Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Dorim's Map Shop

May these maps aid the weary traveler in their time of need.

If you find this useful or have suggestions for improvements please let me know. I appreciate the feedback.

PLEASE NOTE: If you use my maps, modify them, borrow pieces or repost them somewhere else, please make mention of the source, send me a link and let me know your changes. I'd like to make these maps as detailed as possible. Thanks.

Download Menechtarun Desert Map (1014KB) | With Pathing
    Level Range: 8-15
    Last Updated: September 29, 2007
    Changes: Added new wilderness area goals as well as the much requested pathing.
    To Do: Add danger zones
    Thanks: My (ex)Wife, Kerig, and others. Sojourner for wilderness updates.

Download Ruins of Gianthold Map (1012KB)
    Level Range: 10-18
    Last Updated: April 22, 2007
    Changes: Update Lord Two-Stone's color to match rare encounter color of yellow
    To Do: Add Danger Zones
    Thanks: MysticTheurge (for beating me to it and making verification a little easier )

Download The Cerulean Hills Map (253KB)
    Level Range: 1-4
    Last Updated: April 27, 2007
    Changes: First draft. Everything verified personally.
    To Do:
    Thanks: My Wife for making sure I didn't die and Kyebosh for donating his map and time.

Download The Crucible Map (159KB)
    Level Range: 14
    Last Updated: April 28, 2007
    Changes: First draft.
    To Do: Make the gates more clear.

Download Ataraxia's Haven Map (330KB) | With Pathing
    Level Range: 7-14
    Last Updated: September 30, 2007
    Changes: Pathing Added
    To Do: I'm considering doubling the resolution to make it easier to read.

Download Sorrowdusk Isle Map (416KB) | With Pathing
    Level Range: 4-11
    Changes: Added much requested pathing
    To Do: None.

Download Tangleroot Gorge Map (374KB) | With Pathing
    Level Range: 2-7
    Changes: Added Pathing
    Thanks: Okita, Cowdenicus, LA_MIKE, and Altonius, Deceptoin, and Alymar of Fernia

Download The Waterworks Map (137KB)
    Level Range: 1-4
    Last Updated: July 31, 2007
    Changes: Updated map for accuracy.
    To Do: None
    Thanks: Elders and Pumpkiin of Fernia! Thanks also go to The Cataclysm and Velris of the European forums!

Download the Orchard of the Macabre Map (529KB)
    Level Range: 10-19
    Last Updated: October 3, 2007
    Changes: First Draft
    To Do: Verify Palmis and others.
    Thanks: So many thanks to the community for helping. In particular, Jjflanigan and Harncw who gave me a great head start. Many thanks to my body guards who came to the cartographers call on Ghallanda: Voxreal, Veltoch, Alven, Silenoz, Duckie and Dagnis! Couldn't have done it without you guys!

Download the Searing Heights Map (280KB)
    Level Range: 2-7
    Last Updated: April 18, 2008
    Changes: Updated Cruor's tag
    To Do: Verify whether rares are inside a cave or not.
    Thanks: Draykon (a.k.a Dragon.Star) for the map data and his work on his own map! You rock dude! Thanks to Heels for the helping hand in verification.

Download the Vale of Twilight Map (653KB)
    Level Range: 12-21
    Last Updated: March 5, 2008
    Changes: Removed 'approach' from the 'Running with the Devils' quest tag
    Thanks: My guild mate Squishhy! He proves us fighters are nothing without a good mage by our side. Even if they run around like screaming school girls. LOL. Also wanted to thank the community which always aids in making these maps.

Download the Three-Barrel Cove Map (758KB)
    Level Range: 3-8
    Last Updated: September 24, 2008
    Changes: First deaft.
    To Do: Verify location and chest for Ilmarin Tychonn,Vitia and Dulse. Strangely I haven't found a chest for Dybesh Relix.

Dorim has retired for now. Perhaps in the future he may return. For now please enjoy his work. Others are taking up the call so support and encourage them as you did him. Raise a mug with Dorim. Hazzah!

