Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1727

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon.Star View Post
    I believe it will be in a few hours.

Of course I will continue to check every few minutes as I have been all morning I mean since I am at work, I can't play the game but it is easy for me to play with a character builder while pretending to work
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

It'll be soon. We're ready to go. I'm in a meeting ATM (and the client is being very chatty! Grrr). But as soon as I'm done with that, I'll be putting together the release. Probably in the next hour or so.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "They laughed when I said I was going to be a comedian ... They're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.20.02) (Preview Screenshot) (The Tutorial)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    It'll be soon. We're ready to go. I'm in a meeting ATM (and the client is being very chatty! Grrr). But as soon as I'm done with that, I'll be putting together the release. Probably in the next hour or so.
    Oh yeah!!! Eager to see this new build

Great job guys! Thanks a lot for all the efforts.
    -= Proud member of the MAC guild on Khyber =-
    Aganthor (Completionist (4/13), Human Paladin, L7)
    Alts: Caitlan (Ftr) / Gimlinas (Barb) / Chakmar (Sorc) / Shureyoucan (Monk) / Nessyia (Ranger), Dystran (Cleric), Karkwa (Rogue-Acrobat), Mekkanik (WF FvS), etc.

Okay gang, this is it. The new release is up.

http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO/DDOCharGen.html

If you are seeing a release that starts with 03 instead of 04, please flush your browser caches and reload the page. I assure you, the new version is there.

I'm going to be adding a few things to this post, but I don't want to hold up anyone that wants to get the planner while I'm typing stuff. So I'll edit it in after I post this. Go get it gang....

===================================
    EDIT 1:

I tend to get a lot of credit for the Character Planner, but in reality the planner has been a team effort for about four years now. A LOT of work went into this latest release, and by no means or by any stretch of the imagination did I do it alone. I cannot stress enough that without the help of the team, this release would not now be happening. It may, in fact, not have happened at all, as the planner has grown beyond the ability of any single person. More work was poured into this version of the planner than has been put into it since it was first created. A lot of people chipped in, but there are three other people I want to mention in particular.

Dragonstar- Dragon has been with the planner for a long time (almost since it went "team"). For this release, Dragon took lead on design of the enhancement text files. He also designed and implemented the interface screen. He was instrumental in creating all the program classes that went into this update. He did a lot of work on the code (nearly all of the enhancement code is his creation, I helped out on a few subsystems, but he did the majority of the work there). He made graphics where we needed graphics. We are all incredibly lucky to have his help with this project.

Garix- While Dragon and I tried our best to help out with the data input, we were pretty swamped with trying to get things working in code. Thus, the burden of putting in almost 26,000 lines of text data covering 48 enhancement trees largely fell onto two other people. Garix was one of those people. I can't overstate how many hours went into this task, which involved painstakingly entering text line by line, making sure each line was correct (an incorrect line could just bork a character, or it could crash the program). Try going through the huge number of lines in the text files and making sure you didn't miss a semi-colon somewhere, or put a semi-colon where a colon was meant to go, or drop an extra "warforged" where you meant to put "drow". It's crazy hard what these two did, and they did it with enthusiasm.

blackdae- BD was our other data input person, along with Garix, and everything I said there applies to her as well. Hours upon hours of time put in on the data input stuff. In addition, she took charge of tracking our bugs as the interface was coming together, and put in hours of extensive testing to make sure everything was working right, checking it against the game, which is no trivial task in itself. I was continually amazed at her level of attention to detail.

What did I do? Well, I provided support for Dragon, helping out on the coding where I could. I did some of the systems in the enhancement screen (the tooltip system was my baby, heh). I spent a lot of time working with graphics (many many icons). I was desperately trying to finish up the new printout (a task that was only completed this morning, heh). I put in a few trees worth of data. But really, my efforts were dwarfed by these other three people.

Please, I beg you, shower them with reputation where you can. They deserve it!

===================================
    EDIT 2:

We're calling this version a Beta. So much code got changed, including two major systems, that bugs were bound to get through. Many many bugs I'm expecting a lot of bug reports. So please do be careful when you design your characters. Always take with a grain of salt what the planner tells you, and that goes especially true for this version. I'd hate to think I screwed up someone's build because of a bug in the planner. I hope that doesn't happen very often, though I'm sure it has happened.

If something doesn't seem right, or out-and-out doesn't work, let us know so we can take a look at it.

Me and the team are going to take a day or two to recharge. It's been a long two months for us. We will then dive back into the code and get things fixed (and implement what we didn't get in from Patch 2). My expectations are it will be about a week before the next version appears, unless we have to do an emergency patch or something.

Some of the icons are pretty rough (especially the feat icons). We will fix them over time. Sometimes we just needed to get something in there and move on. We will work on getting better graphics where they are needed.

Speaking of which, a lot of graphics changed. If you are one of those people that just overwrites the old version of the planner with the new one, I would suggest at the least erasing the Graphics folder before you update. Otherwise you will have a lot of unused graphics in there (which won't hurt anything per-se, but they don't really need to be there).

Other areas of the program that are pretty rough involve the printout. I overhauled it over the last several months, and in general am fairly happy with it. But the snapshot printout is still in very rough form right now. The "Defense" section doesn't print any data at them moment. The font used in the header of the printout needs to be changed. I still need to add a couple more sections for Destinies and Pets (neither of which are in the planner yet, so I wasn't going to worry about them too much, but they still need to have a space to live).

Also, there is no leveling guide printout yet. I will be working on that during this week in between fixing bugs, and will hopefully have it in for the next version. In the meantime, I think you guys can use the "snapshot" printout for helping you with leveling. Granted, you won't have a step-by-step guide, but it should be okay for temporary usage.

Unless I've forgotten something, I think that's all I had to say. Do send us bug reports. You can post in this thread, or over on my board. Or even just PM one of the team members if you want. There is also a Mantis Bug Reporting tool on my site if you prefer that method.

-Ron
    Last edited by Ron; 09-23-2013 at 02:39 PM.
    "They laughed when I said I was going to be a comedian ... They're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

If you are seeing a release that starts with 03 instead of 04, please flush your browser caches and reload the page. I assure you, the new version is there.

I'm going to be adding a few things to this post, but I don't want to hold up anyone that wants to get the planner while I'm typing stuff. So I'll edit it in after I post this. Go get it gang....
    Should we expect you and your team to take a break for a bit before making updates to match patch 2?

And thank you for releasing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Should we expect you and your team to take a break for a bit before making updates to match patch 2?

And thank you for releasing this.
    Some bits are already done. Warpriest for example. The other changes will come soon(TM)
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

Since this is version 4 you should open a new thread

Phenomenal job, thank you

One minor thing I noticed, the tome section says 1 to 4 points in the text. You can boost the stat by 5 points, so nothing wrong there, just the text. Its not important to me, just something I noticed.

Community Member WilliamBraveheart's Avatar

Default bug

ok
    build is Human 2 rogue/ 18 druid/ 8 epic
    cannot increase ability score for level 28

Lookin for sumthin to kill!!

Quote Originally Posted by Garix View Post
    Some bits are already done. Warpriest for example. The other changes will come soon(TM)
    I hope they include the "new" icon for stalwart defender.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdae View Post
    Since this is version 4 you should open a new thread
    Yeah, I thought about that. But everyone comes here looking for info. A lot of people are subscribed to this thread. What do y'all think? New thread for new Major Version?

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBraveheart View Post
    ok
    build is Human 2 rogue/ 18 druid/ 8 epic
    cannot increase ability score for level 28
    Yay! Our first bug report. Okay, we'll look at it.

Scholar of Treasure Dragon.Star's Avatar

Yeah, I thought about that. But everyone comes here looking for info. A lot of people are subscribed to this thread. What do y'all think? New thread for new Major Version?

Yay! Our first bug report. Okay, we'll look at it.
    Just change the title to reflect Series 4, if you can't; maybe a forum dev could help out.
    Guild: Ghallanda Rerolled
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Version 04.20.02)

Nevermind, figured it out.r?

To you and the others who have worked hard on putting this together..

THANK YOU!!

oh and..

THANK YOU again!!!
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

to the whole team, from the bottom of my heart thankyou

now i can make builds till the cows come home and have the
    wife moan moan moan wahoooooooooo.

your friend sil

Community Member

Excellent. Thank you, and all your team - this should make things much easier...

We're calling this version a Beta. So much code got changed, including two major systems, that bugs were bound to get through. Many many bugs I'm expecting a lot of bug reports. So please do be careful when you design your characters. Always take with a grain of salt what the planner tells you, and that goes especially true for this version. I'd hate to think I screwed up someone's build because of a bug in the planner. I hope that doesn't happen very often, though I'm sure it has happened.
    Do send us bug reports. You can post in this thread, ...
    Oh yes, bugs are expected. No less because DDO itself is hardly bug-free...

So far I've found one thing that I think probably is an actual issue, and another that's probably just an UI glitch:

* Multiclass clerics that take some other class at level 1, don't get to take the new Cleric class feats at all in the planner? I tried a couple of race and class combinations, same symptom.

(I have one cleric-splashed mostly-rogue that I LR'd, and that one did get to take the Cleric class feat at the only cleric level so far.)

* I had Swim show up as "n/a" initially in the build I used for testing. Even after putting 3 points into it. Changed to normal when I'd put points in the next skill.
    F2p, the favor-farming kind. Currently 2 characters on each server, self-sufficiency usually preferred.

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Great work guys and infinite thanks for your efforts.

I nominate Ron and team for Employees of the Year at Turbine headquarters.
    The Count of Monte Cristo ~ Greytusk ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler
    Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai
    Hassan's Assassin ~ Esoteris Discordia ~ 71 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin
    Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged/survivability focused WF artificer

Community Member

New thread, then post a notification of and link to the new thread here.

so far every old template I try to load is reporting errors with too many skill points spent. In one case it reported that I spent 62 too many skill points
    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.01
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

gps 
    Level 28 Neutral Good Human Male
    (1 Fighter \ 1 Rogue \ 18 Ranger \ 8 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 374
    Spell Points: 0 
    BAB: 19\19\24\29\29
    Fortitude: 16
    Reflex: 16
    Will: 6

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 28)
    Strength             12                    17
    Dexterity            16                    16
    Constitution         16                    16
    Intelligence         14                    16
    Wisdom               10                    10
    Charisma              8                     8

Tomes Used
    +2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 11

Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 28)
    Balance               7                    15
    Bluff                -1                    17
    Concentration         5                    22
    Diplomacy            -1                    11.5
    Disable Device        6                    19.5
    Haggle                3                    16
    Heal                  0                    14
    Hide                  3                    51
    Intimidate           -1                    14
    Jump                  5                    21
    Listen                0                    41
    Move Silently         3                    25
    Open Lock             7                    17.5
    Perform              n/a                   18.5
    Repair                2                    17.5
    Search                6                    23
    Spellcraft            4                    19
    Spot                  0                    21
    Swim                  5                    23
    Tumble                7                    25
    Use Magic Device     -1                    12

Level 1 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Dodge
    Feat: (Human Bonus) Mobility

Level 2 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Undead

Level 3 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 4 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Two Weapon Defense

Level 5 (Ranger)

Level 6 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Selected) Spring Attack

Level 7 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Elf

Level 8 (Ranger)

Level 9 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Piercing Weapons

Level 10 (Ranger)

Level 11 (Ranger)

Level 12 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Evil Outsider
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons

Level 13 (Ranger)

Level 14 (Ranger)

Level 15 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Selected) Point Blank Shot

Level 16 (Ranger)

Level 17 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Aberration

Level 18 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Selected) Precision

Level 19 (Ranger)

Level 20 (Ranger)

Level 21 (Ranger)

Level 22 (Ranger)

Level 23 (Ranger)

Level 24 (Ranger)

Level 25 (Ranger)

Level 26 (Ranger)

Level 27 (Ranger)

Level 28 (Ranger)
    Here is the build if that helps, but it is also happening with my pure fighter and pure rogue. For this build it reports that I spent too many points at level 13 (-1), at level 19 (-62) and at level 20 (-59).

On my Rogue it show I spent point in spellcraft (which I did not of course) and reporting too many skill points at level 1, 14, 17, 18 and at 19 (-75) and 20 (-98).

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.01
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Gijo 
    Level 28 True Neutral Halfling Male
    (20 Rogue \ 8 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 360
    Spell Points: 0 
    BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
    Fortitude: 10
    Reflex: 22
    Will: 8

Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (36 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 28)
    Strength             10                    13
    Dexterity            18                    28
    Constitution         14                    17
    Intelligence         18                    22
    Wisdom                8                    12
    Charisma              8                    12

Tomes Used
    +1 Tome of Strength used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Constitution used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Charisma used at level 3
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 6
    +2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 6
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 6
    +2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 6
    +2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 6
    +2 Tome of Charisma used at level 6
    +3 Tome of Strength used at level 10
    +3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 10
    +3 Tome of Constitution used at level 10
    +3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 10
    +3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 10
    +3 Tome of Charisma used at level 10
    +4 Tome of Dexterity used at level 14
    +4 Tome of Intelligence used at level 14
    +4 Tome of Wisdom used at level 14
    +4 Tome of Charisma used at level 14

Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 28)
    Balance               8                    23
    Bluff                 3                    36
    Concentration         2                    20
    Diplomacy             3                    29
    Disable Device        8                    49
    Haggle               -1                    30
    Heal                 -1                    17.5
    Hide                  8                    56
    Intimidate           -1                    30
    Jump                  4                    28
    Listen               -1                    64
    Move Silently         8                    38
    Open Lock             8                    35
    Perform              n/a                   31
    Repair                4                    29
    Search                8                    31
    Spellcraft            6                    37.5
    Spot                 -1                    31
    Swim                  4                    24
    Tumble                8                    59
    Use Magic Device      0                    25

Level 1 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Dodge
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Artificer
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Rogue
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Rogue

Level 2 (Rogue)

Level 3 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Mobility

Level 4 (Rogue)

Level 5 (Rogue)

Level 6 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Two Weapon Fighting

Level 7 (Rogue)

Level 8 (Rogue)

Level 9 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting

Level 10 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Improved Evasion

Level 11 (Rogue)

Level 12 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Piercing Weapons

Level 13 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Crippling Strike

Level 14 (Rogue)

Level 15 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting

Level 16 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Opportunist

Level 17 (Rogue)

Level 18 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Precision

Level 19 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Skill Mastery

Level 20 (Rogue)

Level 21 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Improved Sneak Attack

Level 22 (Rogue)

Level 23 (Rogue)

Level 24 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Past Life: Sneak of Shadows

Level 25 (Rogue)

Level 26 (Rogue)

Level 27 (Rogue)

Level 28 (Rogue)
    Again both of these builds were created in character planner 3.16.01 and opened in the new one.

I will recreate them in the new one from scratch. Thanks again for all the hard work.
    Last edited by Bolo_Grubb; 09-23-2013 at 04:11 PM.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

Community Member

Thank you to all who worked on this project. I'm sure you've heard it before, but it is very much appreciated. And now for the bugs

Quote Originally Posted by mna View Post
    I had Swim show up as "n/a" initially in the build I used for testing. Even after putting 3 points into it. Changed to normal when I'd put points in the next skill.
    Also seeing this with tumble, but the "n/a" doesn't go away even after putting several points into tumble or other skills.

The selectable monk adept/master/grandmaster of forms feats aren't appearing on the available feats list.

Ten thousand stars is showing up, but is not selectable as the level 6 monk bonus feat.

edit: a build with fighter levels gets a bonus fighter feat at lvls 24, 26, and 28.

edit2: the mousover in kensai tree for haste boost is showing attack boost.

edit3: t3 contemplation in kensai tree is not adding +1 passive ki gen.
    Last edited by peng; 09-23-2013 at 04:58 PM. Reason: added more bugs

Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast