Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DJ's Bravery Streak to 20 at 4,378,500 xp

Updated Guide using a Greater Tome of Learning found Here.

I tr'ed with a friend on Oct 18 and got to cap on Nov 3rd on my 10th life, at 4.378million xp. During this time We duo'ed 80% of things, solo'd 10% of the time and then occasionally we'd have guildies/friends drop in or I'd toss up an lfm cause I was bored. During this time I only ran 2 10% xp pots; both are noted.

I ran an Artie and he ran a Sorc- he actually capped 1-2days earlier than me because I had to deal with RL issues. So the last 300k I mostly solo'd.

2 months ago when the bravery bonus came out I put together an estimated guide for what to run during a TR- found Here.

During this last TR; I kept track of what quests we did, how many times and when we took levels and added ina few notes. This is that list; this is exactly how many quests you need to run to cap a 3rd life+ toon. This is NOT the only way to cap- you can run different quests and different amounts etc- but this should give you an idea of what it takes now, and hopefully ideas on making it easier.

Bravery Bonus Information

Lvl 1
    Heyton's Rest
    Canith Crystal
    Storehouse's Secret
    Collaborator
    Stopping the Sahagin
    Necro's Doom
    Sacrifices
    Redemption
    *All on Elite Only; took me to Rank 8.

Lvl 2
    Miller's Debt Solo
    Durk's E, H, N
    Butchers E
    Garrison's E
    *Leveled to Level 3: Rank 11.

Lvl 3
    Info is Key EEE,H,N
    Bringing the Light E
    Lost Tome E,H,N
    New Ringleader E,Nx6,H
    Baudry Chain E
    MIA E
    Sunken Sewer E
    Haverdasher E
    *Leveling to level 4 at Rank 17.

Lvl 4
    WW E,H,N
    WW 200 slayer + all rares
    *Leveling to level 5 at rank 21.

Lvl 5
    Stand Your Groud E
    Dirty Laundry E,H,N
    Stormreaver Fresco E,H,N
    Bookbinder Rescue E
    Repossession E,NN,H
    Come Out & Slay E
    Catacomb's E
    STK E
    *Leveling to 6 at rank 26

Lvl 6
    STK H,N
    Tangleroot E,H
    Depth Chain E
    Irestone Inlet E (For Fun & chance of ioun stone
    *Leveling to 7 at rank 31

Lvl 7
    Crimson Heart E
    Sanguine Heart E
    Burning Heart E
    Immortal Heart E,Nx3,H
    Bloody Crypt E,Nx6 (Found an opener for hard later on- next level- if we'd had one would have run this level)
    Chamber of Insanity E
    Lair of Summoning E
    Ruined Halls E
    The Forgotten Caverns E
    Delara's Part 1 E
    Delera's part 2 E, Nx6

Completely blue barred; may have lost 5k xp accidently. :/
    *Leveling to 8 at rank 40

Lvl 8
    Pit E, H
    Tear of Dhakkan E,N
    Gwylan's E
    Bloody Crypt H
    *Leveling to 9 at rank 45

Lvl 9
    Tear of Dhakkan Nx2,H (Total of E,Nx3,H split between levels)
    Delara's Part 3 E
    Delera's Part 4 E, N10
    House D Tide Turns Chain E (Change of scenery; decent xp)

Option: Delera's 1-4 Hard - skipped this but it is decent xp.
    We got bored w/ Delera's.
    *Leveling to 10 at rank 50

Lvl 10

Von1 E
    Von2 E
    Von3 E
    Von4 E
    Shadow King E
    Shadow Lord E
    Shadow Guard E
    Shadow Knight E,Nx3,H
    *Leveling to 11 at rank 55

Lvl 11
    Shadow Crypt E
    Von3 Hx10,Nx1
    Church and Cult E (not worth it)
    *Leveling to 12 at rank 60

Lvl 12

Tempest Spine E
    Shadow Crypt Ex10,H
    Von 5 E (Holy Cr@p! XP heaven- just a hassle to fill)
    Chamber of Rahmat E
    *Leveling to 13 at rank 65
    ***Note: I ran a 10% pot during Shadow Crypt.

Lvl 13
    Spawn of Whisperdoom E
    Fallen Shrine E
    Desert Caravan E
    Maraud the Mines Ex6,H,N
    Raid the Vulkoorim E,H,N
    Von 5 E (about 1/2 the xp of the 1st run- but was helping a friend out.
    Offering of Blood E,Nx3,H
    *Leveling to 14 at rank 69

Lvl 14
    Diplomatic Immunity Ex3HN
    Framework EHN
    Eyes of Stone EHx3N
    Wiz-King EHHHN
    chains of Flame E
    Invader EHN
    *Leveling to 15 at rank 74

Lvl 15
    Summerfield E,H
    Blockade Buster E,H
    Undermine E,H
    SeigeBreaker E,H,N
    Trial by Fire E,H,N
    Cry for Help E,H,N
    Foundation of Discord E,H,N
    Feast or Famine EHx4,N
    Maze of Madness E,H,N
    Cabal for One E,H,N
    *Leveling to 16 at rank 78

Lvl 16
    The Crucible E
    The Prison of the Planes EHx6N
    Madstone Crater E
    Gianthold Tor EH(No Dragons)N(w/Dragons)
    Flesh maker’s Laboratory EHx8N
    Inferno of the Damned EHx3N
    Ghosts of Perdition EHx8N
    Desecrated Temple of Vol EHx10N
    The Reaver’s Fate E (Just ran one that was 16-20; didnt feel like waiting to fill an at level group)
    *Leveling to 17 at rank 86

Lvl 17
    Litany of the Dead E/Hx10/N
    *Leveling to 18 at rank 87

***Note: There aren't many lvl 15 quests other than Litany and the "Missing" chain. I don't think the missing chain is really worth farming so we elected to level to 18 and plan on farming vale on hard. We will only lose 10% on the one normal zerg run we do and in exchange get more power, as well as tod/raid gear. Less Experienced Players will probably not want to take lvl 18 until after they finish farming vale on normal.

Lvl 18
    Let Sleeping Dust Lie EHN
    Running With the Devils EHx9N
    The Coalescence Chamber EH
    Ritual Sacrifice EHN
    Rainbow in the Dark EHN

***Note: I did run a 10% pot for the end of Coal Chamber Elite and it ran during the farming of Devil's.

The Shroud N
    ***Note: Does not break elite streak if you run it with 20's

***Note: I ran all IQ & DD elites; then went ahead with a hound & vod guild run since I no longer needed to preserve elite streak. After I went back and ran N/H IQ, DD, Vale as needed and depending on if I was soloing or with friends.

Stayed level 18 until capped.

Finding the Path EHN
    Dream Conspiracy EHN
    I Dream of Jeets EHN
    The Shipwrecked Spy EHN
    MindsunderEx5,H,N (Farmed mostly for loot)

Eye of the Titan ENNH
    Mining for Ancient Secrets ENx3H
    Reclaiming Memories ENx8H

Hound H
    VOD E
    ***Note these WILL reset your elite streak; only run them once you have run IQ & DD on elite and are ready to break it.

Slayers:
    GH: 200 each; All Explorer's & Rares
    Necro4: 1500; All Explorer's and 1/2 of rares.
    Vale: 400 each; All Explorer's & Rares
    Amarath: 200; All explorers; 3 rares
    Last edited by Kareena; 05-08-2012 at 04:51 AM.
    DJ's Bravery Streak to 20 - DJ's Bravery Streak to 20 w/ Gr Tome of Learning
    Divinejourny(Artificer Completionist- 21/21lives) - Dreamjourny(Sorc 4/13lives) - Deadlyjourny(Paladin T3) - Dancinjourny(Moncher T3) - Darkjourny(12Monk/7Fighter/1Arti T3) -a few other alts

Default Reserved

Notes:

Elite Tangleroot - add farming to parts 4 & 6. Skip hard run.

After finishing all elites at level 18 go back and do Monastery on Elite if you can managed it - Hard if not. Farm a few normal runs.

In GH: Due to a new trick learned have been farming Maze of Madness more, also Cry for help : About E,Hx3,N
    Assault on Summerfield Chain has been shortened to 1 full run through on Elite; then only repeating Blockade Buster H,N - Seigebreaker H,N.
    Last edited by Kareena; 12-23-2011 at 08:51 AM.
    Divinejourny(Artificer Completionist- 21/21lives) - Dreamjourny(Sorc 4/13lives) - Deadlyjourny(Paladin T3) - Dancinjourny(Moncher T3) - Darkjourny(12Monk/7Fighter/1Arti T3) -a few other alts

Community Member

Default I approve

I approve of this post, Signed Ther +1
    Warforged Durability- "Takes a licklin and keeps on tickin."

Talking

A Star in the making... perhaps. +1 to you sir.

I plan on using this, more or less, as my new leveling guide for all my toons.

thank you very much, appreciate the excellent link
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonTroy View Post

at one point during the aggro issues i pulled horoth on my monk, which i admit i kind of enjoyed for about half a second. but then he hit me.

Very pleased with the response; my time spent tracking all this between levels last life looks like it will help others.

Quote Originally Posted by ayondie View Post
    I approve of this post, Signed Ther +1
    Thanks Ther!

Quote Originally Posted by chickenmaniac View Post
    A Star in the making... perhaps. +1 to you sir.
    Thank you; but it's Ma'am I suppose- not Sir at least. lol

Quote Originally Posted by DragonTroy View Post
    I plan on using this, more or less, as my new leveling guide for all my toons.

thank you very much, appreciate the excellent link
    You are quite welcome!

Community Member

Time-wise was it faster than without bravery? How much quest time you think?
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Community Member

So it looks like you totally skipped Reaver's Refuge?
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Question - under your level 7 you mention that you couldn't find an opener for hard. I'm confused by this comment since you had already run it on elite...

Proud officer of Crate and Barrel Smashing, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by jwdaniels View Post
    Question - under your level 7 you mention that you couldn't find an opener for hard. I'm confused by this comment since you had already run it on elite...
    They needed someone that was actually on the quest so that they did not have to run the 4 flagging quests for Bloody Crypt again.
    ~ Rukan 4/3 pal/mnk(Past Life mnk x3) ~ Ignavus 16 wiz(Past Life sor/wiz) ~ Styphon 20 Game Deformer(Past Life Clr) ~
    ~ Wyek 7/6 mnk/ftr ~ Lystara 5/6/2 ftr/rng/mnk ~ Tinder 12 brb ~

Nice work, thanks.

Few comments from my perspective... I mainly duo with the wife, or occasionally with a few guildies who happen to need xp in our range.

Our last life, the wife and I kept up the elite streak all the way up for testing purposes. (We skipped Amrath) We were already level 6 or so when the update hit, so we bypassed a lot of the lower level stuff.

It ended up being pretty painful for us to duo some of the Reavers refuge quests on elite, but I wouldn't want to pass up on the xp from monastary or kobold altogether.

For this life, I'm planning on farming vale until we feel like taking level 18, then doing IQ/Island on elite, and then downshifting to hard bonus streak for Reavers Refuge.

FYI Looks like your link is broken to the previous discussion you mentioned. Is this it? http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=340320
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by emptysands View Post
    Time-wise was it faster than without bravery? How much quest time you think?
    About the same or a tiny bit faster; though much improved because there was farless mindless grinding on normal PLUS alot more favor. I usually get about 1300 favor on average- this life I passed 2000 favor.

Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus1000 View Post
    So it looks like you totally skipped Reaver's Refuge?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by jwdaniels View Post
    Yes there was only 2 of us; so one of us opened elite for the bonus and the other opened normal for farming(and we grabbed the window to farm) In order to do hard we would have had to rerun the flagging quests

Quote Originally Posted by Osharan_Tregarth View Post

It ended up being pretty painful for us to duo some of the Reavers refuge quests on elite, but I wouldn't want to pass up on the xp from monastary or kobold altogether.

FYI Looks like your link is broken to the previous discussion you mentioned. Is this it? http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=340320

After finishing everything in IQ & DD on elite; going back and doing some Hard/Normal Monastery & Kolbold is definitely viable and a good sorce of xp.

In my case I didnt feel like pugging it out and my TR Partner had capped so I just skipped it this life. The fact that I was able to skip both RF & Amarath without too much extra mindless farming definitely shows the elite streak bonus really does help.

And thanks; I'll checkout my link now and fix it.
    Last edited by Kareena; 11-08-2011 at 05:34 PM.

bump

I am using this guide atm. But there is still something I would like to know. Whenever you state *leveling to x at rank y*, does that mean you are banking this last rank as well or leveling up immediately?

I ended up with losing about 10k exp due to reaching exp cap and thus wasted maybe 2 x 50% xp because it wasn't added any more.

I also wanted to add that ruing 3bc Fire Caves and explorers is worth it. The levels 6-9 hold much high xp content so if you want to have a change you can easily replace some quests.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Community Member

This is awesome. I'm going to follow this as I do 3 cleric, 3 FvS and 3 Sorc lives on Ocho!
    The one the only www.mabartracker.com brought to you by Synergia
    AJGreen TRx7 Swashbucklin' 26BRD -- Cabowabo TRx3 FvS Evoker/LoB/AoV (20) -- Ahadiel TRx6 8FTR/6PAL/6MK (28) -- Vyncze TRx5 13ROG/6PAL/1MK (26) -- Ochocinco completionist PM (28) -- Doubleporter Lame Ranger (20)

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    I am using this guide atm. But there is still something I would like to know. Whenever you state *leveling to x at rank y*, does that mean you are banking this last rank as well or leveling up immediately?

I ended up with losing about 10k exp due to reaching exp cap and thus wasted maybe 2 x 50% xp because it wasn't added any more.

I also wanted to add that ruing 3bc Fire Caves and explorers is worth it. The levels 6-9 hold much high xp content so if you want to have a change you can easily replace some quests.
    Depends if you are running with xp potions or not. I'm generally running with 20% pots standard, so large chunks of this I just skip. If you are going to be xp capped, just skip that run and move on.

For 3bc, it would be worth it, if it was at some other level range. There is so much xp available at that range, it's just not worth the time to run around 3bc. I kinda agree with a post I ran across a few days ago, that asked for 3bc to be retooled for level 15-16 content.
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post

I'm leveling up immediately. Watch your ranks; you gain a level at every rank that ends in 1 & 6.

Thank you. Was unsure so I banked a bit which left me with more content to swallow now.

Depends if you are running with xp potions or not. I'm generally running with 20% pots standard, so large chunks of this I just skip. If you are going to be xp capped, just skip that run and move on.

For 3bc, it would be worth it, if it was at some other level range. There is so much xp available at that range, it's just not worth the time to run around 3bc. I kinda agree with a post I ran across a few days ago, that asked for 3bc to be retooled for level 15-16 content.
    I am using a pot but only +10% medium one. Together with voice + ship + streak I get more than enough. I usually follow easy-to-get xp. and realized, 3bc has a big map with many explorers and this particular short quest so you can go there as well.
    Last edited by zwiebelring; 12-08-2011 at 01:49 PM.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Now that Ive finally finished the Wizard life that took WAAAAYYYY too long I'm going to try this quest progression for my next TR. Thanks!
    Dontbleed----Velvetelvis----Bleedout----Whatsina
    Synergia
    Argo

Looking forward to trying this on my next TR +1 to you!
    UDR Loot Rules:
    1) No griefing people for pulling loot that dropped in their name
    2) When rolling, classes for which the item is "useful" get +10 to the roll
    example: Wiz and Barb both roll on a Torc, the barb saying "I'm TRing into an arcane next week"
    Wiz gets +10 on his roll

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast