Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Uber Uber Completionist Deadlock's Avatar
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Default New enhancements in PDF format

To help me get to grips with the new enhancements, I've documented them in a format that lets me easily compare one Tree against another.

It also lets me print them out and scribble notes on them, and it gives me something to search for things like PRR, dodge, etc etc etc.

The wiki is still the best source of detail on these, but I like a schematic view of the trees. One advantage of having the enhancements in a single document is that if you do search for keywords then it's only new enhancements that will come up.

I've tried to keep the terminology consistent to make searching easy, but inevitably there will be a typo or three that I've not found yet.

You can view, download or print the PDF version here

*** Google docs reduces the image quality when browsing, download the PDF if you want the proper quality images ***

I'll revise it with any corrections, please feel free to post any in this thread and I'll periodically update the document.

Having spent some time with this version and previous versions of it, it still doesn't give you the same feel as actually putting a build together to see where some of the constraints come in.

Pretty cool!

Community Member

neat! thx for the share man!
    IGN Manasdirge; guild:excalibur

Nice. Thanks much. This really helps with some characters I've been thinking about.

About those typos:

In the Cleric and Favored Soul Protection trees, the Stalwart Pact enhancement has SLA: Prayer as the effect

In the Favored Soul Angel of Vengeance tree, the Inquisition enhancement description has save vs "Feat".

thanks. this thing is awesome and I have some reading material for when I go to bed tonight.

Community Member

Thanks for sharing the results of all your work, Deadlock!
    Last edited by hobbygoblin; 07-08-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Awesome work! Thanks! +1

One thing on this...I kind of skimmed over the first part of the file...and the explanations of how all the different possible combos of enhancements go. So...you can take this one enhancement but then you cant take the next one that the first one you took is the prereq for and....or....uhhh.....and if you take the first tier of this one enhancement then you can take the first tier of the other one but not the second tier of the first one....and um....or.....wha?

..And somehow they (Turbine) thought that this would be easier for new players to understand than the current enhancement system? I've been playing DDO since 2009 and I don't understand it! (not a comment on your pdf file, but on the (seemingly) waaaaay-overcomplicated way the new system's gonna work.)
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    Awesome work! Thanks! +1

One thing on this...I kind of skimmed over the first part of the file...and the explanations of how all the different possible combos of enhancements go. So...you can take this one enhancement but then you cant take the next one that the first one you took is the prereq for and....or....uhhh.....and if you take the first tier of this one enhancement then you can take the first tier of the other one but not the second tier of the first one....and um....or.....wha?

..And somehow they (Turbine) thought that this would be easier for new players to understand than the current enhancement system? I've been playing DDO since 2009 and I don't understand it! (not a comment on your pdf file, but on the (seemingly) waaaaay-overcomplicated way the new system's gonna work.)
    I imagine that it's a lot easier to figure out visually than through a text description.

Not to mention that the current system isn't exactly easy to figure out. I mean, think about how a new player feels with the current enhancements. In order to find out what they want to take, they have to make the list show *all* enhancements available to their race and class(es), no matter how relevant those enhancements are to what they want. That's dozens of enhancements, potentially even a hundred or more with enough classes, in one giant list in a tiny window. I'd take flow charts of grouped enhancements, however complex, over a giant list any day.

Sharing is caring!

Small typo;
    An ehancement cannot be selected

+1% Posiive Critical Chance

In the cleric protection domain the enhancement "Stalward Pact" says it gives you "SLA: Prayer"
    Last edited by Partydeluxe; 07-09-2013 at 03:21 AM.
    Sarlona Deluxe
    Axess (high dps/versatility [TR1]) ~ Nimmuz (cleric) ~ Roboboogie (spellsword [TR1])
    Partydeluxe (bard [TR1]) ~ Partywiz (WF AM [TR1])

Good catch on the typos, thanks for that.

Corrected and updated the PDF.

Have also updated the format for spell critical chance across the trees to be consistent.

Community Member

Thumbs up

Blah, blah self serving vets that have vested interest in the status quo. Blah, blah!

