The Official Half-Orc Fan Club
As much D&D is Tolkein inspired, I beleive the Half-Orcs are actually the Uruk-hai of Middle-Earth.
This race is ideal if you have ever wanted to play: The Loner, The Outcast, or perhaps even my favorite...The Monster.
It is unfortunate to think that players of a very similar type of game as DDO are able to play Orcs. No Half-... Just Orcs.
That being said let us look at a brief history of the Half-Orc. Please post additonal historical information I may have neglected.
- Half-Orcs officially playable race first in Advanced Dungeons & Dragons. Great creepy pic of a skinny, greasy-haired pig-nosed Half-Orc in Player's Handbook.
- Removed in AD&D 2.
- Returned again to their monsterous (and muscley) stature in D&D 3.
- Removed yet again in DDO.
- Mentioned as a possability for DDO.
- Removed again in D&D 4.
- Half-Orcs appear in D&D 4, but not in the primary Player's Handbook.
- ORCTOBER 20, 2010 Half-Orcs appear in Stormreach.
:D My Half-Orc characters ranged from bottom-feeding scum-bags, to barbaric assassins and beserkers, to power-crazed Battle-Priests more eagar to bane an enemey than heal you.
- What stories do you have about your Half-Orc characters?
- What else do you remember about Half-Orcs?
- Does anyone have any pics of Half-Orcs they can post?
- Do you remember the names to the Orcish gods?
ARE THE GAMORREAN GUARDS OF RETURN OF THE JEDI.......SPACE-ORCKS?