DDO install and reinstall help (Updated 4/6/2011)
If you need to install or re-install DDO please see this link:
Install download quick link:
Helpful quick tips:
- High Resolution (Textures) install (+5gb download):
- Standard Resolution (Textures) install (+3gb download)
- Both options use "Pando Media Booster" - Pando FAQ (Please read this and the linked Pando pages as well!)
If you want to install or re-install the game onto another PC to play from you can skip the part of the installation asking for the product key/create an account and it will still install the game. These prompts during the install are for new players who may not have already performed this step.
Remember Pando uses "Peer to Peer", so run a "pre-flight check" past your internet service provider (ISP) about their policies when it comes to P2P (ask nicely for a supervisor, since their "front line" support folks might not be aware of any of these policies).
If you install DDO onto Vista or Windows 7 and afterward cannot find out how to re-launch the game (or find yourself re-running the installation over and over just to be able to play) please click on the Windows "Start" button and choose "Games". Part of the "Games for Windows" specification is that the game must create it's icon in there. If that icon does not launch or was not created you can make one manually by these steps
If you re-installed and then log in and cannot find your characters, remember that they are unique to the world server and account/subscription on an account they are created under, so first make sure that you are logging into the username they were created on, then are using the subscription under that username they were created on. Lastly make sure the "Load last world played" option is not selected so that you can make sure you are logging into the right server (try them all if you can't remember which one specifically).
- Start by opening "C:\Program Files\Turbine\DDO Unlimited" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\DDO Unlimited" (Note: older installs may have "Dungeons & Dragons Online - Stormreach" instead of the newer "DDO Unlimited" folder)
- In that folder look for 'TurbineInvoker.exe' (it might show up without the '.exe' on the end but it will show up as an "Application" and will be the one with the red "shield" icon)
- Right-click that one, choosing "Send to" > "Desktop (Create Shortcut)"
If any other issues arise with the installation please contact Technical Support here.