Introducing Adepts - a raid mentoring program
As the game ages, a growing gap between veteran raiders and newer players has put a wedge in our community. In general, pug success rates are down, the amount of LFMs being put up has diminished, and more and more private channels are being created each day.
It was the kindness of power gamers I came across that encouraged me to grow as a player from the wide-eyed newb I once was. 5 years later, I am a well-known, successful raid leader on our server. Seeing how far I have come, it is time I put my knowledge and experience to use and help better the community.
The new mentor program, appropriately labeled Adepts, will be targeted towards newer, inexperienced raiders wanting to break into the raiding world successfully. Whether you want to organize and lead raids, or simply learn how to do those nasty abbot puzzles you never had the chance to master, Adepts is targeted to help the general pugging population as a whole. Adepts will not only give you access to my own knowledge, but an array of experienced, veteran power gamers from my own guild and other endgame guilds on Thelanis.
My primary objective is to teach and train the next generation of raiders and power gamers. A general outline of the program:
- forming raid parties
- party make ups and screening people
- balancing raid groups
- assigning roles, buffs and other general leadership duties
- how to handle griefing and correct mistakes
- anticipating and recovering from errors
- puzzle proficiencies
- common courtesy and communication ethics
- looting norms and ethics
- knowing your role and following directions
- raid communication
- general party make ups
- how to form and run regular epic quests
- scroll farming techniques
REINCARNATION AND LEVELING
- planning a leveling path
- speed leveling techniques
- past life benefits and general character progression
- twink gear and tools for successful exp farming
- networking the newer generation with the older experienced veterans
- increasing the amount of LFM’s and promoting a healthier pugging environment
- raising server-wide success rates of raid pugs
- provide inexperienced players a means to advance to the endgame community
You are not required to join a guild to participate in the mentor program. The mentor program will consist of an in-game chat channel, web forums and dedicated ventrilo server.
New! Link to our new forums: www.adeptsddo.com
Anyone who wishes to participate in our program is more than welcome to request ventrilo and channel access. There is also the option to volunteer as a mentor in the program, sharing your knowledge and experience with the new generation. Several times a month raid seminars will be held to openly discuss raid tactics and techniques, with follow ups of live demonstrations (such as practicing tiles or completing an epic raid)
You can contact me for more information about the program via PM here on the forums, or signing onto my vent directly and paging me.
Adepts vent info:
Those interested in joining, please sign up on our Forums and request access to the Adepts group. The rest of the information you need will be on our forums. Feel free to contact me on this thread or via PM if you have any questions, comments or concerns.
Edit: Much information has changed recently, including the website and vent server actively being used. Existing members, please update your bookmarks and vent server information accordingly so you log onto the correct ventrilo server.