything that Newcomer loots from the chests.

Missing_Minds
06-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Ok. I was just curious if donation of non level stuff, or level 2 stuff would be accepted. Things like armor that I just have laying around, probably some collectables, and lesser reptianbane or undead bane that you get out of the icons and necro gems.

AnubisPrime
06-29-2007, 04:04 PM
Oh! Newcomer will accept anything--though with my main char and my guild I have access to stuff I need for the event.

If you do donate it will stay with Newcomer until it goes to participants. It won't end up sold or auctioned.

Either way thank you--and if you want to attend/assist or go along with us you are more than welcome!

Missing_Minds
07-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Will do. I'll either try to find you or mail them to you at some point. Also,

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=891584

You may want to direct them to read up my guide about hit points. It will probably answer several questions that they have as well as answer things they didn't know to ask about.

AnubisPrime
07-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Thanks! I'll check it out!

AnubisPrime
07-09-2007, 06:07 AM
*bump*

AnubisPrime
07-20-2007, 11:33 PM
Schedule Updated. *bump*

tihocan
07-23-2007, 09:15 AM
I'm all for helping newbie, but this does not look like the appropriate forum to keep this bumped up.

AnubisPrime
07-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Understandable, but we do try to answer questions for new players as well...

AnubisPrime
07-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Thanks to Missing Minds and Elll for their donations to Newcomer Night!

AnubisPrime
12-10-2007, 12:35 AM
Newcomer Night is now resuming! :) Please see the first post in this thread.

Trivilus
12-10-2007, 06:26 AM
If you could change this to thursdays I could probably join you as I have a few lowbies still to lvl up. I work on wednesdays tho:(

Maybe ill get lucky and get a chance to get with ya sometime if ya dont change days tho.

AnubisPrime
12-10-2007, 01:53 PM
I'll put a Thursday in before the end of the month! NO problem!

Just will take me a bit to check my schedule as well.

AnubisPrime
12-15-2007, 05:03 PM
UPDATE with a Thursday next week.

AnubisPrime
01-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Updated 1/9/08

AnubisPrime
02-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Updated.

AnubisPrime
03-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Updated 3/14