Tools and Templates
    I have had several requests from eager apprentices for my templates. May these aid their quest to suceed me. (Requires Adobe Photoshop CS2 or better)
    Dorim's Map Template (1,491KB)
    Ataraxias Haven Template (8,362KB)
    Gianthold Tor Template (20,901KB)
    Menechtarun Desert Template (63,960KB)
    Orchard of the Macabre Template (15,067KB)
    Ruins of Gianthold Template (20,837KB)
    Searing Heights Template (6,127KB)
    Sorrowdusk Isle Template (13,702KB)
    Tangleroot Gorge Template (13,846KB)
    The Cerulean Hills Template (5,157KB)
    The Crucible Template (4,064KB)
    The Waterworks Template (2,183KB)
    Three-Barrel Cove Template (17,726KB)
    Vale of Twilight Template (14,677KB)

Incomplete Maps and Templates
    These templates were the last I was working on before retirement. They are incomplete and until now unpublished.
    The Subterrane-Central Map (INCOMPLETE!) (159KB)
    The Subterrane-Central Template (4,648KB)
    The Subterrane-East Template (4,416KB)

All derivative artwork copyright Brad Perich (a.k.a. Dorim, a.k.a. Airidil). Original artwork copyright Turbine Inc. No representation or derivative of this work may be printed or published for profit without the express permission of all affected parties. All rights reserved.
    Last edited by Airidil; 08-10-2011 at 06:19 PM.
    Ghallanda Toons: Dorim, Torim, Airii
    Visit Dorim's Map Shop

Nice maps! Thanks for sharing them with the community.

<hands Airidil a cupcake>

You already know, but let me say it again.

You make fantastic maps.
    Have a question about the Eberron Setting?
    Ask a Loremaster.

Awesome job, thank you very much.

Archangels - Thelanis

Kyrian - Dellek - Devestia - Harleaiquin - Nakano - Narizue - Xandek

Wow. Good job.

Good idea
    I've been thinkiong it would be good to have a stickied map thread!

Here is a map of the Cerulean Hills area if you want to add/change/use it.

lol i just said to a cla mate i wish i had a map like this
    Server: Fernia Guild: Southern Tenant Farmers Union
    MrTreats:lv20 Fighter Huma Macleod:lvl20Pali WF Octavius:lvl20 Rgr Drow Ramrez:lvl20 Clr Halfling Faygo:lvl20 Rog Drow Ampata:lvl20 Wiz Drow Bach:lvl17 Bard Drow Odafin:lvl5 Life 10 Seeley:lvl1 Barb 1/2 Orc

Community Member

Thumbs up Very nice!

You ought to open a shop in the Marketplace! You'd be the adventurer's best friend. Any chance you have other maps available? The various houses, the graveyard, Threnal, etc.? You could make a killing!
    Trinarius (Trin) - Level 20 Dwarven Rogue/Ranger/Wizard

Guild Leader of the Face Stabbing Misfits, Ghallanda server!

Thanks for the input everyone! I'll be adding more maps as soon as I have time.

For now I've updated 'Ruins of Gianthold' again as of this posting and added the missing data. I'm not happy with it and think it's ugly but then I'm a perfectionist. I might play with a cleaner style I've been developing later. I'm still looking for a way to add pathing without destroying the integrity of the map. I'm listening to your suggestions! Keep them coming!

Cheers all!
    Visit Dorim's Map Shop

Default Awesome!

I love the maps...Gianthold seems MUCH less confusing now!

See you soon,
    Thermo

Ghallanda (Fernia Refugee)
    Ironhammer/Avi/Aviya/Zaerix/Hoplite/Grakdash/Grakdasha/Xirabomreht/Yussarian/ForgedSacred

Community Member

thanks for the map.

i think the shrines need to be more visible.

also, can you label the encounters like "2 fairliths" on the way to PoP or the 6 dwarf camp on the way to foundation of discord?

that would be great.

you could always do tooltips that pop up when we scroll over stuff to see what is there that would clean up the map only down side is for printing
    MrTreats:lv20 Fighter Huma Macleod:lvl20Pali WF Octavius:lvl20 Rgr Drow Ramrez:lvl20 Clr Halfling Faygo:lvl20 Rog Drow Ampata:lvl20 Wiz Drow Bach:lvl17 Bard Drow Odafin:lvl5 Life 10 Seeley:lvl1 Barb 1/2 Orc

Yah a flash map would be awesome if I had the experience and access to use flash. It would allow selectable layers to be displayed and tooltips like mrtreats suggested. But alas all I have is Adobe Photoshop CS2.

I am playing with a new smaller style similar to the current encounter reference that may solve the problem. I've also toyed with the idea of numbering the icons and providing a reference off to one side. Please let me know which you think would look better as well as remain functional.

I'm starting to hear requests for danger zones as well. Please let me know if you only require to know where groups of mobs are or if you require more details like numbers and types. That will determine how I lay it out.

Thanks all! Keep the feedback coming!
    Visit Dorim's Map Shop

your maps are great!

I assume you are using screenshots and cutting them carefully together, very well done.

I had looked into trying to decrypt the dat files in the DDO directory, but had no luck. My searches on the web showed that other ppl have had luck with older turbine games like "asheron's call"...

Even if you dont number them I think a legend should be provided to explain the red 'x's and whatever else... although it is pretty self explanitory.
    /TELL Tackilack ~ Tackalack ~ Taq ~ Heartattack ~ Scrooge

Hi Harncw. The process starts with exploration of every inch of the map. Then I take screenshots of chests and named monsters I encounter. It's a fact finding mission. Finally I take screenshots of the maps and photoshop them together. Once I have the base map I start by color balancing the map and adding labels from a personal prefab format I've created in photoshop.

The Menechtarun Desert map took me several days to explore and weeks to make. Since then I've refined my process and Gianthold took about 3 days. I had to take time to play the awesome new content after all.

I've updated the map with a new label style I am playing with. I think it increases visibility of the map. I have the old style saved in case this one is poorly received. I also removed the 'In' field in the quest labels since the 'bestowed by' pretty much says it all and it saves space.

Next I have to map danger zones so everyone can navigate Gianthold with my confindence It's like my second home now. Cheers!!
    Visit Dorim's Map Shop

Good map.
    One thing your missing is a guide telling what type of location your listing.

Need that because some rares dont have chests so you dont put a chest icon, and then people may think those are explore locations rather then named mobs or vice versa.

Be nice to have a different icon for quest, area, explore location or rare named.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Need that because some rares dont have chests so you dont put a chest icon, and then people may think those are explore locations rather then named mobs or vice versa.
    According to Quarion all rares should have chests, so I wouldn't be surprised if Lord Two-Stone (who's the only one without one currently) gets one in the next update.
    Have a question about the Eberron Setting?
    Ask a Loremaster.

I'll add a legend in the future maybe. I expected people to get the list from the quest log and then reference the map , but for now here is a reference:

Yellow Underline = Rare Encounter
    Green Underline = Exploration Location

As my friend MysticTheurge said...Lord Two-Stone is the black sheep of the rare encounter family and doesn't have a chest. Lord Ragath and Brazwold are sharing a chest...interesting
    Visit Dorim's Map Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Airidil View Post
    Yah a flash map would be awesome if I had the experience and access to use flash. It would allow selectable layers to be displayed and tooltips like mrtreats suggested. But alas all I have is Adobe Photoshop CS2.

I am playing with a new smaller style similar to the current encounter reference that may solve the problem. I've also toyed with the idea of numbering the icons and providing a reference off to one side. Please let me know which you think would look better as well as remain functional.

I'm starting to hear requests for danger zones as well. Please let me know if you only require to know where groups of mobs are or if you require more details like numbers and types. That will determine how I lay it out.

Thanks all! Keep the feedback coming!
    i think just marks on the map that are in a key to thr right might be good

Schwing! Great job.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast