Diary of a PD Solo Project
Highest level achieved yet!, 5/1/1 fvs/arti/monk
Updating this first post with info and videos of my character deaths.
I'm looking to embark on a solo permadeath project with some challenging rules to keep the game exciting and interesting for myself. I love DDO but the TR grind has caused me to lose interest in the game. The excitement of permadeath play is really what i need to breath some life back into it. Most of the rules I'll follow are similar to most pd guilds but I'm going to use a more elaborate heirloom system.
Only use gear that I've found, no AH, brokers, or vendors.
All quests done on Hard or Elite only with no xp penalty.
Can farm for items, but only on Hard or Elite with no xp penalty.
No hirelings except for pulling levers where required.
No Quest Re-entry.
Can retain a number of heirlooms equal to the highest level I've achieved in this style of play.
The hardest decision for me was weather or not to include the use of regular vendors or not. With no access to unlimited pots and scrolls my build choices will change drastically and it will be a far more challenging style of play. I'll be building for total self sufficiency. I'm going to attempt it for now without the use of vendors and see how it goes.
I think the gameplay with be extremely challenging for me, and the risks exciting, but my heirloom system will provide me with a sense that not all of my hard earned work is gone forever. Losing my life will be enough.
I've got a couple builds in mind, maybe a zen AA clonk or WF arti. We'll see.
Highest level achieved in this project: 7
Heirlooms pasted down to future hero's:
1. +2 Acid Heavy Repeating Crossbow
2. Belt of Invisibility
3. Cloak of Lesser Restoration
4. Belt of Moderate Fort.
5. Outfit of Invulnerabilty (crafted)
6. Ring of Heroism(1/day)
7. Clever Ring +3
The Fallen Hero's/ The Quests they died in:
1. 1/1 Artificer/Cleric - Sacrifices - Died while incapacitated after taking falling damage and getting blasted by the Arcane Skeleton.
2. 1/1 Artificer/Cleric - Havadasher - Overwhelmed by scorpions, went incap and bled to death. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQvdF...ature=youtu.be
3. 1/1/1 Artificer/Fvs/Monk - The Butcher's Path - Warlock Cyressy cast hold and fireballed me to death. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhxpYy9oNEY
4. 4/1/1 Fvs/Artificer/Monk - Repossession - Triple hit my electrical trap damage that I failed to disable.