Diary of a PD Solo Project
Highest level achieved yet: 3/2/2 Cleric/Rogue/Paladin - Earned 758 Favor
Updating this first post with info and videos of my character deaths.
I'm looking to embark on a solo permadeath project with some challenging rules to keep the game exciting and interesting for myself. I love DDO but the TR grind has caused me to lose interest in the game. The excitement of permadeath play is really what i need to breath some life back into it. Most of the rules I'll follow are similar to most pd guilds.
Only use gear that I've found, no AH or brokers.
All quests done on Hard or Elite only with no xp penalty.
Can farm for items, but only on Hard or Elite with no xp penalty.
No hirelings except for pulling levers where required.
No Quest Re-entry.
Can retain one heirloom item.
The hardest decision for me was weather or not to include the use of regular vendors or not. With no access to unlimited pots and scrolls my build choices will change drastically and it will be a far more challenging style of play. I'll be building for total self sufficiency. I'm going to attempt it for now without the use of vendors and see how it goes. Edit: After several attempts I've decided to allow regular vendors. Even with the use of them I'm finding the game play extremely challenging solo!
I think the gameplay with be extremely challenging for me, and the risks exciting.
I've got a couple builds in mind, maybe a zen AA clonk or WF arti. We'll see.
Highest level achieved in this project: 7
Heirloom past down to future hero's:
Radiance septre of radiance lore(level 4 item)
The Fallen Hero's/ The Quests they died in:
1. 1/1 Artificer/Cleric - Sacrifices - Died while incapacitated after taking falling damage and getting blasted by the Arcane Skeleton.
2. 1/1 Artificer/Cleric - Havadasher - Overwhelmed by scorpions, went incap and bled to death. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQvdF...ature=youtu.be
3. 1/1/1 Artificer/Fvs/Monk - The Butcher's Path - Warlock Cyressy cast hold and fireballed me to death. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhxpYy9oNEY
4. 4/1/1 Fvs/Artificer/Monk - Repossession - Triple hit my electrical trap damage that I failed to disable.
5. 5/1/1 Fvs/Arti/Monk - Died in spike trap in Partycrashers
6. 5 Cleric/1 Rogue - Burned to death in Depths of Darkness fire trap.
7. 3/Cleric/2Rogue/2Pally - Died in spike traps in Partycrasher's