Below is a list of some of the Known Issues that we are aware of, and below that are features that are Working as Intended but may cause confusion. Should you come across any of these issues, there is no need to submit a bug report unless otherwise noted. For more information about bug reporting, click here!
Current Known Issues (1-15-2015) Of Special Note:
- It is possible to set a recipe to repeat and expend materials on a recipe even when additional crafting produces no benefit when using the new multiple turn-in UI in a Barter UI. For example, it is possible to upgrade a Thunder-forged weapon to Tier 2 multiple times if you set your multiple turn-in box above 1. Please do not craft multiple items using the multiple turn-in box unless creating more than one item produces a beneficial result until we get this issue fixed.
- Airship interior trim dyes do not work on some airships.
- Airship tavern amenities are not currently working correctly, and are not allowing for spell swaps, usage regeneration, and other tavern area effects. Additionally, Airship hot tubs and top decks are not providing tavern area benefits.
- The First Mate does not allow players to deposit platinum or other coinage (but does allow players to deposit Astral Shards.)
- The Kobold Island: Short Cuts optional objective "Kill 5 Orthon Lieutenants" is not able to be completed.
- Any ability that uses a Tactics DC is erroneously adding character level to the DC. Some specific class abilities do add character level to the DC, which is intended.
DDO Game Launcher:
- The French and German language game client is no longer supported. Please use our supported game client to avoid certain UI issues.
- When trying to launch the game client, make sure to use TurbineLauncher.exe (located in your DDO installation folder), and make sure to shortcut the TurbineLauncher (instead of the dndlauncher or other .exe's!)
- Mac Game Client Issues:
- Mac users utilizing the "Install, then play" DDO launcher option will encounter an message stating a "disk image" error when launching the game client. This error does not impact the ability to patch the game or play DDO.
- Players using the Mac client may receive the message "dndclient quit unexpectedly" when quitting the game through any method.
- Players using the Mac client are not able to adjust their Brightness, Contrast and Gamma levels.
- The Frenzied Berserker's core enhancement "Frenzied Toughness" currently displays no text. The enhancement should read, "Grants 20 Hit Points and +10 Positive Healing Amplification."
- The Swashbuckler stance is not applying its +1 Critical multiplier to thrown weapons.
- The Kensei Agility enhancement's tool tip displays incorrect information when taken or reset until the character logs out and then logs back into the game.
- The Deepwood Stalker enhancement "Improved Weapon Finesse" is not applying to Unarmed attacks or Handwraps.
- Shintao: the light based moves do not build up to finishing moves.
- Core Arcane Archer enhancement bonuses to bows do not overwrite the already-present enhancement bonuses on bows.
- The Assassin enhancement Shiv does not reduce the threat of nearby enemies as described.
- The Paladin's Improved Dilettante does not add up to three points of the character's Charisma bonus to increased Saving Throws.
- Divine Grace is not currently limiting its saving throw benefit based on Paladin level. This change will be done for a future game update.
- Epic Feats do not list their Pre-Requisites.
- There is no Skill Focus: Spellcraft feat
Guilds & Airships:
- After a sudden server restart, it can take up to an hour for pre-Update 22 "old" guild airship amenities to repopulate. No action is needed for the amenities to reappear, but placing amenities in the empty hook points can cause amenities to be overwritten when they repopulate.
- Shining Crescents currently benefit from Single Weapon Fighting feats, even though it is a two-handed weapon. This will be fixed in a future update.
- Attempting to use a Key to the City - Eveningstar from a Veteran Status airship (Heart of Wind) or Reincarnation Grove will prevent your character from being able to return to the Heart of Wind or Grove. Please do not do this!
- Older versions of the Libram of Silver Magic are not updating correctly if they were stored in a bank or TR cache when Update 22 was released. Players affected by this should contact Customer Service for assistance.
- The Ruby Eye of Force and Ruby Eye of Righteousness both state in the pre-slotted augment description that they do 4 to 16 damage per minimum level of the item, but that description changes to 3 to 12 damage when slotted into an item. The augments do 3 to 12 points of area-of-effect damage per minimum level of the item.
- The Quiver of Poison's poison damage does not appear in the combat log.
- The Treads of Falling Shadow's Ghostly effect does not bypass incorporeal creatures.
- The Lantern Ring's Radiant Glory effect has an incorrect tooltip. The description should read, "On Harmful Spellcast: Do an additional 2 to 12 Light damage. This effect scales with Light Spell Power. Cooldown: 1 second." The upgraded version should read, "On Harmful Spellcast: Do an additional 3 to 18 Light damage. This effect scales with Light Spell Power. Cooldown: 1 second."
- The Vertigo and Dazing weapon effects are affecting the wrong effects. Vertigo is increasing the DC of Stunning effects instead of Trip effects, and Dazing is affecting Trip effects rather than Stunning effects.
- And the Dead Shall Rise
- The Optional Objective "Kill 25 Skeletons" is sometimes not able to be completed due to a lack of enough skeletons spawning.
- It is possible to accidentally click on the Gianthold portal rather than the Gianthold wilderness area when attempting to enter the Gianthold wilderness zone
- House Cannith
- Secrets of the Artificers
- Warforged are missing their death animations.
- Orchard of the Macabre
- Ghosts of Perdition
- The two brothers' hit points are too low on Epic Elite.
- Sentinels of Stormreach
- Spies in the House
- Completing Spies in the House while running the Sentinels quest chain will cause Taggart d'Deneith to not grant an end reward list for completing the quest chain.
- Three Barrel Cove
- NEW: The Heroic Saga timer for the Three Barrel Cove quest arc is incorrectly set to be repeatable every four days instead of every three days.
- Precious Cargo
- Ranged attacks against moving airships will miss unless the attack targets and hits the center of the airship.
- There is a typo in Thela Bonmar's dialogue after players defeat Aurgolroasa.
- Pressing the "use" button too quickly may cause a mirror to not reflect light properly until the mirror is spun around again.
- Vale of Twilight
- Valairea Satnerine's tutorial quest for the Altar of Fecundity doesn't check for items inside bags. As long as the items she wants are outside the bags, she will take them.
- It is not possible to hide the Dragonmark on a Half-orc.
- It is possible for items to erroneously appear above or underneath other items in your first few inventory slots following a Lesser or Epic Reincarnation, making it appear that an item disappeared. Moving your inventory slots around can uncover these items.
- The Lesser Reincarnation UI does not state that the account-level 32-Point Build option is required in order to upgrade a character to 32-points when using a Lesser Reincarnation.
- Spells with a Fortitude save for half damage are displaying an "Evade" combat text on a successful saving throw.
- The Social Panel does not display the names of party members in the LFM panel until the Who tab loads the names of characters on the server first. To see LFM names, please select the Who panel, then allow the name list to populate.
- Items placed in the Shared Bank prior to the release of Update 24 are not able to be located through the Search function of the bank until the items are returned to your inventory, then placed back into the Shared Bank.
- Quest Optional Objective text no longer lists monster names.
- Festival Cookies will not go into the Bag Deposit Box.
- Spell Critical effects sometimes post messages to the Combat Log about bonuses not stacking for effect types they do not actually provide.
- The word "Dodge" is used instead of "Spell Resistance" when a monster makes a Spell Resistance saving throw.
- The Founder's Fountain in the Harbor displays only a black screen when clicked on.
- The Challenge Rules button displays only a black window when selected.
- If a player dies and checks the "Do Not Show" option in the "You Are Dead" UI box, then resets hints, the "Do Not Show" check box remains checked the next time the "You Are Dead" box appears.
- NPCs that have been turned to stone still move in the Focus Orb.
- Some ambient audio noises fail to clear up when changing instances/leaving the area, and persist in other areas of the game when they should not.
- In Dx11, some ground textures appear black, particularly if using the "Low" setting. This can be corrected by turning on Multi-Pass Lighting in the graphics settings, or by increasing the display quality above "Low".
- Artificer Iron Defender Modules appear under the Handwraps section of the Auction House.
WORKING AS INTENDED
Of Special Note:
- Monster Manual and Wilderness Area slayer counts do not update until a player logs out and then logs back in. This change was made to improve game performance.
- If you are downgrading from a VIP account, any characters of a premium race and/or class that you have not purchased with Turbine Points or unlocked with favor must be purchased/unlocked before you will be able to access the character as a free or premium player. Example: If you downgrade and select a warforged monk, you will need to purchase monk and warforged before you'll be able to play the character.
- Remember that if you take Jeets offer to skip the tutorial you will be advanced ahead in the storyline of Korthos. In order to group with friends who have not yet unlocked the ability to skip the tutorial, decline Jeets offer to skip ahead and complete the grotto tutorial instance. This will allow you to enter the snowy version of Korthos village to group with other players in that part of the story!
- Once Favored Soul or Drow is unlocked with favor points, it is still accessible in the DDO Store. This is by design, as purchase in the store will grant Favored Soul or Drow access to your account for all servers, while favor unlocking is per-server only.
- Viewing the Store before you login a character will only display account level character purchase items. To see a full list of items available to your character, log in the character.
- The DDO Store's automatic filtering does not recognize feats or enhancements that allow you to overcome prerequisites for some items. This can result in the Store blocking some items from appearing in your catalog because the store doesn't think you are able to use the items. To see and be able to purchase these items, turn off filtering.
- You must close and reopen the DDO Store to purchase each upgrade of the Shared Bank: Platinum Vault.
- It is not possible to have more than three classes during a reincarnation, and the reincarnation system remembers how many classes you had prior to the start of the reincarnation process. Therefore, some players may experience issues preventing them from taking a "fourth" class, particularly if they are a three-class multiclass build and are attempting to swap out one of the classes for a different classes.