PDA

View Full Version : Is die hard feat of good use

blackdrowarcanenuts
10-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Is die hard feat of good use from low level to higher level?

Brennie
10-03-2009, 01:11 AM
No. Diehard is of minimal use in low level, and quickly becomes obsolete in high level.

So Diehard to be practical, you'd need to be dropped ebtwe 0 and -10 hitpoints a lot. usually, if you're going to be hit really hard in higher level content (Like 7+ even) it will flat out kill out. And if it doesn't, the healer in your group (or someone with a wands) is likely to bring you back to life before you bleed out anyway.

Diehard is useful to rangers, who get it for free. And then, only helpful one out of a thousand times. Don't ever spend a feat slot on it.

HeavenlyCloud
10-03-2009, 01:18 AM
No. Diehard is of minimal use in low level, and quickly becomes obsolete in high level.

So Diehard to be practical, you'd need to be dropped ebtwe 0 and -10 hitpoints a lot. usually, if you're going to be hit really hard in higher level content (Like 7+ even) it will flat out kill out. And if it doesn't, the healer in your group (or someone with a wands) is likely to bring you back to life before you bleed out anyway.

Diehard is useful to rangers, who get it for free. And then, only helpful one out of a thousand times. Don't ever spend a feat slot on it.

I kinda disagree. This feat made me solo the reaver on elite. Sure i could have died and tried again but this feat did save me time. Also is an awesome feat when you are facing an imminent party wipe and you only get incapped. Get die hard and later on switch it out.

Brennie
10-03-2009, 01:33 AM
I kinda disagree. This feat made me solo the reaver on elite. Sure i could have died and tried again but this feat did save me time. Also is an awesome feat when you are facing an imminent party wipe and you only get incapped. Get die hard and later on switch it out.

I am not a fan of the "Switch it out" policy, especially for new players inexperienced with the game. Or the "Well it works sometimes" policy, especially since some mobs will come finish you off if you're incap (Or toss around enough AoEs that it won't matter).

blackdrowarcanenuts
10-03-2009, 01:35 AM
Thanks for info:)

HeavenlyCloud
10-03-2009, 01:45 AM
I am not a fan of the "Switch it out" policy, especially for new players inexperienced with the game. Or the "Well it works sometimes" policy, especially since some mobs will come finish you off if you're incap (Or toss around enough AoEs that it won't matter).

Just saying that we should name all the options available and then give our personal choice.

And "well it works sometimes" can be said for everything, just cause it doesn't work 100% of the time it shouldn't be discarded so easy. Stunning blow "works sometimes" and most builds have it for example.

Autolycus
10-03-2009, 01:52 AM
I'm going to try a new character in what I think is called a PD group (only able to be raised by 9th or higher cleric, no rez shrines).

I was wondering what anyone who has experience in such a setting thinks of the value of Diehard?

sirgog
10-03-2009, 07:09 AM
Toughness is generally superior from level 7 onward.

Tammuz
10-03-2009, 03:36 PM
I had diehard for a while, but even then when I regened to consciousness I would just get smacked again into unconsciousness or death. I traded mine for another Dragonmark.

Montrose
10-03-2009, 03:55 PM
If you play perma-death, you should absolutely get die-hard

Otherwise, skip it.

Brennie
10-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Toughness is generally superior from level 7 onward.

Ooh, good call!

Indeed, its not so much that Diehard is so-terrible-you-should-never-take-it (Even though it is), its more that there are much better feats out there that should be occupying your feat slots!

tinyelvis
10-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Die hard is nice. It is more useful during solo play. However, usually there are better feats to take. At high level, you can get regeneration and it will essentially make you die hard.

cdbd3rd
10-03-2009, 04:38 PM
... especially since some mobs will come finish you off if you're incap (Or toss around enough AoEs that it won't matter).

That is one of the biggest reasons to not get it.
I have had it on chars before, and it's great when soloing something tough. However, more and more mobs are being upgraded to know you're still breathing as you lay there. :(
As they should, I might add.

Handy very seldom. Not worth a paid-for feat slot any more. IMO as a past Diehard user.