The Ministry of Destruction
This is the official guild information page for The Ministry of Destruction. I will be updating the OP periodically to reflect changes in the guild as they happen.
THE MINISTRY OF DESTRUCTION (aka "The MoD")
NEW! Official Website: themod.guildlaunch.com
Guild Demographic: Based in the United States, Eastern Time (GMT -5). Moderately active in the afternoon. Highly active in the evenings.
Current Level: 93
We are The Ministry of Destruction, a small team-oriented guild focused on endgame raiding, epic questing, and frequent power-leveling and TR groups. We've been around since Summer 2010, and have successfully run most of the content in the game to date. We're known for our friendly, laid-back playstyle. We welcome experienced end-game players with similar playstyles who want to play the game because its a game.
Guild Leader: Altablade
Guild Officers: Aidionus, Cryosoul, Cliffhaven, Rindolh, Melserpina, Bibimbap, Xminusx
Alliance/Channel Contacts: Cryohazard or Bibimbap
Primary Recruiter(s): Cryohazard or Aidionus
Recruitment Status: Accepting Applications!
Please Read "How to Apply" below for more details.
- Must be active, and committed. We want you to play with us frequently, and for a very very long time.
- Must be respectful of other players. We hate drama. Hate it. Its a game. And we're human beings.
- Must have access to most/all content in the game. All of our members are Premium or VIP. The MoD is not a f2p-friendly guild.
- Experience is a plus. If you're a brand new player, MoD probably isn't the best guild for you to learn how to play the game with. That being said, we also don't expect you to have the DDOwiki memorized, but a little experience goes a long way in getting you up to speed with The MoD.
- Capped Characters (Lvl 20+) are a plus. We run a significant chunk of endgame content, and we would like to run the tough stuff with you right off the bat.
- Willingness to lead is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Make a Guildlaunch account, and apply to our website. During the application, you will need fill out the application questionair. Its nothing major, but please be thorough and honest. Once you submit it, your answers will be automatically posted to our Application Forum. Check back frequently, because we'll be reviewing it as soon as humanly possible.
- Get in contact with the officers. We''ll go over the guild policy with you to make sure everything's clear. We'll also be more than happy to answer any questions you might have about The MoD, and we'll probably have our fair share of questions after reviewing your application. Its worth noting that the more interactive you are with us, the more likely you're going to get recruited!
- Participate in a trial period. This can last anywhere from a few days to a month. We invite you to run stuff with us as often as you can. Its not complicated or serious like "sponsoring" or "probation" would be. Its merely just an opportunity for you to run some quests or raids with us before you actually join the guild. The officers will also be observing your behavior and judging if you will be a good fit with the guild.
- Membership will require a majority vote by the officers. This may occur at any point during the trial period. A "no" vote will lead to the immediate termination of The MoD's recruitment process, and the two parties will respectfully go their seperate ways. A "yes" vote results in the player receiving a formal invite to the guild. If the invite is accepted, the applicant will become The MoD's newest member, and will enjoy all rights and privileges accompanied by his/her membership status.
THE MoD's ABREVIATED GUILD POLICY
(The full policy can be found here)
- Be active and participate! Play as frequently as your schedule allows. Most of our members are daily players, we hope you're just as active! We welcome participation in our raids & leveling groups. We also welcome people taking the initiative to lead their own groups. Forum participation (the DDO forum as well as our private Guildlaunch forum) is also recommended.
- Be Civil. You're playing with other human beings. Treat them accordingly. We don't have an age limit; we only ask that you be mature. Don't throw a fit if you don't get your way. Give constructive advice and offer assistance, if possible. Remember, its just a game.
- Don't be an <explicative> with loot. MoD's will always put unwanted items up for roll, regardless of player names or guild tags. We ask (not require) that other party members respect the rights of other players in the group. Remember, its just a game.
- Discipline: MoD runs on a "Three strikes and you're out" system. This applies to MoD members, other players, and other guilds. If a MoD member, or any other player is acting up, please let myself or an officer know and we'll intervene and handle the situation. Similarly, if we have issues with another player's behavior, we may inform them or their guild leader(s). Repeat violations may result in banning, squelching, or blacklisting.
- Hierarchy: The MoD features a two-tier system consisting of Officers & Members. The "Board of Officers", include MoD's most active and experienced players. They are responsible for the administrative tasks to keep The MoD firing on all cylinders. These include recruitment, alliance/channel development, airship maintenance, guild quality-control, and discipline. They may be required to attend periodic officer meetings to discuss important topics. Officers are voted in/out of office by the current officer body. Members that go above and beyond in contributing to The MoD may become eligible for a promotion.
OTHER MISC. INFO
- The MoD is a proud supporter of Thelanis's Adepts Raid Training Program.
- The MoD hosts its own Vent server. Members receive automatic access. Non-MoD friends may request Vent access by consulting with Cryohazard.
- Currently scheduled raid nights (subject to change) are Mon/Fri 8pm est, and feature eVelah, Fall of Truth, and Caught in the Web. The good people of Thelanis are welcome to join if open spots are available.
- The MoD hosts the continually-edited MoD Linkepedia, a compilation of useful links pertaining to DDO, character builds, guides, quests, etc.