Index of Eldritch Crafting Thread - The Next 4 Pages
Introduction to Eldrich Devices
- Ingredients & Terminologies
- Stone of Change Recipies
Altar of Fecuntity Recipies (In Meridia)
- Vale Ingredients & Recipes
- Green Steel Recipes
Green Steel Weapon & Item Upgrade Lists
- Raid Ingredients & Recipes
- Tier 1 (Altar of Invasion) Upgrade Paths
- Tier 2 (Altar of Subjugation) Upgrade Paths
- Tier 2 Specail Effects
- Tier 3 (Altar of Devastation) Upgrade Paths
- Tier 3 Specail Effects
GItem Creation Walk Through
- Supreme Tyrant Helmut of Wizardry VI
RECENT THREAD HIGHLIGHTS - "Save time and catch up on the important recent posts in the thread"
Last Update: In progress, Page 166. or this post for those who have changed the number of posts per page.
Last Major Topic of the Thread - "Tier 3 Special Upgrades (ie mix Foci Bonus Effect)"
NEW!! 20th Shroud completetion Reward included : choice of several +2 /+3 tomes or and essence of Cleansing
(Essence of Cleansing Used to Cleanse Green Steel Accories so you can wear more than 1 at a time)
Ok all the tier 3 Special Effects have been found.. Find them at the bottom of the Shard upgrade post below (click here).
Also we keep getting several questions over and over in the thread because its soooo long for people to search through, see the following Q&A List.
Answers to common questions (Thanks Willphase for providing answers to PMed questions)
- All the recipes for Green steel items have been uncovered - there is no secret special rapier or greataxe etc. recipe.
- Multiple shards combinations only work on the third upgrade .
- There are no 3 shard recipes.
- Only Multiple shards creating a known Aspect will combine.
- Combining Single Focus Shards (eg 2 x positive to make a positive super shard) is not expected to yield anything special, except pehaps a waste of 12 valuable large ingredients.
- It is beleived that only shards created with the with the same gem and essence will successfully combine at the altar of Devastation.
- If you chose a single focus upgrade path the only way to unlock your 3rd tier specail bonus is to add a Supreme shard of the same focus e.g. you put fire at tier 1 and fire at tier 2, you have to add a fire shard to the third tie to gain your specila bonus.
- If you have an item with a mixed focus aspect (ie not fire fire, positive, positive etc) Then only by adding a "Super" Shard at the 3rd Altar (Devastation) that matches the existing elemental aspect (e.g. 'Aspect of ...' on the item description) will you unlock the tier 3 special bonus effect. e.g. you put Fire at tier 1 and Negative at Tier 2, you must add an Ash shard. Exception: Balance of Land and Sky requires a Tempered Shard, and Tempered requires a Balance of Land and Sky shard.
- When combining Supreme Shards, the dominant element will be determined by the following order: Water, Fire, Earth, Air, Positive, Negative E.g. Fire beats Positive. e.g. Positive beats Negative. Exception: Air beats Water. The dominant element determines the tier 3 effect. E.g. it's not possible to get Good Blast on a mineral II weapon.
- Interesting Fact: You do not have to get a bonus effect at tier 3 if you don't want to e.g. you could go Positive Dominion Material then Earth Dominion Material then Positive Dominion Material and end up with a +5 holy acid burst weapon of good blast with no bonus effect - if you really really wanted Good Blast over Acid Blast, Transmuting, Keen, Slicing... (save yourself 12 ingredients!)
Handy Links to Information on Crafting.
Lists of Information similar to this thread:
DDO Wiki on Crafting
Inkblack's Crafting Spreadsheet
Captain Grims Crafting Spreadsheet
DDO Crafting webstie (Updated every 12 hours apparently)
Handy Link to Crafting Applications / Helpers:
Zaodon's Crafting Ingredient Lookup -- Very Helpful Resource !!
Tknor's Crafting Helper Website
Binnsr Crafting Excel Spreadsheet
Credits: While this thread has been a community effort I have the following acknowledgements.
*Much of the original information (green steel upgrade recipies) for this post is based on the work of Lauranthis on the Risa Forum- Known Recipes - Tier 2 Ingredients. Dimz originally contributed good information from his thread on Power Shard Eldritch Device Raid Upgrading!.
*Thanks to Willphase Kargon and others that invested in bringing us the tier 3 uipgrade Philosophy and many upgrade recipes.
I haven't thanked everyone here that deserves it but it has really been a community effort.