The DDO Players Council - Introduction and Application
We are launching our search for the next DDO Players Council! Please read this post (and FAQ), and decide whether you’d like to apply. We will be taking applications through Tuesday, January 19th, 2016. Thanks, and good luck!
What is the DDO Player Council?
The DDO Player Council is a group of players selected to provide targeted feedback and valuable suggestions to the DDO Team. This will involve participating in surveys, focused discussions, as well as highly structured and targeted developer chats. Often the topics covered will be elements of game design at their earliest stages, well before they are committed to development or appear in our preview programs like Lamannia.
Don’t want to join yourself? Recommend a fellow player you feel will be a positive addition to the council. We may also select players based on their in-game and community behavior, and extend an invitation even if they have not otherwise applied or been nominated. Membership in the council is intended to be yearly, and new members will be added annually.
Requirements for Applicants and Nominees:
• Maintain an active play style during the council’s term of service. (“Active” to be determined by Turbine at its sole discretion.)
• Be in generally good standing, with no significant violations of Turbine’s Terms of Service, End User License Agreement or Community Guidelines. Having forum infractions does not mean you can't apply or serve, but is something we will consider on a case-by-case basis.
• Council business will be conducted primarily in English. Therefore we request applicants have the ability to communicate with the team and each other via written and spoken English.
• Be able to interact with other members of the Council and Turbine employees in a mature, constructive, and mutually respectful manner.
Acceptance and Participation:
Council members must agree to the terms of our NDA, and agree that any information will not be shared out of the program at any point during or after their service. Violation of the NDA will result in immediate removal from the council and exclusion from all future NDA programs, including beta tests. A current list of all council members will be posted to the official forums. Council Members will be identified only by their forum/community name and server name. Real names will not be disclosed to the public without member consent.
Council members formally serve for the stated calendar year. The 2016 Player Council will serve for all of 2016, etc. The actual term of the Council will vary, though, and typically ends in the early part of the following year.
Members of the Player Council shall:
• Serve for the calendar year in which they are elected.
• Participate in private chats and other scheduled events with the DDO Team.
• Provide feedback to the DDO Team as requested.
• Comment, from time to time, on aspects or elements of upcoming changes before they have reached an Alpha state, and prior to their testing on the Lamannia preview server.
• Assist the Community Team in identifying suggestions and recommendations from the community that match the goals set for the Council.
• Make suggestions and recommendations in accordance with goals set for the council by the DDO Team.
• Participate in and help design focused feedback surveys for the council and the general community.
• From time to time, be asked to help draft a report on the council’s activities for publication to the entire community.
• Be guaranteed access to all Beta tests during their term.
• Be provided a private discussion area for interacting with the DDO Team.
• Receive courtesy invitations to player parties or other similar events that take place during their term. (Travel and other expenses associated with these events are the responsibility of the individual.)
DDO Player Council Application
If you would like to apply or nominate someone to participate in the DDO Player Council, please submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line 2016 DDO Players Council Application with the following information:
1. Real Name
2. Email address
4. Are you over the age of 18?
5. Primary Character Name
6. Primary Class
7. Primary Server
8. Primary Guild
9. Maximum level achieved (multi-life is fine if applicable)
10. Forum Name
11. Do you use any of the following: Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, Google+. If so, which?
12. What is your primary play style/focus (raiding, reincarnation, PvP, static grouping, etc. Multiple answers are fine.)
13. During your time with DDO, have you been a Free player? Premium player? VIP? What is your current status, and for how long (approximately?)
14. Do you currently own any of the expansion packs? If so, which (Menace of the Underdark and/or Shadowfell Conspiracy?)
15. What topics are you most interested in discussing?
16. Do you feel that DDO is not difficult enough, too difficult, or generally fine when it comes to difficulty, and why?
17. Outside of your current primary class, what is you favorite class in general, and why?
18. Please provide us with feedback as well! Tell us what is your least favorite part of Dungeons & Dragons Online, and what you would suggest we do to resolve it.
Don't forget to read our FAQ and NDA here!