All seriousness this deserves a second forum title. So many newer players or those without access to Lam will benefit from this. There needs to be recognition for players who make it so much easier for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    To help me get to grips with the new enhancements, I've documented them in a format that lets me easily compare one Tree against another.

It also lets me print them out and scribble notes on them, and it gives me something to search for things like PRR, dodge, etc etc etc.

The wiki is still the best source of detail on these, but I like a schematic view of the trees. One advantage of having the enhancements in a single document is that if you do search for keywords then it's only new enhancements that will come up.

I've tried to keep the terminology consistent to make searching easy, but inevitably there will be a typo or three that I've not found yet.

You can view, download or print the PDF version here

I'll revise it with any corrections, please feel free to post any in this thread and I'll periodically update the document.

Having spent some time with this version and previous versions of it, it still doesn't give you the same feel as actually putting a build together to see where some of the constraints come in.
    This is pretty nice, and must have been a lot of work. Nice job man.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Awesome work! Thanks! +1

It makes a lot more sense when you can see it Basically where you have an enhancement that offers multiple choices and it is repeated in different Tiers, sometimes you can't make the same choice in different tiers.

Putting this together did highlight a huge number of inconsistencies in how a number of enhancements are handled - and I don't necessarily have a problem with that because I'm not saying that everyone should be the same. So for example in the Assassin tree the Killer enhancement costs 1 AP per rank, but the same Killer enhancement in the Deepwood Sniper tree costs 2AP (and still refers to Extra Shot instead of Doubleshot but I've bug reported that). Now if that's intentional and a deliberate design choice because of the flavour between the classes then cool, it is what it is. But there's a niggle at the back of my mind wonders if it's a case of the left hand and the right hand not knowing what each are doing. When you start looking into the AP costs of some the trees, you get a feeling that some of them still haven't been reduced down to a lower AP cost while some definitely have.

One that did catch my eye was the constraint between the Efficient Metamagic Tiers in Archmage, where you can't choose the same Metamagic twice across the 3 Tiers. Sorcs get a free choice in their selections but that's fine because their magic is innate rather than studied so I can see a flavour reason for that. I'm not entirely sure why Divine Disciple get a free choice, or why they lose Quicken as an option in their Tier 3 Efficient Metamagic Enhancement.

Hopefully I've named things consistently (and correctly!) so that you can find for yourself enhancements that appear multiple times and which enhancement affect things like Critical Threat Range and Critical Damage Multipliers.

Thumbs up

Thanks! +1
    Don't think the +1 is working, but I hit it several times, just in case it is.
    Remember it's a game. If you're not enjoying it, you're not doing it right.
    I can be found on Orien these days. My more active toons are Acroyer, Cilon, Obcidian, and Solstone in Your Pack.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpacePony View Post
    Don't think the +1 is working, but I hit it several times, just in case it is.
    It doesn't unless you right click it, open in new tab (or window).
    (At least for me in IE.)

*Does just that*

Nice job, OP, +1 !!
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Updated version 4.4 with a couple more typo changes - thanks again to people helping me spot these.

Updated the red on black "bugged" enhancements to include those where pre-requisite FEATS have a higher ML than the enhancement ML. If it turns out these are all WAI then I'll update the document to add the character minimum level in the same way as the Tier 5 enhancements have a minimum character level of 12 - e.g. the Tier 4 enhancement Improved Defensive Roll in Thief Acrobat only says that it needs 4 Rogue levels, but really has a minimum character level of 10 because it's impossible to pick up the Defensive Roll feat that it has a pre-requisite before level 10.

Only typo I've noticed is the Spell Critical types in air savant says "Acid". And the earth savant says "electric and sonic".

Nice collaboration. Thanks for posting it.
    Cannith - Whammy, Morrish, Hardware, Misseplled
    - I don’t always facepalm, but when I do, I stunning blow myself.
    - How many GMs does it take to change a light bulb? None. It is working as intended.

Nice job! Thanks for sharing!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast