Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ED map

Default ED map

I would like to propose the devs that, with the inclusion of Divine Crusader on U21.1, they also take the time to change the ED grid so that you don't have the Martial sphere as a must-have nexus.

The pic below show my rough idea, with my superbous Paint skills:

• Divine Crusader now links with Primal Avatar (Both are caster/melee destinies with decent stuff for both types)
    • Draconic Incarnation now links with Shiradi Champion (Dragons and faeries are known to generate sorcerers in mortals with their blood)
    • Fatesinger keeps links with Shadowdancer
    • Legendary Dreadnought now links with Fury of the Wild (Two melee-focused destinies)
    • Magister now links with Exalted Angel (Two caster-based destinies)
    • Uniyelding Sentinel keeps link with Grandmaster of Flowers

With that, you can plan your way through the spheres without having the absolute necessary requirement of crossing the Martial sphere if you want to jump spheres, and allow some likewise EDs to be accessed without making undesired paths.

I know people "eventually" wants to max out all EDs for twists and stuff, but having a less painful path will help with new players and alts that don't want to stay in your native sphere.

Eg.: A new player playing his artificer in Draconic (because it is the only arcane ED that raises spell power), and desires to jump to Shiradi (a ranged ED). Right now, he would have to farm at least Fatesinger 4, Shadowdancer 3, Dreadnough 4 to reach Shiradi. And for an artificer, two of those EDs have very few to offer to a crossbow/casting build (classic artificer).
    Last edited by nibel; 03-09-2014 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Changing colors
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

/signed

Similar ideas have been proposed since the introduction of epic destinies. I know that an implementation of something like this will certainly encourage me to play more alts, rather than just one super character.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Default Sounds like a good idea

I never understood why spell casters had to work their way through martial to get to more useful stuff. Let them save it for last when they can have some twists to lean on.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

/signed
    "Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand"-Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    I would like to propose the devs that, with the inclusion of Divine Crusader on U21.1, they also take the time to change the ED grid so that you don't have the Martial sphere as a must-have nexus.

The pic below show my rough idea, with my superbous Paint skills:

• Divine Crusader now links with Primal Avatar (Both are caster/melee destinies with decent stuff for both types)
    • Draconic Incarnation now links with Shiradi Champion (Dragons and faeries are known to generate sorcerers in mortals with their blood)
    • Fatesinger keeps links with Shadowdancer
    • Legendary Dreadnought now links with Fury of the Wild (Two melee-focused destinies)
    • Magister now links with Exalted Angel (Two caster-based destinies)
    • Uniyelding Sentinel keeps link with Grandmaster of Flowers

With that, you can plan your way through the spheres without having the absolute necessary requirement of crossing the Martial sphere if you want to jump spheres, and allow some likewise EDs to be accessed without making undesired paths.

I know people "eventually" wants to max out all EDs for twists and stuff, but having a less painful path will help with new players and alts that don't want to stay in your native sphere.

Eg.: A new player playing his artificer in Draconic (because it is the only arcane ED that raises spell power), and desires to jump to Shiradi (a ranged ED). Right now, he would have to farm at least Fatesinger 4, Shadowdancer 3, Dreadnough 4 to reach Shiradi. And for an artificer, two of those EDs have very few to offer to a crossbow/casting build (classic artificer).
    /signed

why this never happened in the first place *sneeze Turbine sneeze* i dont know.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

That works and makes sense which means we will never see it.

Beware the Sleepeater

I like and it makes sense, much more so than how it is now.

Alternately you could get rid of the outer lines connection and just have the inner area connect via a diamond, so no outside line but the inside + becomes a diamond connecting all four inner points.
    Last edited by SilkofDrasnia; 03-10-2014 at 02:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

I totally agree with this proposal. I'm really not looking forward to going through a bunch of useless ED's just to get to Shiradi on my Artificer.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    Alternately you could get rid of the outer lines connection and just have the inner area connect via a diamond, so no outside line but the inside + becomes a diamond connecting all four inner points.
    I think this would retain one of the main problems of the current setup: There will be only one "gateway" ED in each sphere. Part of the reason I waited until we had 12 EDs to suggest this is that we can made every ED be the gate to another sphere.

And I like the thematic links between two EDs.
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Thumbs up Love it!

The retroactive change would grant a lot of easy access for players already working through the spheres, which only means the quicker this could be implemented the better.

The other sudo - issue I can see is that it could be then be difficult to potentially add more destinies in the future - there would be no room to link them to other spheres. But perhaps we won't be seeing any new ones in the future, now that we've got our 3-of-each.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Pshaw, when have we ever done something like that before. DDO is bug free, I assure you.
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.

New destinies could just go in the back of the sphere it's still miles ahead of what we have now.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

/signed.

It's . . . it's just so . . . perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

I especially like this idea because it looks like pizza.

/signed

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    I especially like this idea because it looks like pizza.

/signed

Here, a pizza format.

OP's proposition: each ED links to EDs next to it, also EDs in the middle of color trio also links to the opposite ED.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

I like it.

Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

It looks nice, and it would be a good idea if ED's were really difficult to level, but they are not. As things are now, I felt a sense of accomplishment and relief when I reached Fury and Primal. To make this change would be to make leveling ED's like "so what?"

Further, I doubt that the minor easing of ED leveling this change would promote would even come close to being worth the resources required to make this change.

/not signed
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    The other sudo - issue I can see is that it could be then be difficult to potentially add more destinies in the future - there would be no room to link them to other spheres. But perhaps we won't be seeing any new ones in the future, now that we've got our 3-of-each.
    If they add a new ED, they can put it on the middle of the triangle, with no links to outside.

Community Member

Wink

Last edited by somethingtosay; 12-25-2015 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by somethingtosay View Post
    That's what is key of destiny for, remember? And they sell it in the store, remember?
    Unfortunately he's/she's ^ right. They could easily have designed it this way from the start or more simply had links going from arcane sphere as well as martial sphere but they didn't. No instead they created an artificial barrier to move from sphere to sphere and a store bought resolution to that barrier. Expect more of that type of design in the future not less. This isn't negativity or cynicism or tinfoil its capitalism in a digital environment. There's nothing inherently wrong with that just aggravating.

Furthermore, I would be greatly shocked to see them spend the resources to fix the epic destiny map to be more player friendly when they can acquire more resources by leaving it as is.

However, for what its worth /signed to OP.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast