Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Hero
    Knight of Movember

Post DDO Creature Compilation

December 15, 2012

The ddo wiki now has an awesome resource for checking out the various ddocreatures: http://ddowiki.com/page/Monster_Information

Beware, it takes a couple extra moments to load but is well worth the wait.

February 12, 2010

I would like to thank those who have been contributing to this resource. If anyone else has the the time and inclination, I have opened this spreadsheet so that anyone may access it and I am hopeful everyone will be respectful in assisting. If you do help, please double-check your work. If you only use this as a reference, if you sort, please re-sort in alphabetical order when you are done and, please, do not unlock the header line and if you accidentally delete a title or name or information, please "undo" it before you exit the page. Here is the link:

DDO Creature Compilation v3

Caveats:

I have attempted to get this information from multiple places and by cross-referencing as much as possible to avoid inaccuracy. My sources included the DDO web site, the d20srd web site (http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/monsters.htm), D&D publications, threads and posts in these forums and personal experience. If you have additions, suggestions or corrections please edit the spreadsheet or let me know in this thread or by pm. All feedback is truly appreciated and I give a sincere thank you to all who have contributed (a big thank you to MrCow).

Disclaimer: Not all DDO creatures appear in the d20 web site and not all creature abilities are exactly the same when they do appear. Turbine may, and does, take liberty with creature specific characteristics and abilities.
    Last edited by Hafeal; 12-15-2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Update link
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

I started one of these not too long ago but due to a hard drive crash lost all of my info.
    Just a couple of things

Beholders
    Type = Abberations
    Attacks = Bite / 10 ray attacks, Telekenisis, Inflict Critical Wounds, Flesh to Stone, Disintegrate, Finger of Death, Charm Person, Charm Monster, Sleep, Slow, Antimagic cone (from central eye)
    Special Qualities = Levitation

Demon Queen is a Marilith Demon detailed in the SRD.

Fire Reavers, Flesh Renders and Ice Flensers were created specifically for DDO. They arn't documented elsewhere.

Warforged
    Type = Living Construct
    Alignment = Any
    Attack = Slam 1d6+str / by weapon
    Special Qualities = Immunity to Sleep, Exhaustion, Poison & Disease. 25% fortification, -50% effectiveness from spells from the 'healing' school. DR 2/Adamantine, Spells and effects that effect both humanoids and constructs effect Warforged unless otherwise stated.
    Meh.....

Hero
    Knight of Movember

Default Ty

Updated with your input Katrina, thanks.

A mobile construct citadel in the Mournland where I plot fleshling death.

As far as the flesh renders, ice flensers, and fire reavers, a player posted recently on some data he painstakingly collected about their stats. I think it was cowdenicus...***edit: it was MrCow***

And for the iron/mithral defenders where you put "immune to charm", it would be more accurate and encompassing to put "immune to enchantment spells".
    Last edited by Ghoste; 11-10-2007 at 10:48 AM.
    My Videos Shadow Mage (ok, it's a build now)
    A forum post should be like a skirt - long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
    Britches and Hose kidnapped my dog and are forcing him to farm Shroud ingredients.

Hero
    Knight of Movember

Default Ty

Clarified it for you Ghoste. Hope this works. I forgot to list Mithril types so they are now included.

Can anyone else verify but adamantine should work on the mithril too?

Transmutation, I am guessing, works on all D/R creatures, including defenders and warforged?

T,

All I can say is - Awsome writeup, I tend to be an over the top organiser freak but this is something I never sat down to bother doing. Thank you so much and I am sure this will help me get more fam with the mobs out there as a ref tool

Great Job!
    QTip Jones (20 Cleric) Nestorious 2.0 (20 Fvs) Eulogist Delivered (11 Rngr)

Hero
    Knight of Movember

Default Ty

Thanks for the kind words Nestorious. I was a little worried people wouldn't really see a need for this or like it. The response has been positive. I am looking forward to some well informed people here on the forums being able to help me to improve it and make it more complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoste
    As far as the flesh renders, ice flensers, and fire reavers, a player posted recently on some data he painstakingly collected about their stats. I think it was cowdenicus...
    Close, it was me that made the render/reaver/flenser post.

Issues/clarifications that I can find

Zombie: It may be better to label the disease as Filth Fever (1d3 DEX damage, 1d3 CON damage)

Dread Zombie: Neutral Evil

Wight (any): Lawful Evil

Glacier Wolf/Winter Wolf: Ice Breath, Neutral Evil, Magical Beast type

All versions of slimes and oozes: Acid Damage on Slam Attack

Carcass Eater: True Neutral, does not carry a disease

Undead Rat: Neutral evil (like a zombie), no rage, should carry filth fever disease

Umbral Skeletons: Don't exist

Umbral Gargoyles/Worgs: Lawful Evil, deals STR damage on touch, +2 turn resistance

Ghostly Skeleton: Add the critter, Lawful Evil, Blunt based damage when attacking you, Immune to all non-good weapon attacks

Invisible Stalker: More specifically, it is an Air elemental

Troglodyte, Any: Chaotic Evil

Thaarak Hound: Acid Resistance, DR to physical attacks but bypassed by lawful attacks (or is it cold iron/law?)

Pirate: Chaotic Neutral

Mephit of Risia: You didn't spell it right

Illithid: Usually Lawful Evil

Duergar: Always a morality of Evil, differs in ethical style

Gnoll: Racial type of Gnoll, uses a bite attack

Gargoyle: Most people play on hard/elite difficulties and due the HD inflation and the monstrous humanoid type, the are quite likely to have higher will saves than fortitude/reflex saves on elite

Cinderspawn: Chaotic Evil, Undead with fire subtype (not an elemental)
    Last edited by MrCow; 11-08-2007 at 06:43 PM.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Default Cool~

Nice spreadsheet man, thanks for putting that together.

On my first pass through the only thing I noticed that you might want to fix is that your entry for "Storm Giants" should be "Cloud Giants" I think. The guys in the Tor (Nimbus-like) are Clouds.. the only Storms we have are Sorjek and the Stormreaver. Peace

Hero
    Knight of Movember

Default Ty

Updated, thanks Oran. I just added Cloud Giants per the d20 site.

Quote Originally Posted by Oran Lathor View Post
    Nice spreadsheet man, thanks for putting that together.

On my first pass through the only thing I noticed that you might want to fix is that your entry for "Storm Giants" should be "Cloud Giants" I think. The guys in the Tor (Nimbus-like) are Clouds.. the only Storms we have are Sorjek and the Stormreaver. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    Ghostly Skeleton: Add the critter, Lawful Evil, Blunt based damage when attacking you, Immune to all non-good weapon attacks
    Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that they have DR against non-good weapon attacks? If you use your +5 morningstar against one, you'll get yellow numbers, not 'immune' messages.
    -=]ArchAngels[=-

Considering Ghostly skeletons have a DR that seems to be infinite like Iron Golems have SR that seems to be infinite (to duplicate the fact that it is being used as an immunity) then I'd say it is safe to label it as "immune" even if it doesn't make immune messages or immune graphics.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Hero
    Knight of Movember

Default Ty

MrCow, thanks for the in-depth info, greatly appreciated. The only discrepency I have is that many creatures with multiple sub-types carry different alignments (this is consistent with the d20 site as well). So, on some of your suggestions, I am not sure all creatures of the same sub-type have the same alignment all the time. All comments are in red. Thank you again.

Close, it was me that made the render/reaver/flenser post.

Issues/clarifications that I can find

check Zombie: It may be better to label the disease as Filth Fever (1d3 DEX damage, 1d3 CON damage)

I found reg Zombies are NE and Dread are LE, are you sure? - Dread Zombie: Neutral Evil

Again I found High Priest is NE - Wight (any): Lawful Evil

check Glacier Wolf/Winter Wolf: Ice Breath, Neutral Evil, Magical Beast type

check All versions of slimes and oozes: Acid Damage on Slam Attack

check Carcass Eater: True Neutral, does not carry a disease

check Undead Rat: Neutral evil (like a zombie), no rage, should carry filth fever disease

yikes, check
    Umbral Skeletons: Don't exist

check - are they Undead, magical beasts ? Umbral Gargoyles/Worgs: Lawful Evil, deals STR damage on touch, +2 turn resistance

check Ghostly Skeleton: Add the critter, Lawful Evil, Blunt based damage when attacking you, Immune to all non-good weapon attacks

check Invisible Stalker: More specifically, it is an Air elemental

as b4, I found different types of trogs to be diff alignments
    - Troglodyte, Any: Chaotic Evil

check, it is cold iron - Thaarak Hound: Acid Resistance, DR to physical attacks but bypassed by lawful attacks (or is it cold iron/law?)

check Pirate: Chaotic Neutral

check Mephit of Risia: You didn't spell it right

check Illithid: Usually Lawful Evil

check Duergar: Always a morality of Evil, differs in ethical style

I did not think Gnoll is a creature type, did you mean giant? - Gnoll: Racial type of Gnoll, uses a bite attack

My info on that was direct from DDO web site - Gargoyle: Most people play on hard/elite difficulties and due the HD inflation and the monstrous humanoid type, the are quite likely to have higher will saves than fortitude/reflex saves on elite

check Cinderspawn: Chaotic Evil, Undead with fire subtype (not an elemental)

May take a bit, but I'll get you visual confirmation of the things you are doubting.

First, dread zombies are not lawful.

Next, Troglodyte Warlocks are not lawful.

Next, Wight High Priests are not neutral, they are lawful (combat log has it taking anarchic damage).

Gnoll is as gnoll does. Gnolls are of the race of gnolls.

Also, all umbrals and shadows are undead. I don't think I need to get picture proof for that.
    Last edited by MrCow; 11-08-2007 at 11:04 PM.
    Server - Thelanis

Wow, talk about a guide that was desperately needed! Thank you, tmdag4. I would be happy to help in any way that I can. Too bad you didn’t get this guide up for the competition: you would have definitely received my vote!

Regarding the chart, would you have any interest in adding more specificity on the DRs, such as DR/blunt for skellies and DR/slash for zombies? Or in adding smiting/banishing to effective weapon types where applicable? If so, I will give you all the info I have.
    Thelanis: Mithran, Mithrana, Aggrond, Arcanned, Ainadan, and others

Hero
    Knight of Movember

Default Ty

MrCow, who am I to doubt? Thanks for the visual confirmations, all changes made and updated!

Quote Originally Posted by Agarwaen View Post
    Wow, talk about a guide that was desperately needed! Thank you, tmdag4. I would be happy to help in any way that I can. Too bad you didn’t get this guide up for the competition: you would have definitely received my vote!

Regarding the chart, would you have any interest in adding more specificity on the DRs, such as DR/blunt for skellies and DR/slash for zombies? Or in adding smiting/banishing to effective weapon types where applicable? If so, I will give you all the info I have.
    Agarwaen -

That info is in the spreadsheet if you scroll to your right. Granted, it is spotty and any info you have to supplement what is already there would be greatly appreciated!

Community Member Dworkin_of_Amber's Avatar

One other suggestion for you: Add 5 check boxes to the end, displaying if the creature type can be affected by Vorpal, paralyizng, banishing, smiting, and disruption. While many know what can and can't, it would be a good addition for newbs.

ie:
    Vampires: Vorpal, Disruption, Paralyzing
    Skeleton: Disruption, Paralyzing
    Flesh Golem: Vorpal, Paralyizing, Smiting

etc.
    Benedict, Beldin, Dworkin... too many to list
    Founder: Guild of Amber (Mabar/Argo)

Hero
    Knight of Movember

Default Ty

I will look to doing this with the assistance of the work you have put in.

Thank you for your help and interest!

Quote Originally Posted by Dworkin of Amber View Post
    One other suggestion for you: Add 5 check boxes to the end, displaying if the creature type can be affected by Vorpal, paralyizng, banishing, smiting, and disruption. While many know what can and can't, it would be a good addition for newbs.

ie:
    Vampires: Vorpal, Disruption, Paralyzing
    Skeleton: Disruption, Paralyzing
    Flesh Golem: Vorpal, Paralyizing, Smiting

etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tmdag4
    MrCow, who am I to doubt?
    Oh, please, doubt me. I know I am prone to error.
    Server - Thelanis

Hero
    Knight of Movember

Default Ah yes ...

... to err is human, dwarf, elf, drow, halfling or warforged.

Oh, please, doubt me. I know I am prone to error.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast